worst rush song ever released

bringer of balance

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 23 2008, 06:33 PM)
I'm really not digging the negative, derogatory nature of this thread, all Rush songs are good, are me and TheRocinanteKid the only ones who think this??

No you're not.

Recently I've realized that all Rush is good. Some just take more listens than others to really appreciate them. I know that Test For Echo is good but I'm still working on appreciating them. Doesn't mean they're bad.

I hate something for nothing, its terrible schla03.gif 062802puke_prv.gif fing.gif beathorse.gif spit6ph.gif

Dog Years or Virtuality

That fateful combo was responsible for me skipping the T4E tour. Who would have thought a bad album wouldn't be enough for a person to not see that show even with a full 2112 and (I didn't know at the time) return of Natural Science?

Honorable mentions:

War Paint - cheesy as most songs on Presto, so I'll leave them off this list

You Bet Your Life - as with most of RTB, so I'll just spare the space

Kid Gloves - sounds completely out of place with the dark tone of GUP

Nobody's Hero

Driven

Turn The Page

Ceiling Unlimited

Time Stand Still

Cinderella Man

Everyday Glory

Speed of Love

Alien Shore

I think it might be saying something when some songs get negative feedback from a lot of people, like Dog Years, Anagram, etc. I don't know if it's the songs as much as the "era" of Rush though. They do follow trends of the time a little bit, while putting their own spin on the music. But this has always been the case. I like almost every last Rush song, there are just a few I don't care for. However, what I feel like listening to just changes from time to time. I have heard a lot of music that I truly don't like, and I must say, there isn't a single Rush song that I wouldn't take over most other music in general.

Wish I could delete my post from two years ago. facepalm.gif

Anyways I still feel the same - there's not a Rush song where I'm like, "gee this sucks, time to skip it" or whatever. The three records that I rarely listen to are Vapor Trails, Test for Echo, and Rush, and I still like those records and the songs from them. I guess my least favorite, along with everyone else here, is "Anagram (for Mongo)". I like it, but at the same time there's nothing really special in it - well, except for the piano during the bridge. That's probably its one saving grace.

QUOTE (quickfree @ Jun 13 2010, 11:56 AM)
Dog Years or Virtuality

That fateful combo was responsible for me skipping the T4E tour. Who would have thought a bad album wouldn't be enough for a person to not see that show even with a full 2112 and (I didn't know at the time) return of Natural Science?

Honorable mentions:

War Paint - cheesy as most songs on Presto, so I'll leave them off this list
You Bet Your Life - as with most of RTB, so I'll just spare the space
Kid Gloves - sounds completely out of place with the dark tone of GUP
Nobody's Hero
Driven
Turn The Page
Ceiling Unlimited
Time Stand Still
Cinderella Man
Everyday Glory
Speed of Love
Alien Shore

facepalm.gif

No offense Dude, but that is a ridiculous list.

• Like 3

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Sep 5 2007, 03:21 PM)
superconductor has got to be the worst rush song ever. but then again, presto wasn't all that super either.

Agreed! Superconductor gets my vote.

Tai Shan

Superconductor (w/ embarrassing video)

Half the World

I would say Dog Years, but I have to believe the band had nothing to do with that one ever making it on the album