The Van Halen Thread

MakeHaste

Yes, they played Bottoms Up! last night.

It was a great setlist. Romeo Delight was blistering.

Diamond Dave is not the strongest live vocalist, but last night he really put the effort into it. Staying on his timing, no rambling or forgetting of lyrics. Several people told me it was far better than the Oakland show two nights before.

I had a great time, but I'm definitely paying for it this morning.

wacko.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 6 2012, 12:03 PM)

Diamond Dave is not the strongest live vocalist, but last night he really put the effort into it. Staying on his timing, no rambling or forgetting of lyrics. Several people told me it was far better than the Oakland show two nights before.

wacko.gif

Glad you had a grea time 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 6 2012, 10:15 AM)

wacko.gif

I really did. One of the best concert experiences of my life. They rocked loud and hard.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 6 2012, 12:28 PM)

wacko.gif

I really did. One of the best concert experiences of my life. They rocked loud and hard.

1022.gif

No prob's onstage between Ed and Roth right ?

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Jun 6 2012, 12:55 PM)
No probs at all. They were quite cordial and I'm sure it wasn't an act. The show was straight up, pure rock and roll. I'm feeling like a train rolled over me right now. wacko.gif

That's good, they way an old school vh show felt back in the day

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 6 2012, 12:29 PM)

wacko.gif

1022.gif

Were there any mention of them not getting along, or are you just talking about the hiatus and all of the speculation of in-fighting?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 6 2012, 10:29 AM)

wacko.gif

1022.gif

They were having a great time. Big bear hugs all around after the show was over.

I think they realized they nailed it.

And yes, I got hit by the same train PTD did: The Van Halen Express!!

1022.gif

BTW: The VIP thing was worth it, to me. Sitting in the first row watching the sound check was really cool. It was fun partying with everyone. Met some cool people. They had a raffle for a bunch of stuff including equipment used by Alex in LA. Free beer flowed, well....freely. Boy, two hours of unfettered access to Sierra Nevada can really hurt a guy...

laugh.gif

Our seats were perfect. My only complaint was the food. When we saw Roger Waters it was a full on dinner. This was snacks and paper plates.

Overall just a great, great night. I can't say enough how much fun it was and how excellent the show was.

yes.gif

Edited by Unattractive Truth

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 6 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 6 2012, 10:29 AM)

wacko.gif

1022.gif

They were having a great time. Big bear hugs all around after the show was over.

I think they realized they nailed it.

And yes, I got hit by the same train PTD did: The Van Halen Express!!

1022.gif

BTW: The VIP thing was worth it, to me. Sitting in the first row watching the sound check was really cool. It was fun partying with everyone. Met some cool people. They had a raffle for a bunch of stuff including equipment used by Alex in LA. Free beer flowed, well....freely. Boy, two hours of unfettered access to Sierra Nevada can really hurt a guy...

laugh.gif

Our seats were perfect. My only complaint was the food. When we saw Roger Waters it was a full on dinner. This was snacks and paper plates.

Overall just a great, great night. I can't say enough how much fun it was and how excellent the show was.

yes.gif

That is Great. Free Beer , if i would have know that laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 6 2012, 01:43 PM)

wacko.gif

1022.gif

Were there any mention of them not getting along, or are you just talking about the hiatus and all of the speculation of in-fighting?

Just the Bullshit when they first postponed the summer shows . I knew they were not having problems , it would have been all over the place since the start of the tour

wacko.gif

1022.gif

More clearly damning evidence from the other night to support Rolling Stones' top notch investigative journalism that recently reported that the tour was OVER because the band hates each other. Remember...that report that people were tripping over themselves to laugh about and say, "Ha, I told you so!!"

Man, if this photo doesn't convey complete disdain and anger brimming over, I'm not sure what does:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/303369_366166550114067_697976482_n.jpg

Buyer beware. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 6 2012, 05:23 PM)
More of the same from Sammy!!

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe...wsitemID=175056

It has to frustrate the HELL out of Sammy that Van Halen simply does not respond to anything he has to say about them. They've never commented on his book, his remarks about their new album...nothing. biggrin.gif The more he talks about the band, the funnier it gets. And he really didn't say anything negative in those quotes either, so I'm not harping on his content, but I am laughing about how desperate he seems for attention.

The man beats a dead horse like no one in rock.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 09:14 AM)

It has to frustrate the HELL out of Sammy that Van Halen simply does not respond to anything he has to say about them. They've never commented on his book, his remarks about their new album...nothing. biggrin.gif The more he talks about the band, the funnier it gets. And he really didn't say anything negative in those quotes either, so I'm not harping on his content, but I am laughing about how desperate he seems for attention.

This is sad. I can't understand why he would do this.

edit: Re-reading this, it sounds like Sammy is still hurt and can't get over it. I don't see it as jealousy. He misses the friend he thought he had in Eddie and Alex. I also think it speaks volumes that MA is not still with VH and with Sammy. Eddie is probably a bit psychologically unstable.

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 7 2012, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 09:14 AM)

This is sad. I can't understand why he would do this.

Because no one is interested in Chickenfoot enough to make that the MAIN topic of conversation, including Sammy himself. biggrin.gif It's the perfect analogy, so I'll repeat it...but Hagar is the guy who has a lovely wife, but can't stop talking about his ex. And because his ex is far more interesting and relatively important than his current wife, journalists encourage it. Why? Because Sammy talking about his former band is far more interesting than anything Chickenfoot is doing. If that weren't the case, everyone would be talking about Chickenfoot. But they're not. And that's unfortunate if you're a fan of that band or even in that band, for that matter.

The reality is that Sammy will forever be known as that guy who used to be in Van Halen. No Waborita and CF stuff will ever even rise above the ankles of the band he was in for 10 years before the things he does now. And he's rich and successful, so he's set for life in a great way, so more power to him. But he's still Van Halen's ex-lead singer and his legacy is about 95% tied to that.

Well that makes perfect sense with MA and Wolfie.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 06:14 AM)

^^ agreed! The latest I read today is he wants an apology from Eddie, ain't gonna happen! If he is so happy (as he said) with his new band, then let the past go and stop harping about VH!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 05:59 AM)

wacko.gif

1022.gif

More clearly damning evidence from the other night to support Rolling Stones' top notch investigative journalism that recently reported that the tour was OVER because the band hates each other. Remember...that report that people were tripping over themselves to laugh about and say, "Ha, I told you so!!"

Man, if this photo doesn't convey complete disdain and anger brimming over, I'm not sure what does:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/303369_366166550114067_697976482_n.jpg

Buyer beware. biggrin.gif

That camraderie and just having fun was what I saw here in Denver too. I wish people would stop talking about fighting going on within the band...I just don't think it's true! confused13.gif

Sammy should give fans an apology for Chickenfoot , and then go away forever and count his money

Here's a couple more pictures. I wish I had brought a real camera instead of my iPhone, but you get the idea....

Here's one of Kool and the Gang.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012028.jpg

Eddie's solo

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012091.jpg

Diamond Dave, your Ice Cream Man!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012087.jpg

1022.gif

I can't stand this guy...Hipster prick

Even though I agree with his sentiments, he's a f*ckin hack who shouldn't be commenting on legends like sabbath and V.H

Black Keys Drummer: Van Halen's 'F---ing Retarded'

The Huffington Post, June 22, 2012 | 6:05:27 PM (EST)

Today in rough quotes: The Black Key's Patrick Carney told Rolling Stone that it was "f---ing retarded" of Van Halen to replace Michael Anthony with Eddie Van Halen's son.

Here's the full quote:

What bands will you be checking out at Lollapalooza? I love Black Sabbath, but I don't know if I'd want to watch Black Sabbath without Bill Ward. The band is Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and Ozzy. I have no interest in seeing bands with partial lineups. I just saw Van Halen without Michael Anthony. I'm not a very big Van Halen fan but it was such a f---ing bummer. Like what the f--k is the point?

Yeah, definitely.

I mean, sure, Eddie Van Halen's son is a pretty good bass player and he's a 20-year-old kid and that's cool, but like, what the f--k is that? That's f---ing retarded. If someone is able to be in a band for 30 years and then people are okay with replacing him with a 17-year-old, they're obviously motherf---ing assholes, right?

It's typical stuff for Carney, who goes out of his way to bash Nickelback in a number of interviews. It's always refreshing to see a rocker who's outspoken, but one has to wonder if Carney's perpetually frowny disposition is starting feel like authentic and more like a meme.

Edited by Xanadoood