Does Rush do drugs?

F22guy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (F22guy @ Aug 26 2007, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 26 2007, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (F22guy @ Aug 26 2007, 11:20 PM)
ya, I know, It really dosn't make a difference to me musically, either way they rock 1022.gif , but like I was all into Ayn Rand before I had even heard of Rush so I wanted to know if they had similar opinions...I am kinda invasive huh?

i was responding to a specific comment by a specific poster so why assume it has to do with you just because you started the topic? I did apologize in that post if it seemed like i was ranting, it's just i'm so "up to here" with overexposed celebrity shit and people (not saying anyone who posted on this topic) who think that's just how it should be, that we need to know every time they pop a zit or something. Again, sorry if I went overboard in interpreting a comment that was meant to express mild curiosity as something more. Like I said, it's just where my head was at at the time.

to those who don't care about this, I see your point and Ya Big Tree's point also about how it's a person's own business what they do to their body. But I think one reason people care about this is because of what a waste it would be if Rush were doing heavy drugs. I don't think they could have ever made it to where they are if they did and that would be proof enough against it and because IMO it just further shows what a class act they are that they didn't fall into that lifestyle. I don't mean that in a preachy way. I've cool10.gif myself. I don't know, I guess I'm failing at expressing what I mean here. Guess I'll just STFU now. smile.gif

I totally know what you mean dude, all the trivial Paris Hilton E News stuff really gets on my nerves

rrngal ain't no "dude."

In so far as hard drugs, I highly doubt it.

Probably from time-to-time they smoke weed. It might adversely interfere with what they are doing on tour or in the studio that they reserve it for "off times."

Also, they are in their 50's and have kids. They are probably more concerned with setting a good example rather than getting high.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 26 2007, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2007, 10:45 PM)
Does Rush fish?

laugh.gif Goob!! z7shysterical.gif

I would actually be very curious to find this out. Get 'em on Charlie Moore! I think it'd be fun to go fishing with them! trink39.gif

Well they are Canadian and as most of ya know, us Canadians have to fish for our dinner, eh. Then we all mosey on back to our igloos and stick our snowshoes outside so we don't track snow on our clean floors. tongue.gif

I think I remember seeing something with Rush on a fishing show, I think it was Alex fishing with someone, but I'm not sure.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2007, 09:45 PM)
Can Rush fly?  Do they have ANY superpowers?

I'm actually half-way thinking about actually starting a thread like that, now.

tempted.gif

I was suprised to see:

SPOLIER

the pot images on the screens suring the S&A tour. One thing to do it, write songs about it when you are 20, but to promote it now I was suprised...

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 26 2007, 10:49 PM)
Can someone post that pic of Alex with Chinese eyes? You know the one that looks like he is having a severe bout with hayfever......I know someone has it.......

I know the pic you are referring to, but isn't that Neil who looks Chinese? He's wearing one of those stupid hats.

^

I was surprised by that too. Seemed obvious to me what was up.

It's at least very well rumored that Al had a bit of a coke problem in the early 80's. Just check out the group picture in p/g.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 27 2007, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 26 2007, 10:49 PM)
Can someone post that pic of Alex with Chinese eyes? You know the one that looks like he is having a severe bout with hayfever......I know someone has it.......

I know the pic you are referring to, but isn't that Neil who looks Chinese? He's wearing one of those stupid hats.

There may be one of Neil, I'm not sure.........but there is one of Big Al too that looked like he just hit the bong hard.......I think it's even been posted here before.......I'll see if I can find it.

QUOTE (djb @ Aug 27 2007, 03:33 PM)
One thing to do it, write songs about it when you are 20, but to promote it now I was suprised...

It's just an image reflecting those times and that part of our culture.

Showing a picture of marijuana is not promoting it's use.

It may make some people in the audience drool, but I don't think anyone would find it objectionable at a Rush concert.

cool10.gif

smile.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 27 2007, 10:27 PM)
It's at least very well rumored that Al had a bit of a coke problem in the early 80's. Just check out the group picture in p/g.

yes.gif Anyone who would wear their hair like that had to be on coke.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 27 2007, 09:27 PM)
^
I was surprised by that too. Seemed obvious to me what was up.

Wasn't everybody high in the 70's up into the early 80's? rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Archived