All you Geddy lovers ;)

Cygnalschick

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFan @ Jul 1 2008, 07:34 PM)
Just a few of the hundreds of songs that get me going ***pant pant*** are Panacea (Caress of Steel) and Earthshine. **i'm faintiiing**

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Panacea....

*needs a moment....*

sigh....

love that song

Vital Signs has been hitting me that way, lately.

And I can't get enough of the vids where there's a close shot of him playing that bass.!.

OMG, I just imagine those fingers... what they could do to me...

Oh Geddy baby, play me like that... blush4.gif b_sigh.gif

drool1.gif

I put myself as the "subject" in "Heart Full of Soul" and fantasize he's talking of me ... sigh ...

Sick at heart and lonely,

Deep in dark despair.

Thinking one thought only

Where is she tell me where.

And if she says to you

She don't love me

Just give her my message

Tell her of my plea

And I know if she had me back again

Well I would never make her sad.

I've gotta heart full of soul.

She's been gone such a long time

Longer than I can bear

But if she says she wants me

Tell her that I'll be there

And if she says to you

She don't love me

Just give her my message

Tell her of my plea.

THEN, I SAY "OK GEDDY, I TAKE YOU BACK AND WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER" AND WE HAVE WUNNERFUL MAKE-UP SEX !!

Oh boy, there's so many, I don't know where to begin!!

1. ALL of Before and After, I just love how he sings it, especially the Yeah, yeah, yeah part

2. Rivendell, where he sings the line Stop here for a while until the world The world calls you away... *sigh*

3. Panacea, OMFG I love this song period!

4. Tears, my all time favorite song, I cry every time I hear it!

5. The end to Cygnus X-1 where Gedd screams *gets chills just thinking about it*

6. Hemispheres, The Sphere, Ghod, that voice is so gentle and sweet!!

7. Jacob's Ladder, when Gedd sings Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams... Tasty!!

8. Different Strings, of course! I just about like every song with the lyrics written by Gedd!

9. Natural Science, Hyperspace, with that cool vocal effect!!

10. Vital Signs, the line Everybody got to elevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate from the norm...Love it!!

OK, I guess I'll stop right there, and pick up where I left off tomorrow, lol... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The_Analog_Kid @ Jul 17 2008, 01:40 AM)
when he sings the word "permanent" in Tom Sawyer ... god i luuuv that! wub.gif drool1.gif GeddyFinal.gif

If I may invite myself into a thread of the Beautiful and the Wise, I have a suggestion for the fave Geddy song: (the origin of my namesake)

Between the Sun & Moon, Counterparts

"...There is a fine line

between love and illusion...a fine place to penetrate..."

And of course all the "Ahh"-ing and "Yes"-ing is the icing on the cake!!

yes.gif to say the least! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Jul 17 2008, 01:48 AM)
Oh boy, there's so many, I don't know where to begin!!

1. ALL of Before and After, I just love how he sings it, especially the Yeah, yeah, yeah part
2. Rivendell, where he sings the line Stop here for a while until the world The world calls you away... *sigh*
3. Panacea, OMFG I love this song period!
4. Tears, my all time favorite song, I cry every time I hear it!
5. The end to Cygnus X-1 where Gedd screams *gets chills just thinking about it*
6. Hemispheres, The Sphere, Ghod, that voice is so gentle and sweet!!
7. Jacob's Ladder, when Gedd sings Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams... Tasty!!
8. Different Strings, of course! I just about like every song with the lyrics written by Gedd!
9. Natural Science, Hyperspace, with that cool vocal effect!!
10. Vital Signs, the line Everybody got to elevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate from the norm...Love it!!

OK, I guess I'll stop right there, and pick up where I left off tomorrow, lol...  biggrin.gif

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay...time to resume my list, lol...

11. Digital Man, the part at the very end where he speaks, He plays fast forward for as long as he can But he won't need a bed He's a digital man...But then again, I love when Gedd talks at all..

12. Losing It, This entire part gives me chills, Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...

13. Pretty uch all of Afterimage...I have the vid for this song on VHS tape, and Gedd sure does wear a scarf well..

14. Grand Sesigns, the line, Against the run of the mill...gets me every time, as well as all those oHHHs, at the end!

15. Mission, Focused high on soaring ambitions Consumed in a single desire..This song was great live!!

16. The Pass, I LOVE THIS SONG!!! Gedd's voice is stellar throughout, especially when he sings the line, Christ, what have you done? Another song that makes me weep!

17. ALL of Roll the Bones, as I got to catch both legs of that tour!!

18. Animate, where Gedd sings, Elevate meeeeeeeeeee, at the end!! oh yeah!!

19. Between Sun and Moon, that whole Ahh, yes to yes to ahh, ahh to yes thing, I love it!

20. Double Agent, Gedd's speaking parts, hands down!!

21. Half The World, another fave of mine...

22. How It Is, the line, That's how it is How it's going to beeeee...*sigh*

Wow, some list huh? I tried to keep it as chronological as possible, as for the last two albums, I haven't listened to them for a while so I'll have to re familiarise myself with them, and oh man, I haven't even mentioned Gedd's solo album...My Favorite Headache and the Angel's Share are the two faves of mine...Oh man, that whole album is great!!

