Does Rush do drugs?

F22guy

That's really a good piece of writing there on Neil's part. It communicates clearly and firmly but also respectfully his position, and explains why without being condescending or confrontational.

I can totally understand Neil's feelings about this, and I respect him for always having made it clear what they are without making it personal to any individual or group, being phony, or being a jerk about it. People might not like the way he is, but at the end of the day he's a righteous guy who only asks for the same respect that he is willing to give others.

That is well okay in my book!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2007, 01:51 AM)
All of them are hardcore heroin addicts and have been off and on for about 3 decades. Alex and Geddy used to smoke crack for years, but mostly have stopped. Neil still does meth pretty regularly. All three of them sniff glue as well.

rofl3.gif cool10.gif rofl3.gif ph34r.gif yes this information is very true. that is why neil wears a hat on stage.

This thread is really funny. laugh.gif

Seriously who cares if they do them or not. The only thing that matters is if you like the music or not. What a person does to their own body is their own personal business and if they are doing them, then whatever cause they make great music and that's all that matters.

i have recently watched the R30 interviews, and from what neil says, they saw the way such a lifestyle affected people, as they opened for aerosmith back in the day- i suppose watching self destriction happen (i dotn know much about aerosmith but it didnt sound good) i think they relaised it would be a bad idea to follow that path.

Other threads that would also be of great interest:

Does Rush bowl?

How do Rush like their steak? Rare? Medium Rare? Done? Well Done?

Does Rush chew gum or use mints?

Does Rush floss regularly?

Does Neil use shampoo and conditioner every day (or does his hat wearing hide how he neglects his hair)?

Can Rush fly? Do they have ANY superpowers?

Does Rush fish?

Alright guys...I didn't want to know because I want to get all buddy-buddy with neil peart, I just wanted to confirm what I thought, I didnt think they would have done anything to hard, thats been confirmed.

Lay off a little

QUOTE (F22guy @ Aug 26 2007, 10:04 PM)
Alright guys...I didn't want to know because I want to get all buddy-buddy with neil peart, I just wanted to confirm what I thought, I didnt think they would have done anything to hard, thats been confirmed.

Lay off a little

Nothing's been confirmed.....people have stated their opinions, as you've asked.

Were just pickin on ya man! biggrin.gif

You are a newbie too so-welcome to the board!

I think this topic is funny, but I also really don't care, but find it interesting so-talk on people!

ya, I know, It really dosn't make a difference to me musically, either way they rock 1022.gif , but like I was all into Ayn Rand before I had even heard of Rush so I wanted to know if they had similar opinions...I am kinda invasive huh?

QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Aug 26 2007, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Aug 26 2007, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Aug 26 2007, 12:34 PM)
Well, on the presto tour, i know for a fact that geddy was smokin pot like none other, lol. As for as I know, Geddy dropped that. Neil I dont know anything about, and Alex I know nothing about. Right on man.  smile.gif  2.gif

How do you come by this information?

My dads best friend Mike was one of Geddy's rodies. HOW COOL!! smile.gif . He is also a friend of Geddy Lee, im meeting RUSH tonight, =) 653.gif 2.gif

ohmy.gif in a word - lucky!

Have fun!

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 26 2007, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Aug 26 2007, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Aug 26 2007, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Aug 26 2007, 12:34 PM)
Well, on the presto tour, i know for a fact that geddy was smokin pot like none other, lol. As for as I know, Geddy dropped that. Neil I dont know anything about, and Alex I know nothing about. Right on man.  smile.gif  2.gif

How do you come by this information?

My dads best friend Mike was one of Geddy's rodies. HOW COOL!! smile.gif . He is also a friend of Geddy Lee, im meeting RUSH tonight, =) 653.gif 2.gif

ohmy.gif in a word - lucky!

Have fun!

That is freaking awesome dude

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2007, 10:45 PM)
Does Rush fish?

laugh.gif Goob!! z7shysterical.gif

I would actually be very curious to find this out. Get 'em on Charlie Moore! I think it'd be fun to go fishing with them! trink39.gif

QUOTE (F22guy @ Aug 26 2007, 11:20 PM)
ya, I know, It really dosn't make a difference to me musically, either way they rock 1022.gif , but like I was all into Ayn Rand before I had even heard of Rush so I wanted to know if they had similar opinions...I am kinda invasive huh?

i was responding to a specific comment by a specific poster so why assume it has to do with you just because you started the topic? I did apologize in that post if it seemed like i was ranting, it's just i'm so "up to here" with overexposed celebrity shit and people (not saying anyone who posted on this topic) who think that's just how it should be, that we need to know every time they pop a zit or something. Again, sorry if I went overboard in interpreting a comment that was meant to express mild curiosity as something more. Like I said, it's just where my head was at at the time.

to those who don't care about this, I see your point and Ya Big Tree's point also about how it's a person's own business what they do to their body. But I think one reason people care about this is because of what a waste it would be if Rush were doing heavy drugs. I don't think they could have ever made it to where they are if they did and that would be proof enough against it and because IMO it just further shows what a class act they are that they didn't fall into that lifestyle. I don't mean that in a preachy way. I've cool10.gif myself. I don't know, I guess I'm failing at expressing what I mean here. Guess I'll just STFU now. smile.gif

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 26 2007, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (F22guy @ Aug 26 2007, 11:20 PM)

i was responding to a specific comment by a specific poster so why assume it has to do with you just because you started the topic? I did apologize in that post if it seemed like i was ranting, it's just i'm so "up to here" with overexposed celebrity shit and people (not saying anyone who posted on this topic) who think that's just how it should be, that we need to know every time they pop a zit or something. Again, sorry if I went overboard in interpreting a comment that was meant to express mild curiosity as something more. Like I said, it's just where my head was at at the time.

to those who don't care about this, I see your point and Ya Big Tree's point also about how it's a person's own business what they do to their body. But I think one reason people care about this is because of what a waste it would be if Rush were doing heavy drugs. I don't think they could have ever made it to where they are if they did and that would be proof enough against it and because IMO it just further shows what a class act they are that they didn't fall into that lifestyle. I don't mean that in a preachy way. I've cool10.gif myself. I don't know, I guess I'm failing at expressing what I mean here. Guess I'll just STFU now. smile.gif

I totally know what you mean dude, all the trivial Paris Hilton E News stuff really gets on my nerves

Archived