ATONEMENT

daveyt

We caught this at a matinee today. It was a very heavy movie, no doubt. Very interesting story, though, against the backdrop of 1930s high society Britain and early involvment in WWII, mainly Dunkirk evacuation and German bombing campaign. The acting was superb. Keira Knightley really needs to gain a few pounds. Seeing her ribs protruding was not a particularly attractive look, I must say. She did a great job, besides that. Vanessa Redgrave also has a short part and plays it very well. This is the kind of movie that gets tons of nominations, at the very least.

I watched this on Saturday evening with a bit of a hangover from Friday which might have clouded my judgment a little.

Firstly it was an incredibly beautiful film which was a shot very well and a feast for the eyes.

Talking about a feast, Keira is absolutely stunning in this film, however she does need a good feed as there is nothing to hang on to her with.

However by the middle of the film I was losing interest in the characters which given the circumstances I should have cared what happened to them.

My big regret was watching it my wife, who liked the story but also thought it dragged out a bit too, otherwise it would have been switched off and replaced with Match of the Day,

Edited by Milton Bridge

My wife and I saw this yesterday.

It was a beautifully done movie - great acting, very stylishly filmed, very believable. It was, however, also, very sad. Not quite a tearjerker, but a sad story. Well worth seeing and definitely deserving of the nominations it received...