A MESSAGE FROM THE TRF STAFF

Pags

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 14 2007, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Dec 14 2007, 05:53 PM)
We dropped the attendance dates at the bottom.  Time to gear up for the 2008 shows anyway!!!! wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Yours is a good example of a sig that is just barely too wide, based on the more popular screen res of 1024x768. It's not so bad on IE -- it just pushes the right edge out a little...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/ss_ie_sm.jpg

A little wider and you'd see a scroll bar at the bottom. Nobody like scroll bars at the bottom. tongue.gif

But on FireFox, that image on the right doesn't push the edge out, it gets bumped down to the next line, making your sig twice as tall...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/ss_ff_sm.jpg

The text above and below the images extend past the edge if the images...if they were moved in to be even with the edges, then no problem. For example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/FourTravelers_new.gif http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/StarCouplesm.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/TRFmeetup_new.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks for fixing the pics. for us.

BTW how do you make those screen shots?

Tortoise 1287.gif

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Dec 15 2007, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 14 2007, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Dec 14 2007, 05:53 PM)
We dropped the attendance dates at the bottom.  Time to gear up for the 2008 shows anyway!!!! wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Yours is a good example of a sig that is just barely too wide, based on the more popular screen res of 1024x768. It's not so bad on IE -- it just pushes the right edge out a little...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/ss_ie_sm.jpg

A little wider and you'd see a scroll bar at the bottom. Nobody like scroll bars at the bottom. tongue.gif

But on FireFox, that image on the right doesn't push the edge out, it gets bumped down to the next line, making your sig twice as tall...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/ss_ff_sm.jpg

The text above and below the images extend past the edge if the images...if they were moved in to be even with the edges, then no problem. For example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/FourTravelers_new.gif http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/StarCouplesm.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/TRFmeetup_new.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks for fixing the pics. for us.

BTW how do you make those screen shots?

Tortoise 1287.gif

To do screen shots all you have to do is press the "Print Scrn" (or maybe "PrtSc" or something similar) button on your keyboard - and then paste the image in photoshop or paint or whatever program and save it.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Dec 14 2007, 10:50 PM)
QUOTE (whitetrash @ Dec 14 2007, 08:57 PM)
wuts a sig?

is dat ware yoo got a dummy 4 a frind hoo's 2 stoopid 2 fit on 1 paje?

lik necmiser?

woohoo, hes dum!

i se wy yoo wanna trim his but, butt dat wont mak him inny SMATR!

goodpost.gif

neco suks.

HEY!

I thought I took away your internet connection!

How the hell did you get that back?

angry.gif

maybe evocative helped him out, 'eh?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 15 2007, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 15 2007, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 14 2007, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 14 2007, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 14 2007, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 14 2007, 06:59 PM)

The last time this happened, you said that if it didn't if it fit on the screen without having to double scroll past it, it was fine.  Now we have a new parameter.  Will it be even smaller next month? 

I've asked this before, who does this trivial shit hurt?  I'm sorry if I don't get it, because.... i don't.  I had dialup when I joined and only Boz's sig was a problem.  Since I have highspeed, NO ONE'S sig is a problem. 

Is it a bandwidth thing for the site?  Is it just people complaining?  I just don't understand the fuss honestly.

No, it won't be any smaller next month. The size restriction laid out by us today is the same exact size restriction we stated in the Sig Reclamation thread well over a year ago. It hasn't shrunk. We originally said that a sig should be no taller than the area beneath a post that has a single line of text. Just to confirm that, I found a post of mine from September of 2006:

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 3 2006, 11:38 PM)
...I removed my sig from the above post to illustrate how much space there is in a single post area. The avatar/map section to the left dictates that size. Can't get any smaller than that. No reason why we can't use that space for a sig, right? From now on, THAT'S how much space you guys have for sigs. The three sigs that have been changed in here all now fit within those guidelines.

Those of you who still have bigass sigs, see if you can rearrange the images and text like the three examples here. No, we're not going to measure every sig to within a pixel, but you get the idea.

I know this sounds like micromanaging, but you guys should be able to display your cool sigs without having to make people turn them ALL off in their CPs.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=653683

As you can see, we didn't lessen the allowed sig space from the last time. And why do we ask that the sigs be no bigger than that? For ALL the reasons you stated: loading time, the amount of scrolling needed to get to the next post, and people complaining.

