Being a Housewife is EASY!!!

Milton Bridge

I am currently on garden leave from my old employer for the next few months so am currently a house husband.

Today so far I have

Taken kids to nursery

Cleaned Kitchen

Mopped floors down stairs

Vacuumed Upstairs

Fixed broken clothes rail in sons bedroom

Put all his clothes back up

Done some washing

general tidying up of toys etc

I have also played 18 holes of golf and now about to go to gym before picking kids up and then making dinner for my wife coming in from work.

Guys - don't let them kid you on - its EASY. tongue.gif

Golly, I guess it just ain't fer me then unsure.gif But then if you are not used to being at home yes I can see how that would be nice. It is for some people, I didn't like being stuck at home after about a year of it. I went absolutely stir crazy wacko.gif

Do it day in, day out with no day off. Sometimes at night too.

Do it after being up all night with a vomiting child. Do it all day with a vomiting or sick child. Do it while your vomiting or sick and still not take a break...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 16 2008, 04:41 PM)
Golly, I guess it just ain't fer me then unsure.gif But then if you are not used to being at home yes I can see how that would be nice. It is for some people, I didn't like being stuck at home after about a year of it. I went absolutely stir crazy wacko.gif

You are absolutely right - I am loving being off but has only been a week and a half.

I will probably be crazy by March / April when I can start working again.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 16 2008, 04:41 PM)

Do it after being up all night with a vomiting child. Do it all day with a vomiting or sick child. Do it while your vomiting or sick and still not take a break...

tongue.gif

Tomorrow might not be so easy when I have both kids most of the day.

But when you are on a roll..... biggrin.gif

Good for you, MB. applaudit.gif

I loved being a stay-at-home-mom when I had the chance. It's what I want to do most, in my heart. I would love being able to be home when my boys get home from school and do the whole Donna Reed/June Cleaver bit. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jan 16 2008, 03:37 PM)
I am currently on garden leave from my old employer for the next few months so am currently a house husband.

Today so far I have

Taken kids to nursery
Cleaned Kitchen
Mopped floors down stairs
Vacuumed Upstairs
Fixed broken clothes rail in sons bedroom
Put all his clothes back up
Done some washing
general tidying up of toys etc

I have also played 18 holes of golf and now about to go to gym before picking kids up and then making dinner for my wife coming in from work.

Guys - don't let them kid you on - its EASY. tongue.gif

Heyyyy...we could use someone like you around our house yes.gif

We'll even lift our feet when you come by with the vacuum. trink39.gif

Up until this past Dec. I was a stay at home Mom for almost 10 years, with a few night time odd jobs thrown in.

I'll give you credit never once in those ten years could I have found the time to play 18 holes of golf or gone to the gym. How'd you swing that? unsure.gif

If I got 1/8 of my daily list done I felt I had a great day. biggrin.gif

Nothing is more rewarding than having that time at home! ENJOY every second that you can! They grow up so fast and are out an about doing their own things.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 16 2008, 08:12 AM)

I'll give you credit never once in those ten years could I have found the time to play 18 holes of golf or gone to the gym. How'd you swing that? unsure.gif

spit6ph.gif

Golf? Swing? Get it? z7shysterical.gif

unsure.gif

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Jan 16 2008, 04:29 PM)
Id much rather work, thank you. yes.gif

woah!!!

Now you're starting something!!!

bolt.gif

I said you wanna be startin' somethin'

You got to be startin' somethin'

I said you wanna be startin' somethin'

You got to be startin' somethin'

^

^

don't ask why i added that

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Jan 16 2008, 10:29 AM)

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 16 2008, 11:34 AM)

eyesre4.gif

Now wait a second, you missunderstand my point. Im saying i would rather go off to a 8 to 5 job then stay home and do what i consider to be the real work. Being a housewife is not easy ! that is why i would rather go to work, its easier, and i mean that.

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Jan 16 2008, 10:37 AM)

eyesre4.gif

Now wait a second, you missunderstand my point. Im saying i would rather go off to a 8 to 5 job then stay home and do what i consider to be the real work. Being a housewife is not easy ! that is why i would rather go to work, its easier, and i mean that.

K.

If you see above, MHR interpreted it the same way...

Just a misunderstanding.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 16 2008, 04:52 PM)

eyesre4.gif

K.

Just a misunderstanding.

