LED ZEPPELIN vs PINK FLOYD

EmotionDetector

If each band re-united for one show only, which would you rather see?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. If each band re-united for one show only, which would you rather see?

• LED ZEPPELIN
    • PINK FLOYD

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 30 2008, 07:43 PM)
Floyd (But only if Roger Waters is a part of the act)

Don't Get me wrong, I love David Gilmour. He is by far my faviorate guitarist. But Floyd, the True Floyd..is and will always be Gilmour, Waters, Mason, and Wright.

My thoughts exactly.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Jan 30 2008, 08:18 PM)

Don't Get me wrong, I love David Gilmour.  He is by far my faviorate guitarist.  But Floyd, the True Floyd..is and will always be Gilmour, Waters, Mason, and Wright.

My thoughts exactly.

Yes me too. I would only go with Pink Floyd if it was Gilmour, Waters, Wright, and Mason. I think now I would go with Zeppelin since I've seen Roger Waters in '07. But a reunited Pink Floyd IMO would sound better live. Gilmour and Waters can still sing. Plant's lost it. Ugh. Such a hard decision. I'll get back to you when they both announce reunion tours. ph34r.gif

Edited by Echoes

That was a tough one. But I probably like Floyd more.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 30 2008, 05:12 PM)
I'm a huge Gilmour fan...so the choice is easy, even though I've seen Floyd in concert before.

yes.gif Same here.

I have no desire to see Robert Plant on stage. None. Now if Coverdale and Page would work together again, we'd have something.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 30 2008, 10:18 PM)

I have no desire to see Robert Plant on stage. None.

i hear ya trink39.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 30 2008, 05:43 PM)

Don't Get me wrong, I love David Gilmour. He is by far my faviorate guitarist. But Floyd, the True Floyd..is and will always be Gilmour, Waters, Mason, and Wright.

Similarly, I'd only want to see Zep if John Bonham was playing with them.

And please don't go on about how he's been dead for 28 years. I HATE when people say that. angry.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 30 2008, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 30 2008, 05:12 PM)
I'm a huge Gilmour fan...so the choice is easy, even though I've seen Floyd in concert before.

yes.gif Same here.

I have no desire to see Robert Plant on stage.

Ditto on the feelings about Gilmour AND no desire to see Plant.

I saw Zep in '77 and Floyd on the Wall tour in'80. Zep was definitely more entertaining live, and the footage from the latest reunion looked and sounded really good.

Floyd. Without a doubt.

Although theres no comparison to the two groups.

Both are pioneers.

Led Zeppelin for sure. A lot more stage presence and excitement.

Seeing Pink Floyd live changed my life forever. No question I'd rather see them live one last time that win a contest to follow around Zep first row for their entire world tour. No question.

edit: As a matter of fact Ima watch PULSE DVD tonight or tomorrow it's been a while. Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck every time - just beautiful.

Edited by Godeater2112

Rick Wright and Roger Waters both recently stated they want to play again (Wright wants another Floyd tour and Waters wants one more tour and one more album). Nick Mason would do it in a drop of a hat and also said the band hasn't disbanded officially yet and one member can't end the group. Both he and Gilmour own the name Pink Floyd. David Gilmour I think is a bit reluctant as he wants to watch his kids grow up. Also, two key members of Pink Floyd's touring entourages are no longer alive and they were tour manager Tony Howard and manager Steve O'Rourke whom managed the band from the moment Syd left until the day he died.

Then again, Phil Collins was reluctant to do the Genesis thing last year as he wants to see his two young sons grow up but he did it. Since Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford's children are now older, they went to Switzerland (where Phil resides) to rehearse and the rest is history.

My suggestion is do a Cream arrangement. Either that or like The Wall shows in 1980/81. A week in L.A., a week in N.Y. and a week in London. Not that hard plus film it for a DVD and live album and give the world the long awaited classic lineup PF live album.

Zeppelin were superb on the footage I saw from their reunion. Reunion #3 proved to be the flawless one. The Live Aid 1985 gig was marred by a drunk Page, a voice shot Plant in some places, Tony Thompson and Phil Collins are two different drummers (Tony came from disco and funk whereas Phil came from prog/jazz fusion) and Jonesy did WELL as always. The 1988 reunion Jason Bonham was drunk, Plant showboated singing, Jonesy's keyboards weren't working and Page's guitar was still a bit sloppy. The 2007 reunion, everyone was on top of their game!

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jan 31 2008, 02:55 PM)
Waters wants one more tour and one more album

I'm all for a tour, but I don't know how much I'd want to hear a new album, even with the original lineup. I have my doubts that it would be good, unless all four of them are 100% passionate about it. It's totally possible for them to reunite for a tour, but I doubt Gilmour could be talked into recording another album, and as a result I feel like it would probably be a forced effort if they did it.

Floyd, without question. What I've seen of Zeppelin live I've never liked. Their studio work is amazing, but their attempts to replicate it live fall short. Floyd, on the other hand, translates very well live.

Led Zeppelin for me.

Pink Floyd don't ad-lib at all in their gigs (i've seen them twice live) they just play stuff off the album note-for-note confused13.gif

Now don't get me wrong, i LUV Floyd ... but i reckon LZ would be a better gig to catch 1022.gif

Both please. Realistically, both tours could happen.

I voted Zeppelin just because I saw Waters and his group about a month before I saw Rush last summer(what an awesome summer for concerts) ...and even though I love Gilmour, I only thought a few times "I wish Gilmour was here." Dave Kilminster was/is FANTASTIC.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 31 2008, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jan 31 2008, 02:55 PM)
Waters wants one more tour and one more album

I'm all for a tour, but I don't know how much I'd want to hear a new album, even with the original lineup. I have my doubts that it would be good, unless all four of them are 100% passionate about it. It's totally possible for them to reunite for a tour, but I doubt Gilmour could be talked into recording another album, and as a result I feel like it would probably be a forced effort if they did it.

Plus then there the issue of writing the material. One thing about Waters leaving the band in the 80's is that it allowed David to flex his writing muscle, which was really good.....diffrent....mabey not "Floyd"....but David is a very good song writer. And we still got to see Waters carry on songwriting as well "Pros and Cons" was a fantastic album, "KAOS" was passable, but "Amused to Death" is probably one of my all time faviorate albums (probably a top 10).

Plus it was songwriting that broke the band apart in the first place, because lets face it, Waters was a control freak, a genius, but too dominering who was basically an asshole to the rest of the Band. Floyd hasen't truly written together since "Wish You Were Here". I just think getting that group together and trying to do another album might not work out so well, and I would be perfectly content with a reunion tour. But It would be truly a testimate if Floyd could get back together and write an album together without bickering, and I think it could be something that would shatter any kind of expectation.