The Monty Python Trivia Game

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter watches a ton of kids show that are made in Canada (they are some of the best out there!) but none of them have 'hosts' so I have no clue! confused13.gif The Wiggles are Aussie and the only ones I know of, or can think of at the moment, that are Canadian would be the Kratt brothers, so that's my very lame and certainly wrong guess... I'm gonna say Chris and Martin Kratt! sad.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 15 2005, 09:27 PM)
My daughter watches a ton of kids show that are made in Canada (they are some of the best out there!) but none of them have 'hosts' so I have no clue! confused13.gif The Wiggles are Aussie and the only ones I know of, or can think of at the moment, that are Canadian would be the Kratt brothers, so that's my very lame and certainly wrong guess... I'm gonna say Chris and Martin Kratt! sad.gif smile.gif

Nope. The one's I'm thinking of are from much earlier.

On second thought, I guess this question's a little hard for anyone who didn't grow up in ( or have kids who grew up in) Canada the late 80s/early 90s.

Here's a hint: There were 3 of them--a man and two women.

Fine, then:

It was Sharon, Lois & Bram.

They had a show called "The Elephant Show" on CBC and TVO in the 80s, and Bram did a cover of The Galaxy Song, altering the last line (of course).

Now for a new question:

In the String skit, which religious official does Mr Adrian Wapcaplet finally decide to place in the TV ad?

Thanks Magnus... great questions BTW, and tough too! I lived in Canada when I was young but that was in the mid 60's so I didn't have a clue on your first question. confused13.gif laugh.gif

Anyway, here's the next...

Who were the first two "Pythons" to work together (obviously, before they were Pythons!)? And if you care to, tell me what were they in together, and when?

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 27 2005, 10:35 AM)

It's obviously time for a hint:

These two fought each other in the Holy Grail.

Hint #2:

(Refering to hint #1)...

One surely bled to death, the other 'passed'

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 28 2005, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 27 2005, 10:35 AM)

It's obviously time for a hint:

These two fought each other in the Holy Grail.

Hint #2:

(Refering to hint #1)...

One surely bled to death, the other 'passed'

Hint #3:

Probably the "most famous" Python; and the only 'dead' one!

(The next hint, if there's one, will be the answer!)

Around 1960, Graham Chapman and John Cleese joined the The Footlights Revue, a comedy troupe of Cambridge University, where Cleese went to get his Law degree. (I'm not quite certain why Graham was there - probly to pick up chicks).

They also worked together on The Frost Report in 1965, but Footlights predates this.

Incidentally, I might mention I believe your clue was referring to the now infamous Black Knight scene.

Good day,

cool.gif

Schro

P.S. The cat lives! The cat lives!

Edited by Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 2 2005, 02:53 PM)
(I'm not quite certain why Graham was there - probly to pick up chicks).

I doubt that.

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 2 2005, 02:53 PM)
Around 1960, Graham Chapman and John Cleese joined the The Footlights Revue, a comedy troupe of Cambridge University, where Cleese went to get his Law degree. (I'm not quite certain why Graham was there - probly to pick up chicks).

They also worked together on The Frost Report in 1965, but Footlights predates this.

Incidentally, I might mention I believe your clue was referring to the now infamous Black Knight scene.

Good day,

cool.gif

Schro

P.S.  The cat lives!  The cat lives!

yes.gif

1962 it was, and the revue at Cambridge was called "Double Take"

Nice goin' Schro! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

(and it was the Black Knight scene in my hints!)

You're up!

Graham was probably there to trink38.gif trink39.gif cocktail.gif 'cause it surely wasn't the other!!! laugh.gif

The only think my poor old brain can think of is the cat being used to beat the rug in the 'Bring Out Ya Dead' scene and in the 'Giant Rabbit' scene you can hear a cat meowing in the background.

Im new to this by the way so be gentle. 2.gif

QUOTE (Stickman @ Mar 3 2005, 03:27 PM)
The only think my poor old brain can think of is the cat being used to beat the rug in the 'Bring Out Ya Dead' scene and in the 'Giant Rabbit' scene you can hear a cat meowing in the background.

Im new to this by the way so be gentle. 2.gif

You got it Stickman, good job!

Here's the quote I found:

There are subtle instances of cat abuse because this was set in the time of the bubonic plague. Cats were the friends of witches, who supposedly spread the plague, so as many cats as possible were slaughtered. People began keeping lap dogs because they thought that the plague would reach the animal first and not get to them. This was, in fact, partly true. The fleas that really spread the plague did bite the dogs and not the people.

You're up!!

cool.gif

Schro

Ok here's my first go at this,

During the rabbit building scene in 'Holy Grail' what modern sound can be heard coming from the woods?