Let's beat his ass with a virtual broom...

or is that sexist? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jan 16 2008, 09:02 AM)

eyesre4.gif

K.

Just a misunderstanding.

Ohhhh, can I watch? Can I?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 16 2008, 05:03 PM)

eyesre4.gif

K.

Just a misunderstanding.

tongue.gif

oooh! Naughty girl! bd.gif

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Jan 16 2008, 11:37 AM)

eyesre4.gif

IM - If I could see ya I'd kiss ya... laugh.gif

...although these days my head is spinning on how working moms do it all! They need a few of these applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif and theses cheer.gif cheer.gif and these martini_shaken.gif martini_shaken.gif every day, several times a day!

I don't know if I'd say it was easy, but it's preferably to going to an 8-5 job everyday. I was out of work for about 4 1/2 months last year and was a house-husband. I enjoyed being home and getting things done, seeing the kids more, having time to cook.

There's always tons to do but it's less stressful, at least it was for me. If you make a mistake you can fix it, if you forget to do something there's always tomorrow. At an 8-5 job doing those things can get you in trouble, affect your pay raise at the end of the year or worse. At home you may have to go the next morning without milk, or have no clean underwear. If you are lazy one day you can make up for it the next day, not so at an 8-5 job.

If I could afford it comfortably I'd do it in a second.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 16 2008, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 16 2008, 08:12 AM)

I'll give you credit never once in those ten years could I have found the time to play 18 holes of golf or gone to the gym. How'd you swing that?  unsure.gif

spit6ph.gif

Golf? Swing? Get it? z7shysterical.gif

unsure.gif

rofl3.gif

Organisation and not stopping for a cup of coffee or chatting on the phone after each job tongue.gif

But seriously I would rather be at work and I do seriously appreciate women (mostly) who hold down full time jobs and organise a house

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 16 2008, 10:41 AM)

tongue.gif

Yup. I've got my 4 year old with me in the office today. Got about 3 hours of sleep last night after she vomited everywhere. When I get home tonight, I'll have about 5 loads of laundry to do (puked on sheets (3 sets), comforters (2), pillows (3), towels (5), clothes(3 different changes)). Then I'll have to steam clean the carpet, mop the bathroom floor, feed the kids dinner, clean up dinner, help her older two sisters with their homework, give 4 year old another bath (to get the vomit out of her hair), and then put them to bed.

Oh yeah, and her mother will probably be out at some bar tonight.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jan 16 2008, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 16 2008, 10:41 AM)
Do it day in, day out with no day off.  Sometimes at night too.

Do it after being up all night with a vomiting child.  Do it all day with a vomiting or sick child.  Do it while your vomiting or sick and still not take a break...

tongue.gif

Yup. I've got my 4 year old with me in the office today. Got about 3 hours of sleep last night after she vomited everywhere. When I get home tonight, I'll have about 5 loads of laundry to do (puked on sheets (3 sets), comforters (2), pillows (3), towels (5), clothes(3 different changes)). Then I'll have to steam clean the carpet, mop the bathroom floor, feed the kids dinner, clean up dinner, help her older two sisters with their homework, give 4 year old another bath (to get the vomit out of her hair), and then put them to bed.

Oh yeah, and her mother will probably be out at some bar tonight.

Respect mate.

When I fisrt became a parent it was the crap that I dreaded but that's easy - i hate puke!! 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jan 16 2008, 12:02 PM)

eyesre4.gif

K.

Just a misunderstanding.

YOU WANT A VIRTUAL PIECE OF ME ! 1287.gif

I actually spent a few months as a house husband and, I have to confess, I loved every minute (despite the time when I got 3 hours sleep between Friday and Monday because Mary had an ear infection.)

I was lucky, though, as my wife at the time generally started work about 11 so I was able to leave Mary (who was about 6 months old) with her while I took James to nursery. By the time I got back, she was ready to be fed which meant a nap straight after which gave me time to tidy up before going to pick James up again.

I consider myself lucky to have been able to spend that amount of time with my children while they were still so young. I often think that it has been a major factor in the fantastic relationship I enjoy with them.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jan 16 2008, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 16 2008, 05:03 PM)

eyesre4.gif

K.

Just a misunderstanding.

tongue.gif

oooh! Naughty girl! bd.gif

Oh behave ! (in my best Austin Powers voice) biggrin.gif

Archived