Coheed & Cambria

The Dali

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 16 2010, 09:19 AM)
Still growing on me. I guess they have a unique concept of music/comic books/novels.

I read Coheed & Cambria are a husband and wife in the guys stories?

yep, and that's all I know about the story biggrin.gif

heh

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 15 2012, 06:06 PM)
Awesome 1022.gif

Beats most of the stuff from YOTBR

YOtBR beats NWFT by a long shot, and is up their with 2STB, IKSotSE3, and GAIaBSIV - All uniquely great and incomparable honestly.

NWFT is their only bad album, everything else is great.

Well, it's been out for a couple of days now... First thing I notice is this album is very short. I know it's a double album and the second part is to be released next year, but even then if the next album is about the same length then they easily could have trimmed this into one album. But hey, the more Coheed the better! That's just an observation.

Anyways, what do you think? It's still sinking in on my end.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I really enjoyed The Ascension: The Afterman. To be honest, I didn't really listened to too much Coheed and Cambria, but I respected what they're doing. I guess I was someone who was on the outside looking into getting into the band. I bought the album on day of release and thought I had nothing to lose. I'm proud to say that I like it so much, it has potential to be on my top albums of this year.

The entire band was at the NY Comic Con on Friday and I happened to be there as well, and managed to get my copy of the album signed by them. They were really nice lads, and I spoke a few words to Claudio on how I felt about the Livestream of their Webster Hall show on Thursday. Claudio also signed my Volume 2, Issue 1 of The Armory Wars which I bought for the occasion...I think it's good stuff, and can't wait to read more of it.

As a newcomer to Coheed and Cambria, which albums should I listen to next?

You MUST get In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth:3. It's their masterpiece (basically the C&C version of Moving Pictures) and really shows the band at their most pure before they veered a little more into classic rock territory with the GA's and beyond.

In order of what I would get:

In Keeping Secrets...

Good Apollo Volume 1

Second Stage Turbine Blade

Year Of The Black Rainbow

Good Apollo Volume 2

I absolutely love this band and Claudio Sanchez is a GENIUS!

I've written many Coheed Threads on here over the years. Nice to see this long thread!!

I saw Coheed open up for Maiden. They were absolutely awesome!!!!!!

The new album is FANTASTIC! Sanchez and Co. can do no wrong!!!

One of my all time favorite bands!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif