Your CD Collection

BearFrog

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 31 2007, 09:59 AM)
I cant believe you typed all that out.

It would take me weeks to type out a list of all my CDs.

I typed it out when I decided I finally needed to organize my CDs in alphabetical, then chronological order. I also update it each time I get new ones, so it's not that bad.

But, while my collection is large by teenage standards, it is puny when compared to most adult CD collections. unsure.gif

QUOTE (BearFrog @ Aug 31 2007, 11:01 AM)

I typed it out when I decided I finally needed to organize my CDs in alphabetical, then chronological order. I also update it each time I get new ones, so it's not that bad.

But, while my collection is large by teenage standards, it is puny when compared to most adult CD collections. unsure.gif

Its not about quantity its about quality. Aside from your very large Warrant collection I should say you are doing just fine.........

wink.gif

And since your new let me clue you in. I am full of Sh*t and cannot be taken seriously.

Welcome aboard. bekloppt.gif

Edited by thesweetscience

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 31 2007, 10:06 AM)

Its not about quantity its about quality. And aside from your very large Warrant collection I should say you are doing just fine.........

wink.gif

I know it's about quality, not quantity...That's why I have a large Warrant collection. tongue.gif

Dog Eat Dog= Brilliant Album

And I'm used to boards with good senses of humor. If I was on a stiff board I'd be in trouble. ^^

Edited by BearFrog

QUOTE (BearFrog @ Aug 31 2007, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 31 2007, 10:06 AM)

Its not about quantity its about quality. And aside from your very large Warrant collection I should say you are doing just fine.........

wink.gif

I know it's about quality, not quantity...That's why I have a large Warrant collection. tongue.gif

Dog Eat Dog= Brilliant Album

And I'm used to boards with good senses of humor. If I was on a stiff board I'd be in trouble. ^^

Fair Enough.

I can't believe you have "Songs in the Key of Springfiled"!

I have that too!!

Overall, I'd say there's some good stuff in that collection.

I stopped counting albums after the 2,000 mark, it would take me forever to list them, not to mention boring the pants off people!

You've got Aerosmith's Pandora's Box, nice collection. Is that the rectangular long box set or the re-issued square one?

I take it you're a Kiss fan? biggrin.gif

That's a lotta Kiss.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 31 2007, 10:16 AM)
I can't believe you have "Songs in the Key of Springfiled"!

I have that too!!

Overall, I'd say there's some good stuff in that collection.

The Simpsons show produced some cool tunes. cool.gif

And yeah, overall the collection is pretty good. There are some weaker discs (like the Metal Sludge disc), but overall I'm proud of my collection.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 31 2007, 10:30 AM)
I stopped counting albums after the 2,000 mark, it would take me forever to list them, not to mention boring the pants off people!

You've got Aerosmith's Pandora's Box, nice collection. Is that the rectangular long box set or the re-issued square one?

That's a lotta Kiss.

Rectangular box. http://209.85.12.234/7361/20/emo/emoticon20.gif

And yeah, I basically have the entire Kiss discography, on CD and vinyl record. There are a couple records I have that I don't have on CD (like Destroyer) but some CDs I don't have records of (like The Elder).

The only thing I'm really missing is Smashes, Thrashes & Hits which features 2 new songs, but I already have both. ph34r.gif

But that's not counting solo projects like Frehley's Comet and whatnot.

And yeah, I realize my lack of Zepp. I really do need to get Led Zeppelin III, at least for the sake of Out On The Tiles.

QUOTE (BearFrog @ Aug 31 2007, 03:38 PM)

That's a lotta Kiss.

And yeah, I basically have the entire Kiss discography, on CD and vinyl record. There are a couple records I have that I don't have on CD (like Destroyer) but some CDs I don't have records of (like The Elder).

The only thing I'm really missing is Smashes, Thrashes & Hits which features 2 new songs, but I already have both. ph34r.gif

And yeah, I realize my lack of Zepp. I really do need to get Led Zeppelin III, at least for the sake of Out On The Tiles.

Yeah, lots of Zep and Yes required.

Check out Aerosmith's Rock and Toys In The Attic. Done With Mirrors is probably their worst, funnily enough it was the first album of theirs I bought. Love The Reason A Dog, Shame On You, My Fist Your Face, the rest is poor.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 31 2007, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (BearFrog @ Aug 31 2007, 03:38 PM)

That's a lotta Kiss.

Yeah, lots of Zep and Yes required.

Check out Aerosmith's Rock and Toys In The Attic. Done With Mirrors is probably their worst, funnily enough it was the first album of theirs I bought. Love The Reason A Dog, Shame On You, My Fist Your Face, the rest is poor.

Got Rocks on vinyl record. http://209.85.12.234/7361/20/emo/emoticon20.gif

Jeez, at some point I have to update my cd collection. I used to have ALL of my discs listed on an excel spreadsheet and would update it regularly, but it's been a bit hard to keep up. I have a list that's probably 90-95% accurate, but is definitely missing a good 100-300 discs or so.

Sometime I'll have to update it by having a printed list and comparing it alongside my cd's, but that could take a good hour or so. I really should though, I like to have an accurate list in case I wanted to do any cdr trading or anything. Not like I'd indulge in those kind of activities, mind you. no.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 31 2007, 12:21 PM)

Morrissey
ALBUMS
1988 Viva Hate
1993 Beethoven Was Deaf
2005 Live at Earl's Court
2006 Ringleader of the Tormentors

My favorite Morrisey by along shot is Bona Drag. November spawned a monster, suedehead, everyday is like sunday etc. 1022.gif

Rush, Miles Davis , Circus Maximus, ACT, Marillion, Audioslave, Neal Morse, The Rolling Stones, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Dream Theater, Jorn, Masterplan, Porcupine Tree, Foo Fighters, Triumvirat, The Mars Volta, Serenity, Neil Young, King Crimson, Elton John, The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Cream, Edguy, Judas Priest, Rammstein, Rage, Mob Rules, The Darkness, Blind Guardian, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Electric Light Orchestra, A-Ha

i think thats about it.

Edited by mortkort

Hey Puppetking, I'm surprised to see how much our tastes align here since I usually am not familiar with some of the stuff you mention. Nice to see Digable Planets and A Tribe Called Quest on there. I don't think I'll ever like Bjork but I doubt you like The Sundays who I adore (Harriet Wheeler has a great voice). I've never listened to The Smiths but I may have to give them a chance....

****! Do you guys work in record stores or record companies by any chance? I mean seriously that is a huge list! Either that or you must be rich. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Sep 3 2007, 12:06 AM)
****! Do you guys work in record stores or record companies by any chance? I mean seriously that is a huge list! Either that or you must be rich. unsure.gif

CDR's are cheap these days..........

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 3 2007, 01:15 AM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Sep 3 2007, 12:06 AM)

CDR's are cheap these days..........

Yeah exactly.