I got carded at the bar last night

barney_rebel

Jeez, Barn, I'm jealous - what's your secret?

I haven't been carded in years, and I'm only early 30's .... Oops, I mean "Forever 29" !! It's depressing that I look older than I act!

doh.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 13 2005, 01:17 PM)
29 again!!! yes.gif

I prefer to say "29 Forever"

If you say AGAIN - people might try to count the agains (and again, and again.....)

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jan 13 2005, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 13 2005, 01:17 PM)
29 again!!! yes.gif

I prefer to say "29 Forever"

If you say AGAIN - people might try to count the agains (and again, and again.....)

laugh.gif

Either way the idea is to never say 30

I have a coffee mug that says:

"Admitting you're 30 isn't easy.

It takes courage.

It takes confidence.

It takes five or six years."

biggrin.gif

I got carded a few weeks ago. The waitress carded all of us. No one was under 30. I don't know how she thought I was under 21. I'm a pretty big guy with a greying beard. I go for my license which is behind my shield (I work for DHS). She saw it and became slightly indignant. "Well, I had to check", nods to my shield "you understand."

I said "actually, no."

QUOTE (furie @ Jan 13 2005, 09:40 PM)
I got carded a few weeks ago. The waitress carded all of us. No one was under 30. I don't know how she thought I was under 21. I'm a pretty big guy with a greying beard. I go for my license which is behind my shield (I work for DHS). She saw it and became slightly indignant. "Well, I had to check", nods to my shield "you understand."
I said "actually, no."

rofl3.gif

LOL, yeah it is weird.. IT's like the carding police have been sent out or something... I must have went 12-14 years without being carded, and recently it is happening all the time..!!! Sometimes it is flattering, but lately it is getting damn annoying!! I am 37 freaking years old!! In the past 15 years, I've gotten married, had 3 kids, changed jobs twice, and I drink a lot more now than ever before.... How the hell could I be looking younger?

confused13.gif wacko.gif confused13.gif wacko.gif confused13.gif wacko.gif confused13.gif wacko.gif confused13.gif wacko.gif

Every damn time I go to get a drink I get carded...pain in my arse... laugh.gif

Well ladies and gents and the rest of you....my secret I shall reveal..

as of the 1st anniversary of turning 29.... I have officiall decided to age backwards until I hit my favourite age...( I haven't yet sdecided what that is yet ) I've been doing it for a couple years and I really think It's working - don't you????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/Racinante.jpg

When I worked at a bar, years ago, I would deliberately card the old looking people, just for kicks. Some 60 year old guy would stare at me as if I was crazy, but I would insist upon ID confirmation that he was over 21.

Chalk it up to a twisted sense of humor. Hey, you old guys, don't flatter yourselves if you are carded. Could just be some bored ID checker amusing himself.

Edited by Closer to the Heart

Geez, I never get carded anymore. EVER. I'm only 37 for pete's sake. I see people that I think look my age get carded but when I step up to the plate, it's wham-bam thank you sir. It's so depressing. You know you're getting old when you want to get carded. It's really quite funny, as I'm sure most of us can remember hating to be carded. Now, I'm practically begging for it. Oh, well.

I remember when I was in college once, I saw a bearded guy around 30ish get carded at a 7-Eleven. He became irate, threatening to sue, and who knows what else. It was pretty funny, really. It's been awhile since I've been carded. I was probably in my late 20s the last time it happened. The graying at my temples scares them away, I guess.