Tabs to Resist (acoustic)

giantsv

sadly I can't read tab...never been able to figure it out...then again, in my 21 years of playing rhythm guitar, I've never learned how to read music either. I thankfully have enough of a musical ear to get me by to sit down and listen to a good boot recording of them doing the acoustic rendition of Resist and was able to decipher the chords from that. Once I get it typed up, for those tablature-ley inept (like myself), I will post it in this thread smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 15 2005, 03:27 AM)
sadly I can't read tab...never been able to figure it out...then again, in my 21 years of playing rhythm guitar, I've never learned how to read music either. I thankfully have enough of a musical ear to get me by to sit down and listen to a good boot recording of them doing the acoustic rendition of Resist and was able to decipher the chords from that. Once I get it typed up, for those tablature-ley inept (like myself), I will post it in this thread smile.gif

hey I hear ya....well I can play tab...and I understand it but thats it...I can't read music whatsoever. Drumming is easy to listen to. but for guitar it's completely different for me. wacko.gif

I have an ear for what's right but how to fix it sad.gif

The thing about Tab is it's not always 100% right, I always listen to what I'm learning while I play.

The thing is I'm really just A beginner just a year or so under my belt. I can play good as a backup to my friend who covers up my mistakes ohmy.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 17 2005, 12:19 AM)
sadly I can't read tab...never been able to figure it out...then again, in my 21 years of playing rhythm guitar, I've never learned how to read music either.  I thankfully have enough of a musical ear to get me by to sit down and listen to a good boot recording of them doing the acoustic rendition of Resist and was able to decipher the chords from that.  Once I get it typed up, for those tablature-ley inept (like myself), I will post it in this thread smile.gif

hey I hear ya....well I can play tab...and I understand it but thats it...I can't read music whatsoever. Drumming is easy to listen to. but for guitar it's completely different for me. wacko.gif

I think drum tabs are crazy!!! So hard to read for me. wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

I would imagine it is standard tuning. Alex rarely-to-never uses an alternate tuning (2112 live does not count).

Never played this song, nor had the desire to. I would also never take the time to tab any song out. Too much trouble. This song has a transcription credit in it.

I find most tabs to be pretty horrible, but give me a starting point. Then I use my ears.

This version of this song is very simple so I can't imagine the tab is terribly inaccurate.

AlexFinal.gif

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 17 2005, 09:02 AM)
sadly I can't read tab...never been able to figure it out...then again, in my 21 years of playing rhythm guitar, I've never learned how to read music either.  I thankfully have enough of a musical ear to get me by to sit down and listen to a good boot recording of them doing the acoustic rendition of Resist and was able to decipher the chords from that.  Once I get it typed up, for those tablature-ley inept (like myself), I will post it in this thread smile.gif

I think drum tabs are crazy!!! So hard to read for me. wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Yea drum tabs are insane.....can't.....think....that....fast lol for guitar I can....but i'm just glad I have good hearing so I don't have to use it for drumming smile.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 17 2005, 06:14 PM)

Yea drum tabs are insane.....can't.....think....that....fast lol for guitar I can....but i'm just glad I have good hearing so I don't have to use it for drumming smile.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I hear you. yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 17 2005, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 17 2005, 06:14 PM)

I hear you. yes.gif trink39.gif

I can't read tabs to drum parts, but I can read the sheet notes to a part.

QUOTE (giantsv @ Jan 17 2005, 12:27 AM)
Cyg, straight tuning on this? I think I can play this all easy chords trink39.gif

the tab for the studio version says whole step down, and i think the tab for the live version says the same thing...i cant confirm that though confused13.gif