something i thought was interesting

OBaterista!

I was thinking about the first time i saw rush, summer '04 during the R30 tour. Not knowing many songs, and not even knowing their names! I dont remember much from the show, just that i had a great time.

I couldnt help but feel totally different when i saw them in '07. It was so much more personal. What i mean is i was just becoming a fan when i saw them for the first time, and now 3 years later it was a totally different experience to see them live. It meant so much more just cause i felt like i knew them better. Now im getting ready to see them this year, and i can already tell it will be 10x better than last year.

has anyone else had this feeling?

40 shows and everyone better than the last!

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Feb 1 2008, 03:45 PM)
I was thinking about the first time i saw rush, summer '04 during the R30 tour. Not knowing many songs, and not even knowing their names! I dont remember much from the show, just that i had a great time.

I couldnt help but feel totally different when i saw them in '07. It was so much more personal. What i mean is i was just becoming a fan when i saw them for the first time, and now 3 years later it was a totally different experience to see them live. It meant so much more just cause i felt like i knew them better. Now im getting ready to see them this year, and i can already tell it will be 10x better than last year.

Absolutely. I fist saw them on the Vapor Trails tour, and like you not knowing much about Rush but still having a ball. 2 years later I went to R30 Opening Day and it was completely different. I knew every song, every lyric, every drum fill and solo, and it felt more personal cause I felt I knew Lerxst, Dirk, and Pratt way better.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Feb 1 2008, 02:45 PM)
I was thinking about the first time i saw rush, summer '04 during the R30 tour.  Not knowing many songs, and not even knowing their names!  I dont remember much from the show, just that i had a great time.

I couldnt help but feel totally different when i saw them in '07.  It was so much more personal.  What i mean is i was just becoming a fan when i saw them for the first time, and now 3 years later it was a totally different experience to see them live.  It meant so much more just cause i felt like i knew them better.  Now im getting ready to see them this year, and i can already tell it will be 10x better than last year.

I know exactly what you mean. Interesting to note our first concerts were in the same year smile.gif

I first saw Rush live in September 2004, at Wembley Arena in London during the R30 tour. I had a blast at the gig, but the only problem was this: I'd only been a Rush fan for about eight or nine months at the time, so I was still unfamiliar with a goodly chunk of their material. I clearly remember asking my friend "What song is this?" almost constantly throughout the evening.

Flash forward to the Snakes & Arrows Tour in '07 - completely different story. Completely familiar with most of the songs, knew so much more about the boys that it did have overtones of a personal experience.

Roll on S&A 2008! 653.gif

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Feb 1 2008, 05:45 PM)

Nope! I really didn't like them the first time I saw them on the 2112 tour. I gave them another try the next time they came around.....even worse!! Been going to every tour ever since...still nothing! I saw them 3 times last year to get to 33 total. Are these guys ever gonna get any good?!

Well, I guess I'll keep trying. I'll see them 3 times in April to make it 36 times total. Hopefully they've finally figured it out! wink.gif biggrin.gif

Everytime that I have seen RUSH has been a better experience.

Of course, each of those experiences were based on my "extra curricular activities" before, during and after the shows, and where my seat was during the show.

But i found as I have gotten older, I've learned to appreciate their music and their ability to play much more.

This tour will hopefully be the best experience yet!

1022.gif

Archived