It's 'Happening'

Jack Aubrey

Thanks to the nice people at Coming Soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/hr_The_Happening_poster.jpg

I ask: "will it be better then 'The Village' or 'Lady in the Water'?" And I answer: "it has to be". yes.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Dec 8 2007, 03:19 PM)
Shyamalan is great, I loved Lady in the Water. I think this is gonna be great as well. He's the best writer/director of the modern day.

Oh please...

What about Darren Aronofsky?

Peter Jackson?

Zach Braff???

Sorry M. Night, but you're overrated as shit.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Dec 8 2007, 04:33 PM)
The last two really sucked, but I think I'm one of five people that think Unbreakable is his best film.

Ditto.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 8 2007, 10:16 PM)
I havent seen those last two, but thought his other movies were great, so Im hoping this one is good. Looks intriguing....

Same.

I actually loved all of his movies (yes, including the IMHO hihgly underrated The Village) except for Lady in the Water. Lady in the Water, while imaginative, I definitely thought was a failure.

Here's how I rate his movies from best to worst:

1. The Sixth Sense

2. The Village

3. Unbreakable

4. Signs

5. Lady in the Water

Unless he really makes a string of bad movies, I'll see anything he comes up with, and this one looks cool. yes.gif

He's really one of the very few directors I'll see anything by without knowing anything about the movie or hearing any reviews. I also love Mark Wahlberg too, so I'm sure this'll be interesting...

Edited by rushgoober

I really enjoyed The 6th Sense and I liked Unbreakable and The Village. But hated Lady In The Water and disliked what I saw of Signs (only saw parts of it). Lady In The Water seemed sloppy and the story didn't run smoothly in my opinion. So for me it could go either way with this new flick of his

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 8 2007, 03:15 PM)

I ask: "will it be better then 'The Village' or 'Lady in the Water'?" And I answer: "it has to be". yes.gif

Thanks for posting this, Jack! I was wondering what he was up to next!

My favorite by Shyamalan was the Sixth Sense - - he did his homework for that film on so many different levels.

I'm impressed with this poster for The Happening. I like the way the ad cleverly alludes to previous films, "We've sensed it. We've seen the signs."

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Dec 8 2007, 08:29 PM)
Shyamalan is great, I loved Lady in the Water. I think this is gonna be great as well. He's the best writer/director of the modern day.

Oh please...

Peter Jackson?

Zach Braff???

PETER JACKSON???

Seriously MD... get off the pipe bro. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2007, 06:38 PM)

Oh please...

Peter Jackson?

Zach Braff???

PETER JACKSON???

Come on man, I'll admit most of his other stuff isn't so crazy... but just because you didn't like LOTR doesn't mean the movies weren't well written (er, well, "transferred"...) and directed. Those pan shots? Can you f***ing say epic?

Or perhaps you'd enjoy the blistering, intense camera angles of WWF reruns... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Dec 9 2007, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2007, 06:38 PM)

Oh please...

Peter Jackson?

Zach Braff???

PETER JACKSON???

Come on man, I'll admit most of his other stuff isn't so crazy... but just because you didn't like LOTR doesn't mean the movies weren't well written (er, well, "transferred"...) and directed. Those pan shots? Can you f***ing say epic?

Or perhaps you'd enjoy the blistering, intense camera angles of WWF reruns... tongue.gif

I can say epic just fine. I just don't associate it with anything he's done so far, regardless of how many mindless masses it sold to. Sowwy.

King Kong was the best thing he's done imo.

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Dec 9 2007, 03:50 PM)

I ask: "will it be better then 'The Village' or 'Lady in the Water'?" And I answer: "it has to be".  yes.gif

My favorite by Shyamalan was the Sixth Sense - - he did his homework for that film on so many different levels.

I'm impressed with this poster for The Happening. I like the way the ad cleverly alludes to previous films, "We've sensed it. We've seen the signs."

Hare biggrin.gif

I thought that was clever too!

QUOTE (owlswing @ Dec 10 2007, 06:19 AM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Dec 9 2007, 03:50 PM)

I ask: "will it be better then 'The Village' or 'Lady in the Water'?" And I answer: "it has to be".  yes.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

I thought that was clever too!

It's very clever, it's like he's trying to tie his previous movies together thematically somehow in the next one. I don't know if that's what he's really aiming for, or if so if he can really pull that off, but it's certainly enticing nonetheles...

Edited by rushgoober