Edited by PanaceaFish

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 19 2008, 01:21 PM)

oooh....and the whispered overdub in the second chorus of Twilight Zone http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/f/faint.gif

I listened to that song a few times on some cheapy speakers before listening to it with headphones...I'm embarrassed to say that was the first time I noticed that part and it scared the CRAP outta me....but yeah now I really like it wub.gif

The song "Tears" brings me to tears. It is so heartfelt and sexy. The first Rush song I ever heard was Tom Sawyer when I was 13. I asked my mom for a Rush "tape" (LOL) and a "walkman" (LOLx2). She tried to find the one with Tom Sawyer, but - alas- all she could find was "2112"!!

Poor me! This is what I got for Christmas!! My first Rush and my first rock album/tape ever!!! I cried the first time I heard Tears and still do.

I will always love you, Geddy!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

heart.gif wub.gif From PanaceaI:

Here's a meaning for my life

A shelter from the storm

Pacify my troubles with

Her body, soft and warm

Naked in our unity

A smile for every tear

Gentle hands that promise me

Comfort through the years

My heart will lie beside you

And my wandering body grieves

wub.gif wub.gif

Omigosh, I've been waiting for a thread like this to happen my entire existence! So yeah, I'll get crackin' on that list then...

1. Between Sun and Moon, the part with Aahs. Especially the second time he sings each chorus where he goes a little higher... wub.gif

2. Mission. The entire song moves me, but I particularly love when he sings "For our visions of paradise..."

3. Xanadu, the entire thing. I've been a Rush fan my whole life, and Xanadu was always my favorite and the first one I learned by name. I can remember being three and asking my mom to play Xanadu as we drove in the car to my preschool. We actually listened to our copy of Exit Stage Left SO MUCH that it completely stopped working, that is, after 2 years of listening to it every single day.

4. The Stars Look Down. Pretty well the entire chorus does strange things to me. When I heard it the first time I literally choked on my own spit it was so beautiful. "What is the meaning OF THIIIIISS?"

5. One Little Victory. "The greatest act can beeee, one little victooorrreeee!"

6. Fly by Night. I've always loved that song, but my favorite bits is are "Star a new chapter, find what I'm after..." and the stuff that follows as well as "Quiet and pensive, my thoughts apprehensive..." and everything that comes after in that segment of the song.

7. Camera Eye. DEFINITELY. His voice is so clear and strong throughout the entire song, I can't help but get shivers!

8. Ceiling Unlimited. "Ceiling Unlimited, world so wiiiide..." Has anybody ever noticed how instead of "Wide" Geddy kind of throws in a few extra vowels so it comes out "Wi-eede?" Strange, but cool.

I also notice this a lot in Countdown where he says "Golden Fire" it becomes "Golden Fi-yah" and in Tom Sawyer the "er" in Sawyer magically disappears sometimes to become "Sawy-ee" Anybody else noticed this? Anyways, back to list.

9. Lakeside Park. Again, the entire song. I really love that "era" of his voice and adore listening to anything from that time period.

10. Roll the Bones. I normally go for the higher register stuff, but for some reason when he says "Roll the Bones" in almost a speaking tone between the "Why does it happen" and "Why are we here" bits.

11. Take Off. laugh.gif It's not a Rush song, but I always feel like someone drove a stake into my heart whenever I listen to it.

More as soon as I can think of them!

Edited by gypsy_owl

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 10 2008, 09:13 PM)
I also notice this a lot in Countdown where he says "Golden Fire" it becomes "Golden Fi-yah" and in Tom Sawyer the "er" in Sawyer magically disappears sometimes to become "Sawy-ee" Anybody else noticed this?

Oh yeah, I've noticed that, and LOVE it to death...

Gedd's voice is it's own instrument!! wub.gif

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 10 2008, 11:05 PM)
I also notice this a lot in Countdown where he says "Golden Fire" it becomes "Golden Fi-yah" and in Tom Sawyer the "er" in Sawyer magically disappears sometimes to become "Sawy-ee" Anybody else noticed this?

I know!! wub.gif Geddy has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard in my life, and though he is no doubt an attractive man I still consider his pipes to be his best feature.

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 10 2008, 08:13 PM)
Omigosh, I've been waiting for a thread like this to happen my entire existence! So yeah, I'll get crackin' on that list then...

