Who's the worst singer you've ever heard?

Del_Duio

GRAHAM BONNET

Someone else who has heard of old 'Iron Lungs'. I'm a huge Bonnet fan.

I like 'Down to Earth' more than Dio era Rainbow. :P

Bonnet was known to be pretty sketchy live, but his 'studio' voice was great.

Huge range and hurricane force power. Too bad he looked more like an accountant than a rock star lol.

Confession: I bought the deluxe version of "Down To Earth" and I liked it a lot. I will also confess I like the Bonnet stuff on those MSG albums.

Carly Rae Jepsen's voice annoys the hell outta me. It's so high pitched and squeaky. I hate it when people have to use their middle name like that in their stage name. She might as well be Billy Ray Cyrus.

How about Stevie Ray Vaughn and Johnny Lee Hooker?

Even Stevie would say all the time in interviews that he hated his voice. I love his voice.

Jimi didn't care for his vocals either.

GRAHAM BONNET

Someone else who has heard of old 'Iron Lungs'. I'm a huge Bonnet fan.

I like 'Down to Earth' more than Dio era Rainbow. :P

Bonnet was known to be pretty sketchy live, but his 'studio' voice was great.

Huge range and hurricane force power. Too bad he looked more like an accountant than a rock star lol.

Love Bonnet. The Assault Attack album he did with Michael Schenker is fantastic.

Yes, ok I just confessed. MSG stuff is killer.

• Like 2

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

Mark Knopfler

James Labrie

I agree about Bob, Billy and James, but I'm a big Dire Straits fan. I love Mark's voice but his guitar playing is a lot better.

It fits the music but if you take his singing on its own it's not the best.

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

Mark Knopfler

James Labrie

I agree about Bob, Billy and James, but I'm a big Dire Straits fan. I love Mark's voice but his guitar playing is a lot better.

Have you heard "Love Over Gold?" It's one of my all time favorite albums on the Earth.

But yes, I totally get it. HIs vocals are not the best. His guitar for sure picks up the slack.

I saw the "On The Night" Tour at the Oakland Arena. Second row. Incredible show, but his vocals were not that good even live.

Alas, I adore Dire Straits.

• Like 1

Love Scorpions but Ulrich Roth's voice is awful.

My dad, whose favorite band is Scorpions, agrees with you!
  • Like 2

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

Mark Knopfler

James Labrie

Have you heard "Love Over Gold?" It's one of my all time favorite albums on the Earth.

But yes, I totally get it. HIs vocals are not the best. His guitar for sure picks up the slack.

I saw the "On The Night" Tour at the Oakland Arena. Second row. Incredible show, but his vocals were not that good even live.

I love Mark's voice, but he sings with such a lack of enthusiasm that it kills the buzz completely.

• Like 1

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

Mark Knopfler

James Labrie

I love Mark's voice, but he sings with such a lack of enthusiasm that it kills the buzz completely.

Yeah, that's a big part of it. Sounds like he's on too much Xanax.

• Like 1

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

Mark Knopfler

James Labrie

I think Mark's voice and his guitar style go really well together .. I love his guitar playing, and I can't imagine him having a different vocal style ... He is very laid back, but at the same time, intense

Mark gets the double thumbs up here

:LOL:

• Like 2

Live .

Bob Dylan

But I`d like to add

McCartney , Geddy and Ian Anderson over recent years have been hard work to watch live

Sorry :facepalm:

• Like 1

Bob Dylan

Billy Corgan

Mark Knopfler

James Labrie

Hilarious

• Like 1

Live .

Bob Dylan

But I`d like to add

McCartney , Geddy and Ian Anderson over recent years have been hard work to watch live

Sorry :facepalm:

I can't hold aging against a singer.

Are you kidding me? I saw Bob Dylan open for Aerosmith right out here by me in Concord. It was somewhere in the 90's.

I couldn't believe what I was listening too.

I respect Bob as a writer but Jesus Christ watching him live even back then I wanted to shove Neil Peart Promark 747 drumsticks into my earholes!

He was awful.

And some people on here hate Axl Rose's vocals. LOL!!!! GNR do a much better version of "Knocking On Heaven's Door!"

Just got my GNR tix for Oakland in November! 6th row center!

CAN'T WAIT!

• Like 1

I saw Ian on his last solo tour. It was when he was promoting men to get their prostate checked.

Saw him in SF.

He did both "Thick As A Brick" records.

I absolutely do not agree. Ian sounded GREAT!

I saw Sir Paul at AT&T several years ago. The guy was bloody brilliant.

Bob Dylan sounded like shit in the 60's. JMO

• Like 1

Ian only sang either half a song or in some cases was almost a backing singer for his backing singer

Very sad to watch

I still hold Tull as one of the best live bands back in the day

as much as i love AC/DC...... Bon Scott and Brian are (were) horrible singers. But it works for AC/DC and I love it.

Janis Joplin was a banshee but I do enjoy some of her music.

Micheal McDonald- sounds like he is singing with marhsmallows in his mouth. (and NO I do not listen to his music but I do know who he is and that motown crap he sings.)

Motown is not crap! Being born in Detroit, and growing up listening to it, I can attest to that. HOWEVER, it is a style that I will also testify that white people cannot emulate. Michael McDonald is one such singer, are there are plenty more.

Linda Ronstadt's Heat Wave? Please.

They're called the greatest rock and roll band, but the Stones' cover of Ain't to Proud to Beg? OMG.

Then there's the ultimate in ear bleach. "Reach Out" (I'll Be There), as caterwauled by the one, the only...

...Michael Bolton.

Edited by pjbear05

as much as i love AC/DC...... Bon Scott and Brian are (were) horrible singers. But it works for AC/DC and I love it.

Micheal McDonald- sounds like he is singing with marhsmallows in his mouth. (and NO I do not listen to his music but I do know who he is and that motown crap he sings.)

Motown is not crap! Being born in Detroit, and growing up listening to it, I can attest to that. HOWEVER, it is a style that I will also testify that white people cannot emulate. Michael McDonald is one such singer, are there are plenty more.

They're called the greatest rock and roll band, but the Stones' cover of Ain't to Proud to Beg? OMG.

Then there's the ultimate in ear bleach. "Reach Out" (I'll Be There), as caterwauled by the one, the only...

...Michael Bolton.

Saying white people cant play "Motown" or r&b is as ignorant as saying black people cant play quarterback. If you grow up listening to it and love it why can't anyone play it?

• Like 1

...Michael Bolton.

Saying white people cant play "Motown" or r&b is as ignorant as saying black people cant play quarterback. If you grow up listening to it and love it why can't anyone play it?

MHO. And I grew up to the music, listened to more of that the British Invasion bands. Know stories that most folks don't, like how Shop Around almost didn't get recorded, or that What's Goin' On didn't get released, or how we almost lost The Four Tops.

There's lots of good black quarterbacks, but whites singing Motown well? Nope.

Edited by pjbear05