Okay, load time i guess can be a pain in the ass. Never has for me, but I could see where it bothers people with time constraints or something. But scrolls? You're kidding right? I only said that as a joke. Please tell me that people honestly don't complain about SCROLLING?

Call me old I guess, but when interacting with anyone who was a fan of 2.gif meant waiting for a new tour, and getting new information meant waiting for a new issue of Hit Parader or Creem to come out, things like moving my finger a few more times to scroll a bit to the next post just doesn't seem that big of a deal, y'know?

And as for complainers... why not just take the same stance you have on the ads and tell the complainers to shut up? I mean really... isn't complaining actually harder to do than scroll a few times? But I guess you have to coddle some eh?

Not everybody has a fast internet connection. The bigger a sig is, the more time it takes to load for those with slow connections. Just trying to be fair. Keeping sigs to that size restriction helps a page load faster AND doesn't make scrolling down a page quite as annoying.

Yes, people have complained about sigs that are too big, and we didn't tell them to shut up because we agreed with them. We thought the huge sigs were annoying, too. And the ones with those big sigs didn't complain when we asked them to trim them down. Except for a select few, that is... Should we tell THEM to shut up? tongue.gif

so where do we go to complain about people complaining about people complaining confused13.gif

wait!...don't answer that! bolt.gif

If you have a complaint, please call 1-800-382-5633 and ask for Geds. Your comments are very important to us. Please hold and the next available representative will be with you shortly. Also, please note that the menu prompts have changed to better server you.

joker.gif

i want to know why i keep getting disconnected tho....

unsure.gif

i've tried that number over 10 times...

confused13.gif

I'm sure I will add some images back to mine at some point but I've stripped away all images and just left my MySpace link and my show list, so I should be in compliance now.

Late edit: I think I'll follow Rushbass's lead on hoped-for locations on the '08 leg. It's a relevant and current topic, but I'll take a slightly different approach.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 15 2007, 02:23 PM)

The last time this happened, you said that if it didn't if it fit on the screen without having to double scroll past it, it was fine.  Now we have a new parameter.  Will it be even smaller next month? 

I've asked this before, who does this trivial shit hurt?  I'm sorry if I don't get it, because.... i don't.  I had dialup when I joined and only Boz's sig was a problem.  Since I have highspeed, NO ONE'S sig is a problem. 

Is it a bandwidth thing for the site?  Is it just people complaining?  I just don't understand the fuss honestly.

No, it won't be any smaller next month. The size restriction laid out by us today is the same exact size restriction we stated in the Sig Reclamation thread well over a year ago. It hasn't shrunk. We originally said that a sig should be no taller than the area beneath a post that has a single line of text. Just to confirm that, I found a post of mine from September of 2006:

...I removed my sig from the above post to illustrate how much space there is in a single post area. The avatar/map section to the left dictates that size. Can't get any smaller than that. No reason why we can't use that space for a sig, right? From now on, THAT'S how much space you guys have for sigs. The three sigs that have been changed in here all now fit within those guidelines.

Those of you who still have bigass sigs, see if you can rearrange the images and text like the three examples here. No, we're not going to measure every sig to within a pixel, but you get the idea.

I know this sounds like micromanaging, but you guys should be able to display your cool sigs without having to make people turn them ALL off in their CPs.

As you can see, we didn't lessen the allowed sig space from the last time. And why do we ask that the sigs be no bigger than that? For ALL the reasons you stated: loading time, the amount of scrolling needed to get to the next post, and people complaining.

Okay, load time i guess can be a pain in the ass. Never has for me, but I could see where it bothers people with time constraints or something. But scrolls? You're kidding right? I only said that as a joke. Please tell me that people honestly don't complain about SCROLLING?

Call me old I guess, but when interacting with anyone who was a fan of 2.gif meant waiting for a new tour, and getting new information meant waiting for a new issue of Hit Parader or Creem to come out, things like moving my finger a few more times to scroll a bit to the next post just doesn't seem that big of a deal, y'know?

And as for complainers... why not just take the same stance you have on the ads and tell the complainers to shut up? I mean really... isn't complaining actually harder to do than scroll a few times? But I guess you have to coddle some eh?

Not everybody has a fast internet connection. The bigger a sig is, the more time it takes to load for those with slow connections. Just trying to be fair. Keeping sigs to that size restriction helps a page load faster AND doesn't make scrolling down a page quite as annoying.

Yes, people have complained about sigs that are too big, and we didn't tell them to shut up because we agreed with them. We thought the huge sigs were annoying, too. And the ones with those big sigs didn't complain when we asked them to trim them down. Except for a select few, that is... Should we tell THEM to shut up? tongue.gif

so where do we go to complain about people complaining about people complaining confused13.gif

If you have a complaint, please call 1-800-382-5633 and ask for Geds. Your comments are very important to us. Please hold and the next available representative will be with you shortly. Also, please note that the menu prompts have changed to better server you.

joker.gif

unsure.gif

confused13.gif

lol spell out the numbers biggrin.gif 1-800-xxx-xoff

QUOTE (skyswing @ Dec 15 2007, 01:29 PM)
I think I'll follow Rushbass's lead on hoped-for locations on the '08 leg. It's a relevant and current topic, but I'll take a slightly different approach.

Hey skyswing! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If they play any of those locations, I am there! New Orleans is a given, but any MS date(s) and or Memphis, and I am there too!

Hopefully we can meet up again at one of the shows! trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 15 2007, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 15 2007, 02:23 PM)

joker.gif

unsure.gif

confused13.gif

lol spell out the numbers biggrin.gif 1-800-xxx-xoff

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/duh.gif

ya don't say???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/_dieslaughing__by_brokenboulevard.gif

Alright, already, I'll try and trim mine, dammit! angry.gif

(Actually, I haven't figured out how to put pictures there. My sig line is an attempt to cover my ass that I don't know how to do it. tongue.gif )

QUOTE (pos @ Dec 15 2007, 04:41 PM)
Alright, already, I'll try and trim mine, dammit! angry.gif

(Actually, I haven't figured out how to put pictures there. My sig line is an attempt to cover my ass that I don't know how to do it. tongue.gif )

Nobody who uses the word "reclamation" around here should only have 176 posts.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 15 2007, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Dec 15 2007, 04:19 PM)
I thought this was supposed to be a message from TRF staff, and all I see is a post by Pags?

Pags is representin'. Yo.

Who the f*** is YO?

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 15 2007, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 14 2007, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 14 2007, 01:27 PM)

I would love to change the size of my sig but I don't know how.  It was a miracle that I was finally able to make a sig for myself instead of asking someone to do it for me (thanks CeeJ)  It is clear to those that know me on this board that I am computer challenged.

Here you go. Load these new ones into your Photobucket then go into your Control Panel and change your sig to the new pics. smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/geddyny1new.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/cpgeddy62new.jpg

Thanks 73 bekloppt.gif

Ugghhhh, it didn't work. Told me I did not have a jpg. code angry.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Dec 15 2007, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 15 2007, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Dec 15 2007, 04:19 PM)
I thought this was supposed to be a message from TRF staff, and all I see is a post by Pags?

Pags is representin'. Yo.

Who the f*** is YO?

Word.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 15 2007, 09:01 PM)

I would love to change the size of my sig but I don't know how.  It was a miracle that I was finally able to make a sig for myself instead of asking someone to do it for me (thanks CeeJ)  It is clear to those that know me on this board that I am computer challenged.

Here you go. Load these new ones into your Photobucket then go into your Control Panel and change your sig to the new pics. smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/geddyny1new.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/cpgeddy62new.jpg

Thanks 73 bekloppt.gif

Fixed it for you. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 15 2007, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 15 2007, 09:01 PM)

Thanks 73 bekloppt.gif

Fixed it for you. smile.gif

that looks great! nice work, GG! cosmo.gif

LUV those pics, NH wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 14 2007, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 14 2007, 03:43 PM)
I'm right at the limit......

Yep, it is. cool.gif

I used the "One lie of text...means that your signature should not extend lower than the "local time'".

Though I am thinking of doing a signature overhaul once I get the time. The userbars are growing a little stale on me. But I will not lose the Bobble heads!!!!!! They are here to stay. (As well as my badge)

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 15 2007, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (pos @ Dec 15 2007, 04:41 PM)
Alright, already, I'll try and trim mine, dammit!  angry.gif

(Actually, I haven't figured out how to put pictures there.  My sig line is an attempt to cover my ass that I don't know how to do it.  tongue.gif )

Nobody who uses the word "reclamation" around here should only have 176 posts.

laugh.gif

Gimme time, gimme time... I'm a slow starter. comp26.gif

Archived