Your average track legnth

The Owl

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 20 2009, 02:18 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 19 2009, 05:53 PM)
Wow.... I actually have a track time not only surpassing the five-minute mark, but nearing six minutes!  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

My average track time is.....

5 minutes, 42 seconds

....probably due to all the Rush and Yes I have (I have 1,613 Rush songs, and I bet about 1,300 of them are bootlegs  laugh.gif ; and I have 458 Yes songs.)

Very Prog!

laugh.gif Thanks!

I don't want to seem all kinds of cocky here, but I did let a friend look at the contents of my iPod recently, and she said that 'I' had the longest 'track length' she'd ever seen. She said that she had glanced at a number of iPods in her day and had never set her eyes on a track length quite as long and weighty as mine. I told her that it was constantly growing and that she should come back in a week or two and see how much more it had swollen. She blushed and thanked me, stated that she welcomed the invite, but warned me that if it grew any more voluminous, that I would need a back-up device to carry all the excess length. I agreed, and remained quitely thankful that she hadn't met up with any other Prog-men in her time. Because we all have way-above-average track lengths, and I'd only seem 'average' in comparison to the others.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Mar 22 2009, 03:17 PM)
I don't want to seem all kinds of cocky here, but I did let a friend look at the contents of my iPod recently, and she said that 'I' had the longest 'track length' she'd ever seen. She said that she had glanced at a number of iPods in her day and had never set her eyes on a track length quite as long and weighty as mine. I told her that it was constantly growing and that she should come back in a week or two and see how much more it had swollen. She blushed and thanked me, stated that she welcomed the invite, but warned me that if it grew any more voluminous, that I would need a back-up device to carry all the excess length. I agreed, and remained quitely thankful that she hadn't met up with any other Prog-men in her time. Because we all have way-above-average track lengths, and I'd only seem 'average' in comparison to the others.

z7shysterical.gif

Damn, Since I first posted this thread I've more than doubled my song count.....lets bump this and get the statistics again.

Right Now I am standing 8,212 Tracks on my iTunes Library, with a total runtime of 30 Days, 0 hours, 28 Minutes and 41 Seconds of runtime..... what's the average?

(After some calculations)

My Average Track Legnth is:

5 Min, 16 Sec

Average track length: 4 minutes, 57 seconds

1328 tracks

Shortest track: The Who - Boris The Spider (BBC Sessions Radio One Jingle Version) at a whopping 10 seconds

Longest track: Led Zeppelin - Dazed And Confused (How The West Was Won Live Version) at a paltry 25:25

I need me a copy of Thick As A Brick, Wish You Were Here and/or Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Beef up that average. tongue.gif

4 minutes, 25 seconds.

It's gone down a bit since last time, probably because I've been exploring genres other than prog.

Shortest track: Garth Brooks - Untitled (0:07)

Longest track: My Chemical Romance - My Chemical Romance Welcomes You to the Black Parade (39:28)

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jan 17 2008, 05:15 PM)
math sucks
and I'm a teacher:-)

Me too, an English teacher. This is way too much math for me. My itunes says 51.6 days. There are a lot of symphonies and Grateful Dead shows on there. I'm sure it is quite a bit longer than average.

I'll try to figure it out when I get home. My mp3 player is not an ipod so I'm not sure how easy this will be.

My guess is that I could easily be the highest average due to the fact that my mp3 player is primarily live jam band tunes. It's mostly Grateful Dead, Gov't Mule, Black Crowes, and Allman Brothers (plus a bunch of Rush and Zeppelin). Most songs live thus fall in the 5-20 minute time and I would guess the average would be about 9 minutes. Through in the studio tracks and I would have to guess that my average would be 7.5 minutes per tune.

Archived