Moonraker's "Name That Rush Tune" #3

Moonraker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 17 2005, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 16 2005, 11:48 PM)
I knew someone would win this in one night. SEE EVERYONE, IT WAS EASY THIS TIME, tongue.gif

I love Rush.

But to be honest with you, I am not that knowledgeable on which songs are which and couldn't quote many lyrics.

When I first came here, someone challenged someone on whether they were a "true" Rush fan. If they could name the song the challenger was quoting lyrics from, then they were a "true" Rush fan.

I knew that this was a ridiculous statement on the behalf of the challenger, but it made me feel unwanted anyway. Or maybe not good enough.

I have kept my dirty little secret until now. For those of you who do not consider me a "true" Rush fan--- 19.gif

That is all.

In my eyes, a true Rush fan is someone who supports Rush. Buying their music, going to their concerts, staying loyal to them if they have an under par album or song, and loving their work. So what if you cant quote some of their lyrics? You love their music. That's a true Rush fan to me.

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 17 2005, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 17 2005, 01:27 PM)
I knew someone would win this in one night. SEE EVERYONE, IT WAS EASY THIS TIME, tongue.gif

I love Rush.

But to be honest with you, I am not that knowledgeable on which songs are which and couldn't quote many lyrics.

When I first came here, someone challenged someone on whether they were a "true" Rush fan. If they could name the song the challenger was quoting lyrics from, then they were a "true" Rush fan.

I knew that this was a ridiculous statement on the behalf of the challenger, but it made me feel unwanted anyway. Or maybe not good enough.

I have kept my dirty little secret until now. For those of you who do not consider me a "true" Rush fan--- 19.gif

That is all.

In my eyes, a true Rush fan is someone who supports Rush. Buying their music, going to their concerts, staying loyal to them if they have an under par album or song, and loving their work. So what if you cant quote some of their lyrics? You love their music. That's a true Rush fan to me.

Well said, RushGuru. yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 17 2005, 03:27 PM)

I love Rush.

That is all.

Oh you poor inadequate fool. And you dare still walk these halls? click on these forums? Read these posts?????

Out with you, I say - OH UNWORTHY ONE!!!!! 1287.gif

sarcasm.gif

-------------

Oh for cryin' out loud Dweezil..... of course you're a true Rush fan. More important, you're crazy enough to hang out with THIS lot - and usually bat us around a bit. HAHA

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 17 2005, 03:40 PM)
Thank you to everyone congratualting me.

More people should participate next time! There were only about 3 people guessing! It's not that hard from the other contests, as I have been told.

It helps if you get time to listen to the clips.

Sfuentes, the previous ones have gone on for weeks...in fact #2 went on so long, Moonraker was going to stop the contest and stop doing it altogether. There were only two or three people guessing then.

Moonraker, I don't know if you have read my previous post, but I think you should start the competition at a time that suits most of the people on the forum. Us in Britain have no chance of looking at something which commences at 3 o'clock in the morning our time. If this had started at 12.00 midday EST, then I am sure 95% of people could have seen this...including those on the West Coast (about 9am), and those in Britain (about 5pm).

I was really looking forward to this and the whole thing had started and finished before I'd even gotten out of bed.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 18 2005, 02:26 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/DSCN0123.jpg

Mailed out today trink39.gif

I WANT THEM!!! Hey RR, can I send you my addy and you can send me some too? smile.gif yes.gif

Sure man! All you have to do is win Moon's next clip contest! biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 18 2005, 03:36 PM)

I WANT THEM!!! Hey RR, can I send you my addy and you can send me some too? smile.gif yes.gif

Sure man! All you have to do is win Moon's next clip contest! biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif Is there any other way it could be arranged? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 03:38 PM)

icon_really_happy_guy.gif Is there any other way it could be arranged? biggrin.gif

no.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 18 2005, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 03:38 PM)

no.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Oh I bet there is, just give it some time RR. yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 18 2005, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 18 2005, 11:26 AM)

Excellent. Thanks, RR! trink39.gif

ohmy.gif

You lucky dawg!!!!! *greening with envy* biggrin.gif Congrats, Sfuentes.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 18 2005, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 18 2005, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 18 2005, 11:26 AM)

Excellent. Thanks, RR! trink39.gif

ohmy.gif

You lucky dawg!!!!! *greening with envy* biggrin.gif Congrats, Sfuentes.

biggrin.gif Thanks!

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jan 18 2005, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 18 2005, 12:26 PM)

drool1.gif

Very cool, RR.

um...when's the next game, Moon?

Once I get myself a little more situated in school. Isnt it funny how the first day is always the longest? I just spent 14 1/2 hours at school today ohmy.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 18 2005, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 17 2005, 03:40 PM)
Thank you to everyone congratualting me.

More people should participate next time! There were only about 3 people guessing! It's not that hard from the other contests, as I have been told.

It helps if you get time to listen to the clips.

Sfuentes, the previous ones have gone on for weeks...in fact #2 went on so long, Moonraker was going to stop the contest and stop doing it altogether. There were only two or three people guessing then.

Moonraker, I don't know if you have read my previous post, but I think you should start the competition at a time that suits most of the people on the forum. Us in Britain have no chance of looking at something which commences at 3 o'clock in the morning our time. If this had started at 12.00 midday EST, then I am sure 95% of people could have seen this...including those on the West Coast (about 9am), and those in Britain (about 5pm).

I was really looking forward to this and the whole thing had started and finished before I'd even gotten out of bed.

I would try that, but unfortunatly due to school and work, I am not ever home in the afternoon, not 1 day in the week. 7pm for the most part is pretty much the earliest that I am home on any given day it seems like its going to be.

Boohoo! I'm never the best at anything. I listened over... and over... and over... Then I had to go on vacation with NO access to a computer mad.gif And then Sfuentes had to answer it...

One thing more- when I saw the 9/10 correct posting, I also noticed that it was looking like the RIR set-up biggrin.gif