TRF Post Levels and Icons

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Sweet list!

And what's the deal with "custom" member titles?

They're given out at random, usually when you've been here a while and have a bunch of posts. Absolutely no schedule for those, and they're suggested for you by another member.. An idea for a title pops up in someone's head and they relay it to a mod or admin.

• Like 2

Oh this is so exciting! Something I can work towards. I'm such a dork!

That's so funny though that I thought froind was a typo. I love learning new Rush facts. Thanks admins. for showing us newbies the way!

• Like 4

I do feel treeduck's >100k posts maybe justify a new title being added, if it can still be done.

That would be awesome!

It was always the plan to do more icons above 50k. We weren't sure if we were going to keep doing them every 10k or just do a 75k and a 100k one. Back in the day we thought 50k was a lofty goal that only the most insane dedicated posters would maybe reach, and we figured if someone did approach that level, we'd start making higher levels.

Mr. Not changed all that. Sorry to call him out by name (again), but the way he blew through the icon levels with his non-stop spamming made the idea of making new levels seem anticlimactic. All of a sudden he was at 50k, then 60k. He accumulated so many posts in such a short amount of time that him reaching 100k actually snuck up on us. And what sucks is other members who are approaching those high numbers with little to no spamming don't get the fun of reaching new post levels.

I've posted about this before so some of the veterans here will not be surprised to see me bringing it up again.

• Like 3

I do feel treeduck's >100k posts maybe justify a new title being added, if it can still be done.

That would be awesome!

It was always the plan to do more icons above 50k. We weren't sure if we were going to keep doing them every 10k or just do a 75k and a 100k one. Back in the day we thought 50k was a lofty goal that only the most insane dedicated posters would maybe reach, and we figured if someone did approach that level, we'd start making higher levels.

Mr. Not changed all that. Sorry to call him out by name (again), but the way he blew through the icon levels with his non-stop spamming made the idea of making new levels seem anticlimactic. All of a sudden he was at 50k, then 60k. He accumulated so many posts in such a short amount of time that him reaching 100k actually snuck up on us. And what sucks is other members who are approaching those high numbers with little to no spamming don't get the fun of reaching new post levels.

I've posted about this before so some of the veterans here will not be surprised to see me bringing it up again.

A compromise could be to create new levels and bifurcate the icons. If you reach it by spamming you get a new icon but it's based on a song from Presto or S&A and if you get there spam free your icon is based on one of the better albums.

More work to be sure but spammers would think twice before getting the mark of the beast.

• Like 1

That would be awesome!

A compromise could be to create new levels and bifurcate the icons. If you reach it by spamming you get a new icon but it's based on a song from Presto or S&A and if you get there spam free your icon is based on one of the better albums.

More work to be sure but spammers would think twice before getting the mark of the beast.

Haha, nice! The only problem is, the post icons are global settings based solely on post count, so you can't create different icons for different groups of members. 100k is 100k. Too bad. I rather like the idea of spammer-only icons like "Anaspam for Mongo" and "The Larger Bowl of Spam."

BTW, bonus points for "bifurcate." :D

• Like 2

That would be awesome!

Haha, nice! The only problem is, the post icons are global settings based solely on post count, so you can't create different icons for different groups of members. 100k is 100k. Too bad. I rather like the idea of spammer-only icons like "Anaspam for Mongo" and "The Larger Bowl of Spam."

Well personally I think it would be cool to add a 100k one in honor of treeduck. I think he worked his way up to it pretty organically.

That would be awesome!

Well personally I think it would be cool to add a 100k one in honor of treeduck. I think he worked his way up to it pretty organically.

Indeed.

It sucks, after Not cruised past 60K I stopped keeping track of our top posters' post counts. A big part of the fun was people anticipating the reveal of the new icon, especially since they weren't sure the number needed for the next one, and people spamming like mad from level to level made a mockery of the whole thing.

I had started on a new icon years ago before anyone reached 60k. Maybe I should finish it.

• Like 1

That would be awesome!

It's pretty hard to argue with that.

organic-fertilizer-02292016-min.jpg

I had started on a new icon years ago before anyone reached 60k. Maybe I should finish it.

Ok, here's the deal. I've finished that icon, and it will be the icon for 100,000 posts. Right now I've set it so Treeduck's next post will reveal it, and I will PM him to make that post in here.

I have TEMPORARILY lowered Mr. Not's post count to 100,300 posts, down from 103,000. As soon as Treeduck makes his post I will put Not's post count back up to where it was. I will then lower the post number requirement for that icon down to 100,000.

• Like 3

Ok, here's the deal. I've finished that icon, and it will be the icon for 100,000 posts. Right now I've set it so Treeduck's next post will reveal it, and I will PM him to make that post in here.

I have TEMPORARILY lowered Mr. Not's post count to 100,300 posts, down from 103,000. As soon as Treeduck makes his post I will put Not's post count back up to where it was. I will then lower the post number requirement for that icon down to 100,000.

Excitement! :D

• Like 2