Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Aug 18 2012, 12:51 AM)
WOW!!! I cannot wait.

I'm hesitant to get too thrilled for that teaser though. Dexter has been notorious with misleading the hell out of its viewers with clips like this. And this current mash-up could be edited together to make it seem WAY more crazy than it really is.

I get that but with Deb finding out about Dexter, everything now is going to fall apart in Dexter's world. It will be real hard for the writers to f**k up a storyline with this much potential. It's almost as if seasons 5 & 6 were just killing time until they got to the point where they were able to do what they've always wanted to do and that's Deb catching Dexter in the act and figuring out who he really is.

The show has an end point with season eight so I expect the next two seasons to be just as good as the first four were. The big storyline that everyone wanted to happen is finally here. No more wasting time and no more pointless bullshit like season five and no more hit and miss episodes like season six. It's time for this show to get back to what it used to be and there's no better story to take it there then the one they've got planned for this year.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 18 2012, 10:42 AM)
The only thing I know about Dexter is that he started out okay and ended up as a serial killer.

No sorry that is not true. Spoiler ahead for those who never seen show.

Like all serial killers he began having issues in his childhood and began partaking in killing of animals and having the urge to kill people. He suffered a VERY traumatic event as a very young toddler. The difference is his adoptive father who is a cop recognized the symptoms of him being a serial killer and helped him to harness these urges to murder(The Dark Passenger)and to only kill those who deserve to die (other murderers; especially those who escape justice due to technicalities in their trials even with evidence of guilt), and not ever innocent people (The Code).

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 19 2012, 12:03 AM)
The only thing I know about Dexter is that he started out okay and ended up as a serial killer.

Like all serial killers he began having issues in his childhood and began partaking in killing of animals and having the urge to kill people. He suffered a VERY traumatic event as a very young toddler. The difference is his adoptive father who is a cop recognized the symptoms of him being a serial killer and helped him to harness these urges to murder(The Dark Passenger)and to only kill those who deserve to die (other murderers; especially those who escape justice due to technicalities in their trials even with evidence of guilt), and not ever innocent people (The Code).

Gotcha...

How do you do a 'spoiler' in a post? Like you want to write something but want to hide it, and when someone clicks it they can find out what you wrote?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 18 2012, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 19 2012, 12:03 AM)

Gotcha...

How do you do a 'spoiler' in a post? Like you want to write something but want to hide it, and when someone clicks it they can find out what you wrote?

Well some people just change colour of text of the spoiler part and people can highlight it and read it...or in my case once they see word spoiler not to read any further tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Sep 30 2012, 07:59 PM)
Dammit, there's no way to watch it at the university. I'll have to buy it on Amazon tomorrow morning

There are other means you can go by and have the episode before that wink.gif

What a way to kick off the season ohmy.gif Easily the best episode they've had since season four.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 1 2012, 05:27 PM)
Most exciting Dexter episode since I can remember!

I like how they spit it right out in the first episode of the season. No 11 episodes spent beating around the bush waiting for Deb to find out the truth.

I don't know why but......meh.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 1 2012, 04:27 PM)

I like how they spit it right out in the first episode of the season. No 11 episodes spent beating around the bush waiting for Deb to find out the truth.

Wow no kidding! When I saw the trailer with that last scene I figured that it would take place at least halfway into the season...but BAM! I knew that Deb was too determined & dogged a cop to let this go.

Coolness.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 1 2012, 08:26 PM)

Wow no kidding! When I saw the trailer with that last scene I figured that it would take place at least halfway into the season...but BAM! I knew that Deb was too determined & dogged a cop to let this go.

Coolness.

Looks like Deb protecting Dex from LaGureta trying to reopen the Bay Harbor Butcher this season...

It's a relief that the Dex lying to Deb isn't gonna be protracted out for a whole season... though I wonder if this is gonna be a big plot thread this season, what will happen to make way for the next and more importantly Final season??

