Elton John

VaporTrails04

QUOTE (VaporTrails04 @ Feb 13 2008, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 12 2008, 05:40 PM)
I think it was Bernie Taupin who co-wrote all the good songs with Elton.

Elton alone is crap.

taupin wrote, if not all of his seventies lyrics. he left in the eighties and they just recently reformed i believe. elton wrote all the music and in my opinion the music is what makes the lyrics work, so alone elton john is not crap..... smilies-8579.png

i guess i shoulda figured that this would happen, but why do people have to bring his sexuallity into a topic about his music? pure ignorance

I know. I guess they're just too insecure about their own sexuality that they have to knock others sexuality.

QUOTE (VaporTrails04 @ Feb 13 2008, 12:02 PM)
why do people have to bring his sexuallity into a topic about his music? pure ignorance

Where and who said anything about that?

QUOTE (VaporTrails04 @ Feb 13 2008, 11:02 AM)

Elton alone is crap.

taupin wrote, if not all of his seventies lyrics. he left in the eighties and they just recently reformed i believe. elton wrote all the music and in my opinion the music is what makes the lyrics work, so alone elton john is not crap..... smilies-8579.png

i guess i shoulda figured that this would happen, but why do people have to bring his sexuallity into a topic about his music? pure ignorance

George Michael is gay too. Freddie Mercury was as well. You don't see people bashing them, do you? I don't care if they're aliens from another planet, as long as they make good music. That's all that matters to me personally.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Feb 14 2008, 12:52 AM)

Elton alone is crap.

George Michael is gay too. Freddie Mercury was as well. You don't see people bashing them, do you? I don't care if they're aliens from another planet, as long as they make good music. That's all that matters to me personally.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Feb 14 2008, 10:03 AM)
20 + years ago Elton John was a great artist now he is a faded celebrity with very little to offer in terms of new music.

Yeah but he's about 60 now, you can't expect everyone in the 60s to come up with new great stuff.

My favourute 80s tune was I'm Still Standing...

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 14 2008, 08:10 AM)

Elton alone is crap.

goodpost.gif

+1

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (WorkingAngel @ Feb 14 2008, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 14 2008, 08:10 AM)

Elton alone is crap.

goodpost.gif

+1

+2 goodpost.gif

ya, it is stupid to mention that he is gay.

I do like his music. Anyone else have trouble understanding the words he is singing? I have heard Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road a million times and did not know what he was singing until I read it earlier in the thread. they are actually very good.

I still want to know why the "gay" (sexuality) thing came up. I can't find a post where anyone said this.

Elton is one of the finest songwriters of our time. Remember, a well written song is a well written song. Regardless of who wrote it. But then again this is the Rush Forum, where most people are blind to good songwriting by anyone other than Rush. Understandable I guess, but not excusable.

I appreciate someone who writes "I admire his songwriting but I don't like his music". As opposed to "he sucks now and his only good songs were in the 70's". Come on... He writes with much more passion now than he ever did. In the 70's they were rock songs, now they actually have tons of feeling. Oh yea feeling, what's that in todays music. Very few artists write with any emotion anymore, at least not like Elton does.

QUOTE (Tom C @ Feb 12 2008, 08:33 AM)
Crap, fat, bald, gay Watford fan.

Not impressed

Here's the "gay" post we're looking for. Not surprised to see that it's Tom C who posted it. Tom, if I remember correctly from reading some of his UNmemorable posts, likes Rush's Caress Of Steel, and nothing else.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 15 2008, 02:13 AM)

Not impressed

Here's the "gay" post we're looking for. Not surprised to see that it's Tom C who posted it. Tom, if I remember correctly from reading some of his UNmemorable posts, likes Rush's Caress Of Steel, and nothing else.

I have nothing against gays and long may it stay that way, so I suppose it's OK to pick on people for being crap/fat/bald or a Watford fan then????????

I do have an intense loathing of his husband/wife he has a face that I;d never tyre of hitting.

Quick question, if my posts are so unmemorable, how come you recall the bits about Caress of Steel, hmmmmmmmm sweetie?

I'm off to Allied carpets to buy a new rug. Wonder if Reggie boy will be there???????????

QUOTE (Tom C @ Feb 15 2008, 08:36 AM)

Not impressed

I have nothing against gays and long may it stay that way, so I suppose it's OK to pick on people for being crap/fat/bald or a Watford fan then????????

I do have an intense loathing of his husband/wife he has a face that I;d never tyre of hitting.

Quick question, if my posts are so unmemorable, how come you recall the bits about Caress of Steel, hmmmmmmmm sweetie?

I'm off to Allied carpets to buy a new rug. Wonder if Reggie boy will be there???????????

I think to try and sum up what 1-0-0-1 was meaning... your posts are usually filled with nothing but contemptuous bullshit. There seems to be few things you're willing to speak well of around here. You're a one person rain cloud. Are your posts realistically unmemorable, perhaps/perhaps not. From a wishful perspective... DEFINITELY!

You go and have yourself a great day,ok sweetie? wink.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Feb 15 2008, 12:52 AM)
I still want to know why the "gay" (sexuality) thing came up. I can't find a post where anyone said this.

Elton is one of the finest songwriters of our time. Remember, a well written song is a well written song. Regardless of who wrote it. But then again this is the Rush Forum, where most people are blind to good songwriting by anyone other than Rush. Understandable I guess, but not excusable.
I appreciate someone who writes "I admire his songwriting but I don't like his music". As opposed to "he sucks now and his only good songs were in the 70's". Come on... He writes with much more passion now than he ever did. In the 70's they were rock songs, now they actually have tons of feeling. Oh yea feeling, what's that in todays music. Very few artists write with any emotion anymore, at least not like Elton does.

his music from the eighties and nineties stuff was nowhere near as good as his seventies stuff. i do give you that it was a different style of music he was creating but since Taupin wasnt there the lyrics seemed to lack. His past 4 albums have been fantastic. He is my favorite "solo" artist of all time so i am by no means saying his stuff is pure crap, thank you.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 15 2008, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (Tom C @ Feb 15 2008, 08:36 AM)

Not impressed

I think to try and sum up what 1-0-0-1 was meaning... your posts are usually filled with nothing but contemptuous bullshit. There seems to be few things you're willing to speak well of around here. You're a one person rain cloud. Are your posts realistically unmemorable, perhaps/perhaps not. From a wishful perspective... DEFINITELY!

You go and have yourself a great day,ok sweetie? wink.gif

I had a great day thanks, Madame Palm and her five sweet daughters gave me all I could want.

I listened to Caress of Steel 25 times and set fire to a pub full of homos.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 16 2008, 07:14 PM)
OK with that comment, consider this thread closed until we sort out how to handle Tom C.

Okay, I think we have it sorted out.

Tom C, one more hate post about "homos" or any other group that you don't approve of will get you banned from this board. Permanently. We don't allow hate talk here. Very simple.

Grow up.

Re-opening this thread.