1. Between Sun and Moon, the part with Aahs. Especially the second time he sings each chorus where he goes a little higher... wub.gif

2. Mission. The entire song moves me, but I particularly love when he sings "For our visions of paradise..."

3. Xanadu, the entire thing. I've been a Rush fan my whole life, and Xanadu was always my favorite and the first one I learned by name. I can remember being three and asking my mom to play Xanadu as we drove in the car to my preschool. We actually listened to our copy of Exit Stage Left SO MUCH that it completely stopped working, that is, after 2 years of listening to it every single day.

4. The Stars Look Down. Pretty well the entire chorus does strange things to me. When I heard it the first time I literally choked on my own spit it was so beautiful. "What is the meaning OF THIIIIISS?"

5. One Little Victory. "The greatest act can beeee, one little victooorrreeee!"

6. Fly by Night. I've always loved that song, but my favorite bits is are "Star a new chapter, find what I'm after..." and the stuff that follows as well as "Quiet and pensive, my thoughts apprehensive..." and everything that comes after in that segment of the song.

7. Camera Eye. DEFINITELY. His voice is so clear and strong throughout the entire song, I can't help but get shivers!

8. Ceiling Unlimited. "Ceiling Unlimited, world so wiiiide..." Has anybody ever noticed how instead of "Wide" Geddy kind of throws in a few extra vowels so it comes out "Wi-eede?" Strange, but cool.

I also notice this a lot in Countdown where he says "Golden Fire" it becomes "Golden Fi-yah" and in Tom Sawyer the "er" in Sawyer magically disappears sometimes to become "Sawy-ee" Anybody else noticed this? Anyways, back to list.

9. Lakeside Park. Again, the entire song. I really love that "era" of his voice and adore listening to anything from that time period.

10. Roll the Bones. I normally go for the higher register stuff, but for some reason when he says "Roll the Bones" in almost a speaking tone between the "Why does it happen" and "Why are we here" bits.

11. Take Off. laugh.gif It's not a Rush song, but I always feel like someone drove a stake into my heart whenever I listen to it.

More as soon as I can think of them!

More for the list.

12. Available Light. The part where he sings "In the available light" almost sounds like a ray of light in itself, again, I coughed and clutched my hand to my heart the first time I heard it.

13. Passage to Bangkok."We're on a train to Bangkok...aboard the Thailand express..." is my favorite part, but the entire song really gets me.

14. Rivendell. "You feel there's something calling you, you're wanting to return..." Always makes me happy and calm, it's almost liquid in it's delivery, very smooth and self-assured.

15. 2112--Presentation. That entire segment of the song always makes me feel so happy and hopeful. I really enjoy how he says, "Sounds that build high like a mountain, or notes that fall geeeeentlyyy like rain..." wub.gif

16. Manhattan Project. "All the powers that be, and the course of history, would be CHANGED forever more!"

17. Prime Mover. "The POINT of the journey...iiiis not to arrive. Anything can happen." It's always been one of my favorite songs, and that bit makes it all the sweeter.

18. Second Nature. "Now I lay me down in dreamland..." I discovered this song on a beach in Hawaii where a felt as though i literally WAS in dreamland. It was a good song to end the day on, Rush had been my companions on the long, long flight and it almost seemed to me as though Geddy was saying "Now I lay YOU down in dreamland..." wub.gif

19. Earthshine. "You're still out of reach..." It sounds sad, but reflective at the same time. I like sad reflectiveness-ness. biggrin.gif

20. The Way the Wind Blows. "We can only go the way the wind blows, on a bare and weathered shore..." I don't know how he makes that sound so cool to me, but i really don't know how he makes ANYTHING sound as gorgeous as it does. Good thing I believe in the supernatural. wink.gif

I also really like it when he talks and says anything that ends in "out" or "ay" because the Canadian accent stands out. I've always had a strange attraction to Canadian accents.

Again, more as they come to mind...

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 11 2008, 10:52 PM)

I know!! wub.gif Geddy has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard in my life, and though he is no doubt an attractive man I still consider his pipes to be his best feature.

'Pipes'? unsure.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/BottomOo-er.jpg

QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 11 2008, 06:55 PM)

'Pipes'? unsure.gif

You know, voice, song, vocal chords. Uh, here's a dictionary entry I found on it.

7. pipes, Informal. the human vocal cords or the voice, esp. as used in singing.

Sorry if I confused you. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 11 2008, 03:55 PM)

'Pipes'? unsure.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/BottomOo-er.jpg

I LOLed.

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 12 2008, 01:10 AM)

'Pipes'? unsure.gif

You know, voice, song, vocal chords. Uh, here's a dictionary entry I found on it.

7. pipes, Informal. the human vocal cords or the voice, esp. as used in singing.

I apologise, I have terminal Double-Entendre-Disease..

QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 11 2008, 08:40 PM)

'Pipes'? unsure.gif

No problem, I get it. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm talking about! laugh.gif wink.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 12 2008, 03:58 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 11 2008, 08:40 PM)

'Pipes'? unsure.gif

No problem, I get it. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm talking about! laugh.gif wink.gif confused13.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif