SHE GOT THE LEAD !!!!

ladirushfan80

Tryouts at my daughters High School for the spring musical production of ANNIE were held this week.

My youngest daughter, Amber tried out for the play on Monday.

Now she originally told me she wanted to try out for one of the orphan roles.

but she OWNED the try out on Monday!

call backs were on Wednesday, so she went back on Wednesday, and tried out for the lead role of ANNIE.

Again, she felt she OWNED that try out as well.

Found out today at school she got the lead !!!!!

bncegrn.gif

Pretty good I'd say for a Freshman. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ahhhh, but I'm the parent, I'm biased laugh.gif

It's a pretty big deal tho and she's VERY excited!

I'm pretty proud of the kid myself! yes.gif

Congrats Amber!!!!

wub.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 11 2008, 06:51 PM)
Tryouts at my daughters High School for the spring musical production of ANNIE were held this week.

My youngest daughter, Amber tried out for the play on Monday.

Now she originally told me she wanted to try out for one of the orphan roles.

but she OWNED the try out on Monday!

call backs were on Wednesday, so she went back on Wednesday, and tried out for the lead role of ANNIE.

Again, she felt she OWNED that try out as well.

Found out today at school she got the lead !!!!!
bncegrn.gif

Pretty good I'd say for a Freshman. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ahhhh, but I'm the parent, I'm biased laugh.gif

It's a pretty big deal tho and she's VERY excited!

I'm pretty proud of the kid myself! yes.gif

Congrats Amber!!!!
wub.gif

CONGRATULATIONS, AMBER! WAY TO GO! 653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif icon_alienjig.gif

That is awesome!!! applaudit.gif Is she a Thespian? I was in theatrics in High school too and had a lead role and in anotherone was the lead shoo bop girl laugh.gif She is going to have a blast!!!!!!! I hope she sticks it out with all the pressure because it is sooo much fun yes.gif I am so very excited for her 653.gif

This brings back memories. I went to every single play at my high school for about 4 years since my sister was in all the musicals. I'm not crazy about musicals, mind you, but I had to be there to show support. It was always really great to see her up on stage. Sadly, she never got a big part like this, although I can't even remember if she tried out for the big roles. I do remember that the kids that got the big parts were usually VERY TALENTED, so your daughter must have been stellar to get the part of Annie. It really is an amazing accomplishment and one very worthy of praise. yes.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif bncegrn.gif

Everyone in our kitchen is jumping up and down and cheering for Amber as I read the news. laugh.gif

JUST AWESOME!

CONGRATULATIONS AMBER!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

CONGRATULATIONS AMBER!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world. yes.gif

Even though the talent you have will get you

through with flying colors. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Ladi... wub.gif You have raised a lovely daughter.

Nice one - It's a hell of a role, with a shedload of lines to learn.

I actually played President Roosevelt in Annie in a local school production a few years ago. Easiest role I ever played, I just sat on a wheelchair and a poor 13 year old had to push me everywhere.

It was fine though, as I'm small, thin and very light.............NOT!!!!!

Congrats Amber!!!!

Thank you very much for your replies

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

all of the replies have been shown to Amber, and she appreciates all of the congrats you all have offerred.

she KNEW i would start a thread for her here, laugh.gif and altho she and her sister think i'm pretty wacko.gif when it comes to TRF and all that it has come to mean to me...

how could i NOT share such great news with all of my friends here, 'eh?

i know that the school usually records their play productions, so i *might* just fork out the $$ and buy their recording because my video taping skills are quite lacking... wink.gif plus, who knows where my video camera is living these days! laugh.gif i'll end up resorting to my trusty little digital camera for numerous 'kodak moments' and short vids of my girl!

not sure when tickets go on sale YET missy! laugh.gif we only just found out about her landing the part yesterday. There's a meeting on the 21st for we, the parental units whose children are in this play to discuss with us what all this production will entail. every day rehersals after school for probably the next 3 months i would imagine, with the show playing around the end of april, or first of may.

To answer your question LadyA, yes.gif Amber is very much a thespian. she was in every one of the plays at the middle school for the past three years. She is very much into acting and singing, and the arts as a whole.

thanks again ya'll for your felicitations ! again, you KNOW i'll keep you posted!!

hug2.gif to all!

~Ladi

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/TRF/ar2112/cheerleader.gif Way To Go Amber! http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/TRF/ar2112/cheerleader.gif

* I had a part in Annie MANY years ago(in grade 6) I was one of the orphans and had to sing "Its a hard knock life" * tongue.gif

Congratulations Amber~ that's a wonderful accomplishment. I know you will be a fabulous Annie, and Mom will take lots of pics for us.

Break a Leg, kiddo.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 12 2008, 10:03 PM)
Congratulations Amber~ that's a wonderful accomplishment. I know you will be a fabulous Annie, and Mom will take lots of pics for us.

Break a Leg, kiddo.

I completely agree with this sentiment. So much so, that I could have written it myself! wink.gif

WTG Amber!

Archived