The Monty Python Trivia Game

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 19 2005, 03:53 AM)
I haven't seen the TV series (yet), so the number is from "And now for something completely different", the movie. I was not aware that there were two different numbers, otherwise I wouldn't have posted that question.

That's cool - Maybe a new question might be the best thing, bercause I'm fairly sure 40 is the answer from the TV series, I haven't got "And now.....", so I've got no way of checking.

Well, I found this paragraph at the end of the "And Now for Something Completely Different" section of my Monty Python Encyclopedia while trying to find a movie transcript for the previous question and I thought it was interesting. It says that Terry Jones ran re-edit after re-edit in test screenings of that movie, and no matter what order he put the skits in, laughs tended to trail off at about the same time! He concluded that all people have a "Python threshhold" of only so many minutes. That could be a question...

Anyone want to guess (in 10 minute increments) how long the "Python threshold" is?

Well, guess not! confused13.gif

Terry Jones found that no matter what order he put the skits in, laughs tended to trail off at about 50 minutes every time and thus concluded all people have a 50 minute "Python threshhold."

Someone else want to ask a question next, I gotta get to work now! If not, I'll put one up later. smile.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 22 2005, 08:45 PM)
Nothing was-they were the same castle, just filmed at different angles.
If I'm right, someone else can take my turn-I've screwed up once already in this game pokey.gif

No you didn't - You had the right number from "And now for......" - The rest of us quoted the TV series, you didn't screw up - Python did by getting their own numbers mixed up biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .

OK - I'll go

From which film soundtrack album does this quote come?

"Oh, you turn me on when you're angry, you hairy brute, she now mysteriously concludes, shoving her sweetly throbbing tongue down my throat"

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 23 2005, 05:28 AM)
If I'm right, someone else can take my turn-I've screwed up once already in this game pokey.gif

No you didn't - You had the right number from "And now for......" - The rest of us quoted the TV series, you didn't screw up - Python did by getting their own numbers mixed up biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .

OK - I'll go

"Oh, you turn me on when you're angry, you hairy brute, she now mysteriously concludes, shoving her sweetly throbbing tongue down my throat"

Madra's right IA. You didn't screw up anything! Stay with us! wink.gif

Oh, this is one of my favs on vinyl. It would be from "The Album Of The Soundtrack Of The Trailer Of The Film Of Monty Python And The Holy Grail" and is the 'commentary' at the end of the "witch" sketch by the Proffesional Logician.

"Good evening. The last scene was interesting from the point of view of a

professional logician because it contained a number of logical fallacies;

that is, invalid propositional constructions and syllogistic forms, of the

type so often committed by my wife."

I just love it! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Mar 23 2005, 06:10 PM)

OK - I'll go

Oh, this is one of my favs on vinyl. It would be from "The Album Of The Soundtrack Of The Trailer Of The Film Of Monty Python And The Holy Grail" and is the 'commentary' at the end of the "witch" sketch by the Proffesional Logician.

Correct, of course

yes.gif yes.gif

This is an absolutely true story - I first picked up that album on vinyl in about '81 (I actually heard the record befoe seeing the film!!). In '82, I did philosophy in college, and logic was the first area wee studied.

One week in, we actually were told that "universal affirmatives are only partially convertible". I damn near wet myself.

That Christmas, I got 24/25 in my logic question in the end of term exams, my answer was based TOTALLY on that sketch. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 24 2005, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Mar 23 2005, 06:10 PM)

OK - I'll go

Correct, of course

yes.gif yes.gif

This is an absolutely true story - I first picked up that album on vinyl in about '81 (I actually heard the record befoe seeing the film!!). In '82, I did philosophy in college, and logic was the first area wee studied.

One week in, we actually were told that "universal affirmatives are only partially convertible". I damn near wet myself.

That Christmas, I got 24/25 in my logic question in the end of term exams, my answer was based TOTALLY on that sketch. biggrin.gif

That's classic Madra! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I love it when stuff like that happens! 653.gif

OK, here's a quick one:

What do the Spanish Inqusition have an almost fanatical devotion to?

QUOTE (Barchetta Unlimited @ Jan 7 2006, 02:53 AM)
A castle in Sardinia, but I don't know the exact address.

OMG, I thought this thread had died a horrible, horrible death. Yes you are correct! The next question is yours.

QUOTE (Sark @ Jan 7 2006, 09:07 AM)

OMG, I thought this thread had died a horrible, horrible death. Yes you are correct! The next question is yours.

ohmy.gif WOW! You mean this thread is still going??(Barely, I see laugh.gif ) AND I've got a post still on top of the "latest" page too (back from Mar '05)?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!

Of course, this is where you might expect to see an actual ANSWER to the question(s)... but that is where you'd be mistaken this time! tongue.gif Not a clue to either of these (although "The Royal Shakespeare Company" seems to jog something in my memory, but I just can't think of what! confused13.gif )

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Jan 21 2006, 07:19 AM)

ohmy.gif WOW! You mean this thread is still going??(Barely, I see laugh.gif ) AND I've got a post still on top of the "latest" page too (back from Mar '05)?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!

Of course, this is where you might expect to see an actual ANSWER to the question(s)... but that is where you'd be mistaken this time! tongue.gif Not a clue to either of these (although "The Royal Shakespeare Company" seems to jog something in my memory, but I just can't think of what! confused13.gif )

Yeah, I seem to recall having a Python cd in which they mention this. I'll have to dig it out. Oh, and yes Python trivia will not die! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Jan 21 2006, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Jan 21 2006, 07:19 AM)

Yeah, I seem to recall having a Python cd in which they mention this. I'll have to dig it out. Oh, and yes Python trivia will not die! laugh.gif

Good to hear, my 'Pythoneese' brother! wink.gif laugh.gif