I wish we could get one of these for Rush

Stormtron

Weird I'm having problem accessing that link - but I think I get the gist.

If they do something like that I hope it's Rock Band! smile.gif

I wonder how Rush feels about this sort of stuff... I mean any of their songs on both Guitar Hero and Rock Band have been cover versions... I wonder if they object to these for some reason, or if the original source music isn't available to play around with or what.

I donate my Jeep to charity for a chance to get drunk with Alex and play Rush Rock Band songs all night.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin' @ Feb 15 2008, 03:14 PM)
Why Aero-friggin'-Smith? Of all the bands that have been popular, I would've only been more disappointed by Van Halen.

Aerosmith and KISS are by far the two biggest 'rock' bands that absolutely turn my stomach. I've been known to go to almost ANY length to turn off a radio playing Aerosmith.

Steven Tyler says, "Any band that can go from 'Don't Want to Miss A Thing' (AEROSMITH's #1 smash hit) to the ass-kicking 'Sweet Emotion' to the cheekiness of 'Love in an Elevator', to the classic ballad 'Dream On' shows why Activision chose us to headline this game based on the diversity of the AEROSMITH catalog. Not only is songwriting a bitch, but then it goes and has puppies."

ranton.gif

What an arrogant prick. You want diversity, Steven Tyler? Go from "The Spirit of Radio" to the ass-kicking "Tom Sawyer" to the cheekiness of "I Think I'm Going Bald" to the epic "Hemispheres" and tell me your songwriting comes anywhere NEAR Rush. I f-in hate you, Steven. Your bland sell-out rock will never be anything compared to the complexities, and actual diversity, of the RUSH catalog. Your songwriting may have been a bitch, you talentless hack, and it may have had puppies; but, the Snow Dog just chewed them up, spat them out, and made By-Tor raise them in hell. By the way, even early-80's Geddy Lee was more attractive than you- big glasses and all. When you show me one Aerosmith album that comes anywhere near a Rush album, I will take back what I said. I hope this makes its way into your hands, Steven, because you deserve to know how disgusting your music is.

rantoff.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 15 2008, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin' @ Feb 15 2008, 03:14 PM)
Why Aero-friggin'-Smith? Of all the bands that have been popular, I would've only been more disappointed by Van Halen.

Aerosmith and KISS are by far the two biggest 'rock' bands that absolutely turn my stomach. I've been known to go to almost ANY length to turn off a radio playing Aerosmith.

Same here. Aerosmith, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Kiss all make me go "ugh" and listen to something else, even if it's commercials.

I wasn't able to watch the clip either, but I've had this idea brewing for awhile. How about an epic theme video game with Rush characters?

Flash to the future in 2112 with bobble-head characters of the boys trying to fight their way through the Priests to find their instruments... full versions of their songs playing the background. Defeating the Federation is the goal and at the end you get to use the characters to play a concert!

Corny??

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 15 2008, 05:27 PM)
Steven Tyler says, "Any band that can go from 'Don't Want to Miss A Thing' (AEROSMITH's #1 smash hit) to the ass-kicking 'Sweet Emotion' to the cheekiness of 'Love in an Elevator', to the classic ballad 'Dream On' shows why Activision chose us to headline this game based on the diversity of the AEROSMITH catalog. Not only is songwriting a bitch, but then it goes and has puppies."

ranton.gif

What an arrogant prick. You want diversity, Steven Tyler? Go from "The Spirit of Radio" to the ass-kicking "Tom Sawyer" to the cheekiness of "I Think I'm Going Bald" to the epic "Hemispheres" and tell me your songwriting comes anywhere NEAR Rush. I f-in hate you, Steven. Your bland sell-out rock will never be anything compared to the complexities, and actual diversity, of the RUSH catalog. Your songwriting may have been a bitch, you talentless hack, and it may have had puppies; but, the Snow Dog just chewed them up, spat them out, and made By-Tor raise them in hell. By the way, even early-80's Geddy Lee was more attractive than you- big glasses and all. When you show me one Aerosmith album that comes anywhere near a Rush album, I will take back what I said. I hope this makes its way into your hands, Steven, because you deserve to know how disgusting your music is.

rantoff.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 15 2008, 06:27 PM)
Your songwriting may have been a bitch, you talentless hack, and it may have had puppies; but, the Snow Dog just chewed them up, spat them out, and made By-Tor raise them in hell.

Possibly the nerdyist biting insult ever.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 15 2008, 10:27 PM)

ranton.gif

rantoff.gif

FFS

What did you expect the man to say?

"We're so grateful that we were picked to headline this game, but everyone knows there are other bands more worthy than us, especially the mighty Rush"

Get a grip yes.gif

ranton.gif

rantoff.gif

Yeah, ok....... eyesre4.gif

wacko.gif While I'm not a huge fan it's hard to deny Aerosmith has had a pretty amazing and productice career, and are prime candidates for something like GH. I'd gladly take one of these types of sequels with Rush, Kiss and a host of others. I have the crazy ability to appreciate more than one band.

QUOTE (MacBob @ Feb 17 2008, 01:20 AM)
wacko.gif While I'm not a huge fan it's hard to deny Aerosmith has had a pretty amazing and productice career, and are prime candidates for something like GH. I'd gladly take one of these types of sequels with Rush, Kiss and a host of others. I have the crazy ability to appreciate more than one band.

I'm not a fan either (except for some of the 70's stuff)......but that post above was pretty idiotic...........

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 16 2008, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 15 2008, 10:27 PM)

ranton.gif

rantoff.gif

FFS

What did you expect the man to say?

"We're so grateful that we were picked to headline this game, but everyone knows there are other bands more worthy than us, especially the mighty Rush"

Get a grip yes.gif

yea he should have said that

QUOTE (MacBob @ Feb 17 2008, 01:20 AM)

its hard to like another band when they're not as good as rush

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 15 2008, 11:56 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 15 2008, 06:27 PM)
Your songwriting may have been a bitch, you talentless hack, and it may have had puppies; but, the Snow Dog just chewed them up, spat them out, and made By-Tor raise them in hell.

Possibly the nerdyist biting insult ever.

true, this insult is made of Rush fandom and win.

Get a grip yes.gif

Pun Intended??? icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

From a financial stand point this would seem to be a great economic move for any band. Image the royalties that they are going to receive. I mean big bands usually have a great love of music, but let's face facts, they love the millions they make from that music too. If I were in a band that was on a major label and had controlling rights to the music, I would jump all over this.

Aside from the obvious reasons, think about how much this would allow a fan to really immerse themselves in their favorite band's music. I think this is a great way to give back something to the fans, and profit off it at the same time. I think every major recording act should release a game like this.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Mar 21 2008, 04:11 AM)
Get a grip yes.gif

Pun Intended??? icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

yes it was actually laugh.gif

congrats on being the first to "get it" yes.gif

ranton.gif

rantoff.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

I wipe my ass with Aerosmith records and.

Archived