PAGSCON '08

owlswing

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 11 2008, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (mini @ Jul 11 2008, 04:53 AM)
Ladi,

I expect a drunk (or sober) dial this weekend.

heart.gif

I got your number, doll...

we will ABSOLUTELY call you!!

*added to the list*

My phone must have been broken................ sad.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 14 2008, 02:49 PM)
And meeting my Zappa buddy! Very very cool to meet you Nick! Hopefully next time we can hang out a bit longer! biggrin.gif

Hey Rick!

It was great meeting you man! biggrin.gif Hopefully next time I can hang out with all of you for a longer period of time.

I don't want anyone to feel left out, and I hope I remember everybody, but it was wonderful to meet:

failte

Digital Man (I almost met Sundog but I think she left when I first got there)

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

GhostGirl

metaldad

Hatchetaxe&saw

Tick (from Grand Designs!)

Test4VitalSigns

troutman

thesweetscience

blonde77th

different strings (coming all the way from Australia to NJ, very nice!)

I think that's it? I also met up with (but who I first met at last year's PNC show):

Necro (my wrestling pal, loved the Rutsey Rulz! t-shirt and Dr. Seuss-type top hat haha)

CeeJ (you seemed very happy the whole time haha, it was great seeing you again)

Ladi (sayin! hey yr still as beautiful in person as you were last time!, good seeing you again)

SlackABob (great seeing you again as well!)

I think I was supposed to meet up with Pag and Owlswing but they must have already left by the time I met up with the rest of you.

I hope I didn't forget anybody, if I did please let me know!

Nick bncegrn.gif common001.gif bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 14 2008, 02:20 PM)
I feel like I am on such a High I stop & think of things and just start laughing laugh.gif

I wanted to say Thank You to 1 & All you all made sure I was ok all weekend & even at the Concert I have never eaten as much as i did the last 4 days in my life the Food was awesome !!! TRF Really Rock's but Pagscon you just can't imagine you have to experience it !!! Pag's & Owlswing I just can't say enough about you both !! wub.gif wub.gif

I can still see me & Necro holding hands walking back to the cars blush4.gif What a hand to hold wub.gif

blush4.gif

wub.gif

bekloppt.gif All, I made it home safe and sound. biggrin.gif I miss each and every one of you!! smile.gif I was laughing on the plane all the way home. laugh.gif Thinking of all the fun we had during the short time we spent together. Can't wait til next year 1022.gif trink39.gif

I don't even have words to express what a great time we had over the weekend. This was one of the best weekends I have ever had. The people are all amazing. The actual concert Sat night was almost a sideline event. The best part of the weekend was the people and gathering at Pags' & Owlswing's.

Pags & Owlswing, thank you for opening your home to all of us. You 2 are amazing as is your entire family. I know what a big event this was for you to put together and & it was completely amazing. The time & energy you put out was incredible. Thanks you again for the fantastic weekend.

It was great to meet some new people:

Tick

Slacker

TheSweetScience

Failte

PTA

Pags

Owlswing

Troutman

Different Strings

Kerry

and see some others again.

Test

Necro

CeeJ

Ladi

Blonde

GG

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

All the Rushettes

trink39.gif

wub.gif

I knew that this was going to be a GREAT time but I don't

think that I saw PAGSCON 2008 for what it really was.

yes.gif It was a wonderful gathering of TRF friends.

yes.gif There were alot of us there that were looking foward

to seeing each other again.

yes.gif We were looking foward to meeting some friends that

we hadn't met yet.

Owswing, Pags, and the Rushettes... You all opened your home

to us and it became our home. What an amazing time that we

will NEVER forget. Being part of your family was absolutely

incredible all week. I can't thank you all enough. Saying goodbye

was so hard... But I know that we will see you all in just a few short

weeks.

I had a great time meeting and hanging out with:

Troutman

Different Strings

TheSweetScience

Failte

PTA

And it was wonderful to catch up with and see:

Ladi

Blonde

Test

Digi

Sunny

Tick

Slacker

GG

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Kerry

I saw a few people let loose and really enjoyed getting to know

some people on a more intimate level. This was the most incredible

time yet and I know, in my heart, that we will all have many more

times like this in the future. I look foward to seeing many of you

again in the near future and know that the love, friendship, and fun

will just grow.

It was like a family reunion... But better. heart.gif

Rush.com has uploaded two sets of pics from Holmdel. One is of the show and the other is of load-in and soundcheck cheer.gif cheer.gif

None of us that I can see sad.gif but the soundcheck ones are cool. Hmm, where were we at soundcheck...? Oh thats right, partying at the Exxon!

Edited by Pags

Wow! What a blessing and what a touching story! I wasn't even there and I must thank all of you for waiting with Pags and keeping him from being upset. You folks are the best!

Looking forward to seeing pics. I can't the one above since our computers at work don't allow for it.

Great story Pags. I can imagine that it's enough to get a bit teary-eyed about eh? It made me think of this line (which you should all know. If not, learn it): "But no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. "

There was never a pause or second thought about waiting. It just never entered our minds to leave until Pags' van was taken care of properly.

The tailgate at Exxon was the best tailgate I have ever been to.

This just goes to prove that RUSH fans are the best!!

Pags as we all said at the time there was absolutely NO WAY we were going to leave our brother behind. We just all had to live in the moment, keep up our spirits up and hope for the best and it all worked out. biggrin.gif

That was awesome of the folks at the TGI's to come down and join us! We got to meet even more good people from TRF trink39.gif

PARTY AT THE EXXON!!!! trink38.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 15 2008, 06:37 AM)
Pags as we all said at the time there was absolutely NO WAY we were going to leave our brother behind. We just all had to live in the moment, keep up our spirits up and hope for the best and it all worked out.  biggrin.gif

That was awesome of the folks at the TGI's to come down and join us! We got to meet even more good people from TRF  trink39.gif

PARTY AT THE EXXON!!!!  trink38.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Well put Test biggrin.gif There was know way any of us were going to bail on you Pags. We left as a team from Pagscon and we all stuck together until the tow truck arrived at the Exxon. Everyone kept there spirits up and made the best of the situation. A big THANKS 1022.gif to Necro for getting it all started with his video. Ladi showed it to me before I left for the airport. When you all see it you will understand what I mean biggrin.gif What a great tailgate it was!! 653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

There was never a question of being mad or disappointed, pags. You and your wonderful family had already given us the precious gifts of your time, your home, and your hospitality. The way it all worked out was the ONLY way it could've worked out - proving that this bond we all share because of this band we all love is true and strong and real.

I love you guys. You give me strength every day, and I can't imagine having spent that time before the show in any other way.

It was perfect. heart.gif