Coheed & Cambria

The Dali

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 20 2009, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 20 2009, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 18 2009, 07:11 PM)
bumper.gif

Just getting into this band myself, after a recommendation of some people that I work with. 

I've got their first 3 albums, and will be picking up the most recent pretty soon..

Claudio Sanchez's voice is a bit of an acquired taste, (it took me a while to get used to his voice) but the playing is there, and is really great.. 

I would really like to see this band live. (I missed Bonaroo, even though I live a half hour from where it takes place)

Claudio Sanchez's voice is a bit of an acquired taste. . .

He sounds like a little girl that got kicked in the balls.

LOL

but read that back to me and tell me what's wrong Jack! wink.gif

.........aside The music is great, and the vocalist has grown on me... I'd imagine Geddy's voice had to grow on alot of people as well.

but read that back to me and tell me what's wrong Jack!  wink.gif

I know that little girls don't have balls, dammit! laugh.gif How about a bit of comedic license?! But if they did have them and were to be kicked in them, then they would scream in exactly the same range that Sanchez "sings"!

OK, how about this: he sounds like Mickey Mouse huffing helium! Is that easier to wrap you mind around, Mister Pickypants?! laugh.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/CC.gif

That lady is Richard Pryor's daughter, Rain. I included her in the equation solely on the basis of her hairstyle which looks fantastic on her, but on Sanchez it just looks like ass.

Oh, and C&C's videos suck ass as well! A centaur in love with a mermaid?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! Are they trying to skew to the World of Warcraft/D&D demoigraphic?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 21 2009, 07:49 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/CC.gif

That lady is Richard Pryor's daughter, Rain. I included her in the equation solely on the basis of her hairstyle which looks fantastic on her, but on Sanchez it just looks like ass.

Oh, and C&C's videos suck ass as well! A centaur in love with a mermaid?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! Are they trying to skew to the World of Warcraft/D&D demoigraphic?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Big Coheed fan over here. It was actually a Statistics professor who got me into them last year, and I love it. "This is no beginniiiiing!"

QUOTE (tintedweed @ Sep 21 2009, 09:45 AM)
I tried but couldn't get in. I am not sure what but something didnt work well....... at all.

laugh.gif I understand completely.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 21 2009, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 20 2009, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 20 2009, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 18 2009, 07:11 PM)
bumper.gif

Just getting into this band myself, after a recommendation of some people that I work with. 

I've got their first 3 albums, and will be picking up the most recent pretty soon..

Claudio Sanchez's voice is a bit of an acquired taste, (it took me a while to get used to his voice) but the playing is there, and is really great.. 

I would really like to see this band live. (I missed Bonaroo, even though I live a half hour from where it takes place)

Claudio Sanchez's voice is a bit of an acquired taste. . .

He sounds like a little girl that got kicked in the balls.

LOL

but read that back to me and tell me what's wrong Jack! wink.gif

.........aside The music is great, and the vocalist has grown on me... I'd imagine Geddy's voice had to grow on alot of people as well.

but read that back to me and tell me what's wrong Jack!  wink.gif

I know that little girls don't have balls, dammit! laugh.gif How about a bit of comedic license?! But if they did have them and were to be kicked in them, then they would scream in exactly the same range that Sanchez "sings"!

OK, how about this: he sounds like Mickey Mouse huffing helium! Is that easier to wrap you mind around, Mister Pickypants?! laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I never said he had the best voice.... I admit I did not like it at first, but it grew on me...

But yeah, funny pic!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 21 2009, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (tintedweed @ Sep 21 2009, 09:45 AM)
I tried but couldn't get in. I am not sure what but something didnt work well....... at all.

laugh.gif I understand completely.

Same here

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 23 2009, 10:48 AM)
Just bumping this thread for the (now kind of old) news that there should be a new Coheed album sometime next year........and it will be a prequel to the amory wars saga.

so i've heard, i actually got to meet Mr. Claudio Sanchez himself last summer while he was promoting his "Kill Audio" comics. he was really cool. i got a lot of autographs including my copy of the Neverender, and the first Amory Wars Saga, which I gave to a friend. He was very humble and very cool. It was worth the two hour wait in line to see him.

