________ SHREDS!

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Hey! Furthermore check the Eddie video at 2:25 he taps out part of the intro to Spirit of Radio!

I know this because I am ashamed enough to admit when I was in high school my band played Spirit of Radio live but I wasn't good enough to play the opening correctly so I cheated with a tapping version instead. Sorry Alex! sad.gif

what am i watching? lip syncing gone bad or it is equipment / cabinet failure , or is everyone just that drunk?

EDIT: (ok, I get it after watching the Carlos Santana one....no one is that drunk ....had me crying..ha)

if you want to hear Alex bone dry (guitar direct output w/ no effects) in concert, find "Scanning a New Perspective" boot from 1992.

It's......umm....not...so.....good.......but interesting, worth a listen.

Edited by jdouglas

BTW, I don't know how I clicked here from the original link....but this is equally as awful....evil midgets meets qazimoto and Tarzan, meets David Lee Roth as George Washington, with ninjas!!?

Always loved the wreckless 90 sec guitar intro on this one, gets the blood pumping...

Hey Pete, speaking of Jake E. Lee.....

http://www.rainycitynights.com/band/digitalmen/imgs/pete1.jpg

Edited by jdouglas

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Nov 1 2007, 12:38 AM)
what am i watching? lip syncing gone bad or it is equipment / cabinet failure , or is everyone just that drunk?

if you want to hear Alex bone dry (guitar direct no effects) in concert, find "Scanning a New Perspective" boot from 1992.

It's...umm....not...so.....good.......but interesting, worth a listen.

You're watching jokes. Some YouTube guy dubbed bad playing over the real audio to make it seem like those bands/players were shitty musicians.

That Alex clip your referring to is fake, also. The originator of that clip was trying to get people to believe that he intercepted Alex's wireless signal straight from his guitar before it was processed through his amp and effects. The playing heard on that clip was extremely sloppy. It was bullshit -- no way that was Alex's playing.

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Nov 1 2007, 01:07 AM)
BTW, I don't know how I clicked here from the original link....but this is equally as awful....evil midgets meets qazimoto meets David Lee Roth as George Washington, with ninjas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcB-BRSnlf8

Always loved the wreckless 90 sec guitar intro on this one, gets the blood pumping...

Great, funny VH video. But what does this have to do with this thread?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 1 2007, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (jdouglas @ Nov 1 2007, 01:07 AM)
BTW, I don't know how I clicked here from the original link....but this is equally as awful....evil midgets meets qazimoto meets David Lee Roth as George Washington, with ninjas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcB-BRSnlf8

Great, funny VH video. But what does this have to do with this thread?

Nope. Nothing. It was linked to the Van Halen clip. Just thought it was odd. It's 2AM, so I'll blame it on that...

Yeah, that could be a phony bootleg, it's pretty sloppy..but seems to be recognized by collectors as legit. IDK? Who knows how bad he can sound under all that heavy delay and chorus on a bad night...everyone has bad nights..

http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/datab...ID=1721#artwork

Edited by jdouglas

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Oct 31 2007, 11:38 PM)
if you want to hear Alex bone dry (guitar direct output w/ no effects) in concert, find "Scanning a New Perspective" boot from 1992.

I've heard many people talk about that........is there a clip of it somewhere?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 2 2007, 11:32 PM)

WC, I clipped 30 secs of the begiining of Big Money and the solo, whatya think?

Is it Alex or is it Memorex?

Big Money

Edited by jdouglas

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Nov 4 2007, 12:00 PM)

Big Money

As opposed to the other clip I heard a while back, THIS clip could be Alex. The mistakes made here are minor. Alex was never a flawless player anyway, and his playing here is certainly respectable from a technical standpoint. The playing in the other clip was disgustingly bad...FAR worse than heard here.

In that other clip I heard (and no, I can't remember which song it was), I didn't hear any of the radio interference that I heard in this one. If you're intercepting a wireless signal from a long distance away it would make sense that you'd hear SOME interference.

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Nov 4 2007, 11:00 AM)

Big Money

Thanks..........I've actually heard that clip before, it could be Alex, it's hard to tell........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 4 2007, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (jdouglas @ Nov 4 2007, 11:00 AM)

Big Money

Thanks..........I've actually heard that clip before, it could be Alex, it's hard to tell........

Yeah, that's one of the cleaner songs....the guitar in a few songs, limelight etc, is not even in tune...and the timing is not sharp on many songs..

For some reason when he hits the volume knob on the guitar mid way in the solo in that clip, I think it could be him (i know it's in the song and anyone would do that, but it sounds a little reckless like he is playing live...idk..)

Yeah 1001001, this is actually one of the songs with little radio interference, others have much more, lil bit annoying.

anywho, I vote it's probably Alex on not his best night..(with an expensive pickup)..ha.

This is the alex we all know:

And so is this...ha