Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 16 2010, 06:34 PM)
Wow. Just watched the most recent episode "Take It"...that was a great show. The scene with Dexter, Lumen & Cole was as compelling as it gets. Stiles and Hall are really bringing their A games (though I don't think a knife slips quite so easily out of a sternum).

And the end...WTF? I thought Dexter went out in the Atlantic to dispose of the bodies and I know of telephoto lenses but that's a bit of a stretch ain't it? That just confirms it: Robocop & Quinn are both friggin' dead. D-E-D! No way they live with that information.

I'm starting to think I see threads coming together about how Deb finds about about Dexter by the end of the season. Maybe.

This season has been uneven but is really cranking up the drama in the last few shows. Good stuff.

I didn't think about that when I saw Robocop taking photos of Dexter and Lumen disposing of the body but you're right about Dexter always taking the bodies way out to sea before getting rid of them. So getting pictures doesn't make sense unless he's got some sort of special state of the art camera that can see for miles and miles.

I'm thinking for whatever reason Dexter didn't go out to his normal drop off spot though. Which is strange because he always sticks to his killing/disposing routine.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 19 2010, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 16 2010, 06:34 PM)
Wow. Just watched the most recent episode "Take It"...that was a great show. The scene with Dexter, Lumen & Cole was as compelling as it gets. Stiles and Hall are really bringing their A games (though I don't think a knife slips quite so easily out of a sternum).

And the end...WTF? I thought Dexter went out in the Atlantic to dispose of the bodies and I know of telephoto lenses but that's a bit of a stretch ain't it? That just confirms it: Robocop & Quinn are both friggin' dead. D-E-D! No way they live with that information.

I'm starting to think I see threads coming together about how Deb finds about about Dexter by the end of the season. Maybe.

This season has been uneven but is really cranking up the drama in the last few shows. Good stuff.

I didn't think about that when I saw Robocop taking photos of Dexter and Lumen disposing of the body but you're right about Dexter always taking the bodies way out to sea before getting rid of them. So getting pictures doesn't make sense unless he's got some sort of special state of the art camera that can see for miles and miles.

I'm thinking for whatever reason Dexter didn't go out to his normal drop off spot though. Which is strange because he always sticks to his killing/disposing routine.

I don't recall exactly but now I'm thinking Robocop took those pics while they were loading the boat because I do remember one pic showing the luggage so that would make more sense.

I think Deb in therapy will be an interesting thread. Can't wait till the next one.

Robocop is squeezing Quinn too hard. I think Quinn will end up killing him, and in some weird turn of events Quinn and Dex will form an uneasy alliance of convenience. In the books Deb knows that Dex is a serial killer. According to an online source I read comparing the books to the series Deb "Actively encourages Dexter to use his powers"

With the way that Deb is claiming to feel unaffected by killing one of the Fuentes brothers, I think this is makes the possibility of Deb "Encouraging" Dexter an easy turn in the storyline.

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Nov 19 2010, 11:31 PM)
Robocop is squeezing Quinn too hard. I think Quinn will end up killing him, and in some weird turn of events Quinn and Dex will form an uneasy alliance of convenience. In the books Deb knows that Dex is a serial killer. According to an online source I read comparing the books to the series Deb "Actively encourages Dexter to use his powers"

With the way that Deb is claiming to feel unaffected by killing one of the Fuentes brothers, I think this is makes the possibility of Deb "Encouraging" Dexter an easy turn in the storyline.

Good idea. I didn't think about that one at all. There's only like four episodes left this season so they've got a lot of storyline advancement to put into a short period of time.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 21 2010, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Nov 19 2010, 11:31 PM)

Good idea. I didn't think about that one at all. There's only like four episodes left this season so they've got a lot of storyline advancement to put into a short period of time.

I can see Dex in the position where he needs to kill Robocop to protect himself with Quinn and Deb finding out or catching Dex in the act or something along those lines. Don't know how plausible that last part is but I think it's in the realm of possibilities.

Robocop clearly is finding out too much about both Dexter and Lumen, he's such a crude, nasty character you know most of us are pulling for his dome getting lopped off.

Like some others have been saying it looks like Deb will find out who Dexter really is by the end of the season. I wouldn't worry about the motivational speaker guy too much because Dex and Lumen will take him out.

Interesting way to bring Astor back as I wasn't expecting to see her for the rest of the season. At least her and Dexter seem to be getting back to talking and rebuilding their relationship. But why didn't they show Dexter going in and saying "hi" to Cody? That would've made for a nice moment.

Aslo, what Dexter did to the dad of Astor's friend was calssic. I think I would do the same thing if I was in that situation like that.

Great episode. This was a good way to reintroduce the kids back into the story somehow without it being a rehashed 'Dexter is a shitty parent' premise.

I think the theory that Quinn kills Robocop might be a solid one at this point. And as we've found out, any guest star on this show usually dies so I'm wondering how Lumen is going to be killed.

I think Quinn is going to kill Robocop, but before he's killed (Robocop that is), he will leave evidence of Dexter's true self to Deb, thus opening up the story for the next (and probably final) season. Quinn will get caught and go to prison, and maybe him and Dexter will bond over that somehow? I'm not seeing Dexter having the need to kill Quinn anymore at this point.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Nov 22 2010, 09:53 AM)
Great episode. This was a good way to reintroduce the kids back into the story somehow without it being a rehashed 'Dexter is a shitty parent' premise.

I think the theory that Quinn kills Robocop might be a solid one at this point. And as we've found out, any guest star on this show usually dies so I'm wondering how Lumen is going to be killed.

I think Quinn is going to kill Robocop, but before he's killed (Robocop that is), he will leave evidence of Dexter's true self to Deb, thus opening up the story for the next (and probably final) season. Quinn will get caught and go to prison, and maybe him and Dexter will bond over that somehow? I'm not seeing Dexter having the need to kill Quinn anymore at this point.

I think Deb is going to kill Robocop. Quinn has started to wash his hands of the Robocop so Robocop goes to Deb and Deb whacks him. This will happen in the season finale.

Sure, Jordan Chase is a dead man but who is this guy? How does know Harrison's name, how in hell did he know about Lumen. Intriguing. But yeah, he's dead.

Robocop...hmmm. He's going to Deb that's obvious but now that Deb's mad at Quinn will he work with Robo? Unlikely considering their last meeting.

There be twists a comin'.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 22 2010, 01:01 PM)
Sure, Jordan Chase is a dead man but who is this guy? How does know Harrison's name, how in hell did he know about Lumen. Intriguing. But yeah, he's dead.

Dexter told him about Harrison during one of their meetings and Jordan now knows Dexter is on to him because of the blood. Jordan knew Lumen was alive because of the first guy her and Dexter killed so he simply put two and two together when he called Dexters house and Lumen answered.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 22 2010, 04:13 PM)

Dexter told him about Harrison during one of their meetings and Jordan now knows Dexter is on to him because of the blood. Jordan knew Lumen was alive because of the first guy her and Dexter killed so he simply put two and two together when he called Dexters house and Lumen answered.

Oh well yes, once you connect the dots like that... tongue.gif

But last episode when Chase handed Dex that bag of goodies and he mentioned Harrison, Dexter made a face as if to say, "how the hell does he know my son's name?". I don't recall anyone mentioning da kid's name before.

Oh well, I'm am not good at all at predicting these kinda things but I can't wait until Sunday.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 22 2010, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 22 2010, 04:13 PM)

But last episode when Chase handed Dex that bag of goodies and he mentioned Harrison, Dexter made a face as if to say, "how the hell does he know my son's name?". I don't recall anyone mentioning da kid's name before.

Actually I had forgot about this. You are right, Chase must have had someone do some snooping in on Dexter ahead of time.

3 More episodes to go and I can't wait to see how it all pans out.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 22 2010, 08:51 AM)

Aslo, what Dexter did to the dad of Astor's friend was calssic. I think I would do the same thing if I was in that situation like that.

"What are you man some kind of psycho?"

" Not today, just a concerned parent"

Great scene! 1022.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 1 2010, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 26 2010, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 25 2010, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 25 2010, 11:12 AM)
Another good episode last night. I'm really starting to get the feeling that Dexter is gonna get caught this season.

They sure are laying it on to think that. Look at the promo where Dexter is in that room where everything is literally turning upside down, at the end of it he has a cut on his cheek like he gives to his victims. Makes me wonder. I doubt that he'd ever get caught though.

So, is Dexter going to have to end up killing Lumen? Dexter killing the light...dark passenger...get it?

Hate to gripe but I'm sick of the 45 minute episodes. Give me an hour or give me death!

I'm cool with whatever way they want to end it. I think it'll make a better story if he does get caught though. Every serial killer eventually does get caught at some point, except for the Zodiac and Jack The Ripper. This guy Quinn is hiring to look into Dexter is very intriguing. I think Quinn and this guy might be the first ones, besides Doaks that is, to find out who Dex really is.

I've thought about it a bit and if Dexter gets caught there's a whole season of storyline that you could devote to that. It can cover his arrest, trial and how it affects his relationship with Deb and the others who thought they knew him. It would make for some good television I think. Plus, Dexter won't have to pretend like he's normal anymore since everyone would know. That could make the character even more interesting.

I think Dexter and Lumen will partner up and Dexter will help her get her revenge. I could even see a romance between them down the line. I also think that Lumen will see Quinn and his buddy as a threat and kill them to protect Dexter since he wont do it because they are "innocent."

Just a couple of plot line guesses.

I called it.

What an awesome episode. Robocop has to go soon. I dont see how Deb Doesnt find out about dexter this season.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 28 2010, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 1 2010, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 26 2010, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 25 2010, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 25 2010, 11:12 AM)
Another good episode last night. I'm really starting to get the feeling that Dexter is gonna get caught this season.

They sure are laying it on to think that. Look at the promo where Dexter is in that room where everything is literally turning upside down, at the end of it he has a cut on his cheek like he gives to his victims. Makes me wonder. I doubt that he'd ever get caught though.

So, is Dexter going to have to end up killing Lumen? Dexter killing the light...dark passenger...get it?

Hate to gripe but I'm sick of the 45 minute episodes. Give me an hour or give me death!

I'm cool with whatever way they want to end it. I think it'll make a better story if he does get caught though. Every serial killer eventually does get caught at some point, except for the Zodiac and Jack The Ripper. This guy Quinn is hiring to look into Dexter is very intriguing. I think Quinn and this guy might be the first ones, besides Doaks that is, to find out who Dex really is.

I've thought about it a bit and if Dexter gets caught there's a whole season of storyline that you could devote to that. It can cover his arrest, trial and how it affects his relationship with Deb and the others who thought they knew him. It would make for some good television I think. Plus, Dexter won't have to pretend like he's normal anymore since everyone would know. That could make the character even more interesting.

I think Dexter and Lumen will partner up and Dexter will help her get her revenge. I could even see a romance between them down the line. I also think that Lumen will see Quinn and his buddy as a threat and kill them to protect Dexter since he wont do it because they are "innocent."

Just a couple of plot line guesses.

I called it.

What an awesome episode. Robocop has to go soon. I dont see how Deb Doesnt find out about dexter this season.

I'm betting Deb finds out in the season finale and they end the season on that note. Leaving us the long wait until next year to find out what happens next.

I Just started watching this show . I watched the 1st and second season. The best show right now. I wish Netflix would put the 3-5 season up. I am been pretty addicted to this show.. and I probably could watch all seasons in one sitting. It's so well written. I honestly didn't think I'd like it.

QUOTE (Victoria's Ladder @ Dec 3 2010, 02:31 AM)
I Just started watching this show . I watched the 1st and second season. The best show right now. I wish Netflix would put the 3-5 season up. I am been pretty addicted to this show.. and I probably could watch all seasons in one sitting. It's so well written. I honestly didn't think I'd like it.

Netflix got me caught up. This current season is the first season I ever watched as it happened. I started watching the show through netflix last summer and got caught up in time for the new season. Season 4 will blow your mind!!

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 3 2010, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (Victoria's Ladder @ Dec 3 2010, 02:31 AM)

Netflix got me caught up. This current season is the first season I ever watched as it happened. I started watching the show through netflix last summer and got caught up in time for the new season. Season 4 will blow your mind!!

and I thought the second season was extreme..