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 1 2012, 08:26 PM)

Coolness.

yes.gif

I think it's great they didn't bullshit around for half the season and got to Deb finding out right away. I thought we would have a few episodes before that happened. It's a much more interesting season ahead of us because Deb knows now.

Wow, there's so many things Dexter has to tell her now. Why he does it, Harry's code, the people he's killed and being the Bay Harbor Butcher. I don't think Deb will be able to handle all of this and by seasons end Dexter will either be arrested or they'll be on the hunt for him.

There's no doubt that Dexter's world is going in a downward sprial from this point forward.

Edited by J2112YYZ

My prediction is that Dexter is discovered by everyone at the end of the season... and will be "on the run" during the final season...

Don't know what will happen to Deb, I think she might die.

What about the antagonist this time? It's not really being discussed when in previous seasons it was the main focus for the first couple of episodes. It's the little gang associated with the strip club right? There's a change - not another psycho serial killer this time. Edited by Mr. IsNot

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Oct 12 2012, 02:25 PM)
What about the antagonist this time? It's not really being discussed when in previous seasons it was the main focus for the first couple of episodes. It's the little gang associated with the strip club right? There's a change - not another psycho serial killer this time.

I think like the Skinner in Season 3, these guys won't have much to do with Dexter for a while. Instead they'll focus more on Deb and all that fun stuff.

(Though I haven't seen the third episode yet so I may be wrong)

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Oct 12 2012, 01:25 PM)
What about the antagonist this time? It's not really being discussed when in previous seasons it was the main focus for the first couple of episodes. It's the little gang associated with the strip club right? There's a change - not another psycho serial killer this time.

I think it will be the gang most likely. It's also possible that the guy that got away last night could be Dexter's nemesis for the season. I know Dexter has taken down a couple of bigger guys before but this guy is in really good shape and it might be hard for Dexter to take him down easily.

I wouldn't mind if there really wasn't a season long foe for Dexter to take out this season. The story now between him and Deb is good enough to carry the season without Dexter having to fight an enemy.

I really didn't like the way Lewis was just killed off like that even though the asshole deserved everything he got. He didn't suffer for long enough after Dexter ruined everything for him. Dexter should've been the one to take him out for good. Other than that it was another great episode. Now that Deb knows everything and Dexter is being honest with her, it's made the show just about as interesting as it's ever been.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Oct 15 2012, 09:59 AM)

I think like the Skinner in Season 3, these guys won't have much to do with Dexter for a while. Instead they'll focus more on Deb and all that fun stuff.

Nevermind, I was completely wrong.

Though I do wonder how Louis ever came to be suspicious of Dexter, they never really explained that.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Oct 15 2012, 06:59 AM)

I haven't seen the third ep yet either... In fact, I'm about to watch it right now.

But first, I'm doing my regular internet routine, TRF, RT, FB... Wait, what's this [spoiler, ep 3]

http://i.imgur.com/wnkFd.png

What the f*ck!? How did they f**k up this badly? Did they seriously just spoil this on their main f***ing facebook page? What kind of morons are running this page, sheesh! I know I'm exaggerating way too much, I don't even care that much, but still... This is the official facebook page, how could they f**k over so many fans like this? Because they know they are. And how about saving this for the S7 DVD exclusively? It would give some sort of incentive for people to buy it in an age where pirating is the way...

In fact, I'm not angry at all... I've just been watching a lot of AVGN recently and felt like finding something to go off on for fun. Sorry. bekloppt.gif

Edited by Mr. IsNot

Louis wasn't "suspicious" of Dex just pissed at him for crapping on his video game. A bit of a red herring. Glad he's gone.

I don't think Spelzer (sp?) is The Big Bad this season but perhaps an epi or two foil for Double D (Deb & Dex): Deb sees them as the same, Dex obviously thinks he's not the same type of monster. Cool bit of character interplay going on between sis & bub. tongue.gif

Edited by theredtamasrule