It SUCKS to be a Lions fan!

It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!) icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

Even Barry Sanders knew it was a sinking ship.

Can a fellow fan or two share my pain here? Even if you have another fave team. Maybe the Browns, or the Cardinals. Anyone? Anyone?

Awww, BSG, what a shame. I've been following the NFL since 1992/93 season, and I can't remember them having better than 0.500 record (am I wrong?)

I'd change to hockey mate, I'm a RedWings fan and have a Sergei Federov replica shirt wink.gif ....just look at the hall-of-famers there....Brendan Shanahan, Stevey 'Y', Chris Chelios (don't tell the Blackhawks fans tongue.gif ), Dominic Hasek.....I could go on.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 5 2005, 03:37 PM)
Awww, BSG, what a shame. I've been following the NFL since 1992/93 season, and I can't remember them having better than 0.500 record (am I wrong?)

I'd change to hockey mate, I'm a RedWings fan and have a Sergei Federov replica shirt wink.gif ....just look at the hall-of-famers there....Brendan Shanahan, Stevey 'Y', Chris Chelios (don't tell the Blackhawks fans tongue.gif ), Dominic Hasek.....I could go on.

Too bad we aren't going to have any hockey for a long time...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 5 2005, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 5 2005, 03:37 PM)

Too bad we aren't going to have any hockey for a long time...

Yeah (forgot about that)...shame really

Sorry, Can't help you out BSG. confused13.gif

In baseball I'm a pirates fan so I do know what you mean. But being a steelers fan, the worse year I ever seen them have was 5-11 One time. But I do know how ya feel since I'm a pirates fan.... all I do is hang in there and hope that next season is better, don't forget to stay loyal!!!!!!

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 5 2005, 10:16 PM)
In baseball I'm a pirates fan so I do know what you mean.

I know exactly what you mean about the Pirates. Its beginning to be the same way with the Penguins. Let me rephrase that. It IS that way with the Penguins.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 5 2005, 02:54 PM)
Hey B just be glad your not a Niner fan like I am...Man how the mighty has fallen.......

Yeah the Lions had a better year than the Niners. I've been a loyal fan of the Niners since '80. This year sucked rocks...I feel your pain BSG

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 5 2005, 07:52 PM)
Hey B just be glad your not a Niner fan like I am...Man how the mighty has fallen.......

Yeah the Lions had a better year than the Niners. I've been a loyal fan of the Niners since '80. This year sucked rocks...I feel your pain BSG

I was a 49er's fan when that Joe guy was there. After that I gave up even though Steve Young had a few good years. yes.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Jan 5 2005, 03:33 PM)
It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!) icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

Can a fellow fan or two share my pain here? Even if you have another fave team. Maybe the Browns, or the Cardinals. Anyone? Anyone?

It could be worse BSG you could be a Viking fan. A Team year after year who seem to have it all but always seem to choke or have disaster strike at the most inopportune times.Remember 4th and 25 on the last play of the game last year against Arizona to knock them out of the playoffs.Remember the chip shot field goal against Atlanta years back that cost them a trip to the super bowl,hell our kicker set a record for most consecutive field goals ( 2 years) until that one shanked left and what about the Hail Mary against Dallas, Stauback launched a brilliant career at our expense, the prevent defense was originated from that one play and i can only imagine what heartache will be bestowed upon us this sunday against the hated Packers.So see BSG it could be worse you could be cheering for the purple and gold this sunday. trink39.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 5 2005, 09:24 PM)
It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!)  icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

It could be worse BSG you could be a Viking fan. A Team year after year who seem to have it all but always seem to choke or have disaster strike at the most inopportune times.Remember 4th and 25 on the last play of the game last year against Arizona to knock them out of the playoffs.Remember the chip shot field goal against Atlanta years back that cost them a trip to the super bowl,hell our kicker set a record for most consecutive field goals ( 2 years) until that one shanked left and what about the Hail Mary against Dallas, Stauback launched a brilliant career at our expense, the prevent defense was originated from that one play and i can only imagine what heartache will be bestowed upon us this sunday against the hated Packers.So see BSG it could be worse you could be cheering for the purple and gold this sunday. trink39.gif yes.gif

Even worse... a Rams fan.

(Guilty as charged.)

confused13.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 6 2005, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 5 2005, 09:24 PM)
It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!)  icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

Even worse... a Rams fan.

(Guilty as charged.)

confused13.gif

The Rams have won a super bowl. Don't hang your head, theres worse out there.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 5 2005, 11:20 PM)

I was a 49er's fan when that Joe guy was there. After that I gave up even though Steve Young had a few good years. yes.gif

Steve was awesome though Joe was the man. Both were top guns in my book.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 6 2005, 02:16 AM)

Its funny you dont here of many 49er fans from the plunket era.

Besides you guys got 5 superbowls what r u bitchen about. confused13.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 6 2005, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 6 2005, 02:16 AM)

Its funny you dont here of many 49er fans from the plunket era.

Besides you guys got 5 superbowls what r u bitchen about. confused13.gif

You sound bitter there Mr. "0 for 4 in the SuperBowl" Vikings fan rofl3.gif 1287.gif pokey.gif

I feel your pain .

I been a New England fan my whole life ,even had season tickets once they went 1-15 and didn't win any games at home not even in the preseason.

The next year Kraft buys the team I drop the tickets then they bring in the Tuna.

Now I can't get a ticket unless I sell my girlfriend to a middle east oil tycoon and she won't go for that so I'm stuck.

But have faith stick it out it will turn around soon maybe next year.

you have a god set of runningbacks,a pair of nice wr's and a good Headcoach .

And a better record then seven other teams in the league.

Yeah the Pat's were crap in the early nineties, the change of logo and snazzy silver replacing white and dynamic logo for the helmet (intead of some guy looking like he was about to have a crap) seemed to coincide with the road to quick success....ironic that the same thing happened to the Buc's as they were equally as crap for even longer, changed their logo and made themselves 'mean-looking'...few years later Superbowl winners.

Just found the answer BSG - change the logo to a more mean looking Killer-Lion with some teeth! laugh.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 6 2005, 11:23 AM)
Detroit has a football team????? confused13.gif

And Arizona does I suppose....... rofl3.gif

...soon to be renamed the Arizona Budgies laugh.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 6 2005, 12:24 AM)

Hey fellow Vikes fan! I must admit, I do bleed purple and gold but they have sucked latley! I suppose backing into the playoffs is better than not being there at all. I just hope they can scrape up whatever they have left as far as team spirit goes. After all, they are playing the reviled green and gold at Lambeau field!

Archived