QUOTE (udanax @ Oct 23 2009, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 23 2009, 10:48 AM)
Just bumping this thread for the (now kind of old) news that there should be a new Coheed album sometime next year........and it will be a prequel to the amory wars saga.

so i've heard, i actually got to meet Mr. Claudio Sanchez himself last summer while he was promoting his "Kill Audio" comics. he was really cool. i got a lot of autographs including my copy of the Neverender, and the first Amory Wars Saga, which I gave to a friend. He was very humble and very cool. It was worth the two hour wait in line to see him.

He was very humble and very cool.

While I don't care for his singing voice, I am compelled to acknowledge and salute Mr. Sanchez for being that way with his fans. It sounds like he's a terrific guy.

Can't wait for the new cd to come out. Claudio's voice just like Zakk Wylde you have to get used to it. Once it settles in there is no problems. The first couple C and C cds his voice was a bit higher pitched but he has brought it down to an acceptable level. They put on a very good live show and as stated CLaudio loves to engage the bands fans. Nice to see compared to a lot of other new bands and their aversion to this.

QUOTE (silver @ Dec 10 2009, 01:34 PM)
Can't wait for the new cd to come out. Claudio's voice just like Zakk Wylde you have to get used to it. Once it settles in there is no problems. The first couple C and C cds his voice was a bit higher pitched but he has brought it down to an acceptable level. They put on a very good live show and as stated CLaudio loves to engage the bands fans. Nice to see compared to a lot of other new bands and their aversion to this.

diddo! smile.gif

The cliche of hating Claudio's voice continues, yet "Half The World" hates Geddy Lee's high pitched vocals.

I know there are a lot of people on this Forum who hate C&C, and I beg to differ.

This band is incredible!

Claudio loves his white double neck guitar on "Welcome Home."

I never saw Alex play that sucker over his head like Mr. Sanchez. They guy is fukking off the charts brilliant.

I met Claudio down in Los Angeles at a signing at some toy store on Saturday afternoon before the fourth installment of the NEVERENDER.

As he signed my KILLAUDIO box I bent down and asked him if he liked RUSH.

He looked at me with a Cheshire grin and said, "HELL YEAH!"

I then told him that I was his oldest fan. He chuckled, shook my hand and Wendy and I bolted.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA RULE!

I will support this band until there is "NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW!"

Earl

QUOTE (silver @ Dec 10 2009, 11:34 AM)

"Jersey Devil" Rules!

Old Coheed and new Coheed. It doesn't matter to me. I love it all!

1022.gif wub.gif

Great news on Coheed! And April is not that far away..

So far the best album overall I think is "GAIBS4V1: From Fear through the Eyes of Madness". "GAIBSV2: No World for Tomorrow" had the best guitar work, but Vol.1 is a better overall album.

(at least the new album has a short title laugh.gif )

Looking forward to this release.

I was going to buy tickets to see them at Coachella on the 17th of April, but I have a water polo game.... Maybe it'll work out somehow, but I doubt it. Too bad they don't have any other concert listings in my area right now....

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 8 2010, 10:41 PM)
NEW SINGLE IS ON ITUNES!!!!!

The Broken 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

No way TG!! SWEET!!!!

When does the new album come out?

Hey! I am fukking insane!

I just bought a killer COHEED & COHEED snowboard!

The bottom of the board is white with the C&C logo.

On top it's autographed in silver pen by the boyz.

Damn I love this band!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

At least Claudio still uses his white double neck guitar!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 8 2010, 11:51 PM)

The Broken  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

No way TG!! SWEET!!!!

April 13! Can't come fast enough. Nice work on that snowboard 1022.gif boarder.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 9 2010, 05:57 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 8 2010, 11:51 PM)

The Broken  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

No way TG!! SWEET!!!!

April 13! Can't come fast enough. Nice work on that snowboard 1022.gif boarder.gif 1022.gif

LOL! Thanks bud!! That truly is the perfect smiley for that C&C snowboard!

Can't wait for April 13th! Then on April 14th I see MUSE!!

boarder.gif boarder.gif boarder.gif boarder.gif boarder.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif