All you Geddy lovers ;)

Cygnalschick

So I was driving home tonight listening to "Good News First", and there's this part where Geddy does something with his voice that I find VERY sexy. wub.gif wub.gif

Right before the guitar solo begins, the lyrics go:

"Time if nothing else will do its worst, so do me that favor and tell me the good news first...". You can hear how Ged recorded at least two vocal tracks here, and in one of them he's singing a much lower register than usual, and I LOVE that part!

Soooo.... my question is- are there any parts in OTHER songs that Geddy's voice just makes your hair almost stand on end??? tongue.gif I know there's gotta be.... yes.gif GeddyFinal.gif So please share trink39.gif

The very first thing that lept to my mind was my beloved Between Sun & Moon: "Ah, yes to yes..." etc wub.gif

And let's not forget Chemistry: "Eye to eye, reaction burning hotter" drool1.gif

The chorus of The Big Wheel does something to me as well. wub.gif

Nice topic! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

heart.gif GeddyFinal.gif bncegrn.gif

Oh god! I can find something drool-worthy about his voice in practically every Rush song drool1.gif

Ones that stand out the most:

Mission: "It's cold comfort, to the ones without it. To know how they struggled, how they suffered about it. <-- esp the italicized part!

Second Nature: Beginning of the song yes.gif

Animate: "Elevaaate meeee! Oh Ohh OHH!!" <-- last sung part of the song.

Face Up: "I get so angry, but I keep my mouth shut" esp. the first time he sings this.

Hand Over Fist:

You talk as we walk along

You never imagined I could be so wrong

Humming your favorite song

You know I've hated that song for so long

How can we ever agree?

Like the rest of the world

We grow farther apart

I swear you don't listen to me

Holding my hand to my heart

Holding my fist to my racing heart

annnd more!

I've said this before, but the real toe-curler for me is in Witch Hunt - his long wooaahh after "Confident their ways are best". That's done it for me since 1984, and never fails me.

And "And if love remains" in Bravado.

And pretty much every time he sings "me". Which is a bit weird. unsure.gif

Really, there are loads. blush4.gif

just about everything he sings makes me go weak at the knees tongue.gif

Animate, Armour and Sword ( the line ' no one gets to their heaven without a fight ), Spit it Out...list of swoon and norty thought inducing songs go on and on and on..... blush4.gif

The entire vocal performance of Distant Early Warning does funny things to me. The intensity and ever-so-slightly hysterical edge to it really gets me.

The Permanent Waves section of Natural Science. That vocal is so exuberant and grand. It gives me Geddy-love every time.

Lots of other stuff, too. Individual lines. Particularly when he goes high. "One little victo-REEEEEEEEEE! THE GREATEST ACT CAN BE!" I mean, oh, swoon.

I'll probably return with more.

In The Mood...

he sounds so playful and kind of "naughty"... it's such a flirty song wub.gif

Also reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyy love that bass... oh sweet mercy, the way he plays! drool1.gif And I'm with Jaye on Between Sun And Moon as well as Chemistry...

The end of Everyday Glory... the last time he sings "In a blaze Of everyday glory..." gives me a chill blush4.gif

Love love love Moving To Bohemia, too! drool1.gif blush4.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jan 18 2008, 01:25 AM)
So I was driving home tonight listening to "Good News First", and there's this part where Geddy does something with his voice that I find VERY sexy. wub.gif wub.gif

Right before the guitar solo begins, the lyrics go:

"Time if nothing else will do its worst, so do me that favor and tell me the good news first...". You can hear how Ged recorded at least two vocal tracks here, and in one of them he's singing a much lower register than usual, and I LOVE that part!

Soooo.... my question is- are there any parts in OTHER songs that Geddy's voice just makes your hair almost stand on end??? tongue.gif I know there's gotta be.... yes.gif GeddyFinal.gif So please share trink39.gif

LOL There was another thread kinda like this - the "O" Factor thread....ask Hare what that part of Good News First does to her....me, I love the verse lines - he sounds sinister...but sexy firedevil.gif

Another song that I get chills with is when he does the speaking part in Double Agent wub.gif

oooh....and the whispered overdub in the second chorus of Twilight Zone http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/f/faint.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 19 2008, 12:21 PM)
Another song that I get chills with is when he does the speaking part in Double Agent wub.gif

oooh....and the whispered overdub in the second chorus of Twilight Zone

Oh yeah, definitely these two come immediately to mind! Also in Nobody's Hero, the line "try to find the goodness in humanity." wub.gif

And in Good News First, the line "And I'm afraid enough for both of us

For me and you." b_sigh.gif

Oh yeah - in Alien Shore... "For you and me, sex..." (at which point I stop listening to the rest of the words... blush4.gif )

• Like 1

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Jan 19 2008, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 19 2008, 12:21 PM)

oooh....and the whispered overdub in the second chorus of Twilight Zone

Oh yeah, definitely these two come immediately to mind! Also in Nobody's Hero, the line "try to find the goodness in humanity." wub.gif

And in Good News First, the line "And I'm afraid enough for both of us

For me and you." b_sigh.gif

Oh yeah - in Alien Shore... "For you and me, sex..." (at which point I stop listening to the rest of the words... blush4.gif )

Omg Alien Shore.... drool1.gif

I have to agree about that line...its very hard not to say ' yes please' after it tongue.gif biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Wow, I guess I forgot about the many many other 'sexy Geddy vocal lines' tongue.gif Great responses!

Hey iluvgeddy05 --> I know exactly which part in Animate you're talking about, and I've gotta totally agree with you yes.gif wub.gif

hmm let's see. everything?

Bravado. the whole thing.

The Pass, again, the whole thing. it's nto as if you're al lalone, in wanting to explode. comforting lines!

how it is- 'foot upon the stair, shoulder to the wheel, you cn't tell yourself not to care, you can't tell yourself how to feel

vapor trail, the aiiiye ah aiiih, and , the hwole thing ,an, and.... all of Vapor tIL AND sPINDRIFET and loo khow exited im getting... and... and... just...everything <swoon>

Geddy has defined now what i like in a band. the singer must go all high pitched in a manly way, and prefferably be canadian.... James LaBrie! lol. i always liked that in a singer. i like a-ha, that morten hatchett. hehehe.

GEDDY!!!! wub.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 18 2008, 09:28 AM)
The very first thing that lept to my mind was my beloved Between Sun & Moon: "Ah, yes to yes..." etc wub.gif

Yes, that part where he's doing the 'ahhhs.' So fucken hot! I always sing along to songs, but I just have to stop and listen to him do that part by himself, I can't think of anything hotter.. sounding laugh.gif .

QUOTE (izzy @ Jan 22 2008, 11:04 PM)

Yes, that part where he's doing the 'ahhhs.' So fucken hot! I always sing along to songs, but I just have to stop and listen to him do that part by himself, I can't think of anything hotter.. sounding laugh.gif .

yes.gif

I was listening to Counterparts at work today, and I had to go over and listen to that part... wub.gif

tongue.gif

(but don't tell Richard... unsure.gif laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 22 2008, 06:14 PM)

yes.gif

I was listening to Counterparts at work today, and I had to go over and listen to that part... wub.gif

tongue.gif

I turned on Counterparts right now just to listen to it!

QUOTE (izzy @ Jan 22 2008, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 22 2008, 06:14 PM)

yes.gif

tongue.gif

I turned on Counterparts right now just to listen to it!

653.gif

AH just thought of this now because I'm listening to it... 2112!

The sleep is still in my eyes

The dream is still in my head

I heave a sigh and sadly smile

And lie awhile in bed....

I just think AWWWW he's so cute! I want to give him a hug when I hear that part, it's too damn cute.

QUOTE (izzy @ Jan 22 2008, 07:27 PM)
AH just thought of this now because I'm listening to it... 2112!

The sleep is still in my eyes
The dream is still in my head
I heave a sigh and sadly smile
And lie awhile in bed....

I just think AWWWW he's so cute! I want to give him a hug when I hear that part, it's too damn cute.

That's all you want to give him?? A hug?!? laugh.gif How 'bout a hug AND a kiss, and who knows what else! biggrin.gif

Yes, that is a good part yes.gif I was listening to High Water, off of Hold Your Fire, the other day. And at the end of the chorus, when he says "Take me home...." .... I love that part wub.gif I'm thinking "Yes Geddy, I'll take you home" biggrin.gif GeddyFinal.gif

OOOOOH, there are many, but the one that has always given me a chill down my spine is the end of Freewill...when Geddy hits that high note...

Each of us

A cell of awareness

Imperfect and incomplete

Genetic blends

With uncertain ends

On a fortune hunt

That's far too fleet...

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jan 25 2008, 01:41 PM)
OOOOOH, there are many, but the one that has always given me a chill down my spine is the end of Freewill...when Geddy hits that high note...

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That's far too fleet...

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Yeah, that is awesome yes.gif wub.gif smile.gif

Here's a good one:

Part IV; Armegeddon:

The Universe divided

As the Heart and Mind collided,

With the people left unguided

For so many troubled years.

In a cloud of doubts and fears,

Their world was torn asunder into hollow Hemispheres.

And the following verse, too.

His voice is so amazingly high, and not only does it signify some incredible skill-- it's just flipping hot!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Captain @ Jan 26 2008, 08:37 AM)
Here's a good one:

Part IV; Armegeddon:

The Universe divided
As the Heart and Mind collided,
With the people left unguided
For so many troubled years.
In a cloud of doubts and fears,
Their world was torn asunder into hollow Hemispheres.

And the following verse, too.

His voice is so amazingly high, and not only does it signify some incredible skill-- it's just flipping hot!

laugh.gif

Definitely all of Hemispheres wub.gif

In Part I Prelude there's the great line, "Every soul a battlefield" - so emotional and passionate. yes.gif

And my current favorite of all time, Circumstances:

All the same we take our chances

Laughed at by time

Tricked by circumstances

Plus ca change

Plus c'est la meme chose

The more that things change

The more they stay the same

Oh yeah... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif