No country for old men

2112-Rob-2112

So i saw this a couple weeks ago...and i was pumped up to see it because of all the good reviews and stuff from it. Im sorry to say i was pretty disappointed..it felt like half a movie to me...it ended like in the middle.

the performances were spot on and some of the action sequences really had me going..but the movie as a whole was really a letdown..has anyone else seen this?

Like most people in the theatre, I was left at the end thinking "wtf?". But the more I thought about it, the more the ending made sense. It was never supposed to be a traditional story (i.e. plot begins with an event, builds to a climax, and resolves to some kind of ending).

The way I interpreted it, it's a snapshot into the lives of the three main characters; we know where they came from, and we know where they're going (Llewellyn's dead, obviously; Anton will nurse his injuries and keep killing people, and the Sheriff will settle into a long and dull retirement). That's how it made sense to me, anyway.

It seems like a lot of movies I've seen recently sort of had the same type of no-end ending. I enjoyed the 'ride' the movie provided.

From what I understand the movie is pretty faithful to the book, except that Jones' character's final scene had a backstory to it making the finale clearer. Including the backstory in the movie would've really bogged down the ending.