The Van Halen Thread

MakeHaste

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 28 2012, 07:32 AM)
I wanna know when those dates are gunna be rescheduled

I wonder the same thing. I have my money tied up in tickets to a postponed show. I prefer to hold onto the tickets if they will play here in a rescheduled show. But, if no make up show, it would be nice to know soon so I can get my refund.

YEah,

I usually have one on the way to the show (along with herbal remedies) then one when i get there and that's it. Getting bombed is more appropriate for staying home and jamming a CD. IT's nice to remember highlights of a good concert, especially for the money.

Tip: If you get bombed at home while watching a DVD it's like seeing it for the first time the next time you watch it! wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 28 2012, 09:15 AM)
My God, HUNDREDS of dollars? WTF? I saw them for $40 bucks apiece!! Christ, I wouldn't pay HUNDREDS to see Jesus f***ing Christ get down off the cross and heal Joan Rivers face.

Impossible. beathorse.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ May 29 2012, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 28 2012, 09:15 AM)
My God, HUNDREDS of dollars?  WTF?  I saw them for $40 bucks apiece!!  Christ, I wouldn't pay HUNDREDS to see Jesus f***ing Christ get down off the cross and heal Joan Rivers face.

Impossible. beathorse.gif

I saw Van Halen in 1984 when I was 16 years old and I was fukking blown away.

I was really excited about seeing them again next month and I was willing to drop hundreds of dollars on them.

At this point I have absolutely no interest.

I would rather save my hundreds and fly to Vegas to see Rush.

I saw Van Halen in 2008 twice. They were great.

Memories to last a lifetime.

Rush is more important to me at this stage in my life.

RUSH ON! 1022.gif

I just listened to the new album.....

I was pleasantly surprised....

It had the old time Van Halen rock sound...

Roth sounds as cheesy as ever, which is a good thing..

Alex sounds vintage...

Eddie rips....

Wolfgang was alright...

I saw VH twice in the 80's, including the '83 US Festival

I have tickets for the June 14th show in San Diego and now I am excited to hear some new stuff.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 31 2012, 05:18 PM)

It had the old time Van Halen rock sound...

Alex sounds vintage...

Eddie rips....

Wolfgang was alright...

I have tickets for the June 14th show in San Diego and now I am excited to hear some new stuff.

Lucky bum!!!! I wish I saw Metal Day at the US FESTIVAL!!

When the hell will someone remaster the video recording and put out the entire US Festival on Blu-Ray and DVD in a limited edition box set????

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 31 2012, 07:18 PM)

It had the old time  Van Halen rock sound...

Alex sounds vintage...

Eddie rips....

Wolfgang was alright...

I saw them in February. I thought Wolfgang played pretty good. Eddie's guitar playing is better than ever, though!

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 3 2012, 10:23 AM)
I just received our VIP instructions for VH in San Jose.

You should see this disclaimer we have to sign in order to get our tickets (which include a backstage tour):

Do not look for Van Halen.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif You had to sign a paper stating that you won't Look for members of the band , at their own show ? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 09:18 AM)

You should see this disclaimer we have to sign in order to get our tickets (which include a backstage tour):

laugh.gif

laugh.gif You had to sign a paper stating that you won't Look for members of the band , at their own show ? rofl3.gif

Here's what the paragraph says:

. You agree to act in accordance with the rules articulated to you by VIP Nation and the Van Halen tour prior to or during your participation in any activity related to the Van Halen VIP Package. You agree not to engage in any illegal or inappropriate activities, including but not limited to the use of illegal drugs or contraband (or alcohol if you are under the legal drinking age in the location of this show), engaging in acts that are considered disturbing to the operations of the Van Halen VIP Package, or the operations of the Van Halen tour, VIP Nation, Inc, venues in which a Van Halen VIP Package activity is taking place, Van Halen or the Van Halen crew. You agree not to wander off in any way, or seek out Van Halen, or their crew. VIP Nation, Inc and Van Halen reserve the right to remove you from the Van Halen VIP Package events at anytime for failure to abide by the terms of this agreement or the rules set forth at any time by Van Halen. In the event you are removed from the Van Halen VIP Package events, VIP Nation, Inc or Van Halen shall not be obligated to refund any amounts paid by you to participate in the Van Halen VIP Package.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 4 2012, 12:17 PM)

laugh.gif

. You agree to act in accordance with the rules articulated to you by VIP Nation and the Van Halen tour prior to or during your participation in any activity related to the Van Halen VIP Package. You agree not to engage in any illegal or inappropriate activities, including but not limited to the use of illegal drugs or contraband (or alcohol if you are under the legal drinking age in the location of this show), engaging in acts that are considered disturbing to the operations of the Van Halen VIP Package, or the operations of the Van Halen tour, VIP Nation, Inc, venues in which a Van Halen VIP Package activity is taking place, Van Halen or the Van Halen crew. You agree not to wander off in any way, or seek out Van Halen, or their crew. VIP Nation, Inc and Van Halen reserve the right to remove you from the Van Halen VIP Package events at anytime for failure to abide by the terms of this agreement or the rules set forth at any time by Van Halen. In the event you are removed from the Van Halen VIP Package events, VIP Nation, Inc or Van Halen shall not be obligated to refund any amounts paid by you to participate in the Van Halen VIP Package.

Or their road crew laugh.gif You should make a break for it and pound on every door until you get to the one where Wolfie is throwing down a box of Ring Dings laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 4 2012, 12:17 PM)

laugh.gif

Or their road crew laugh.gif You should make a break for it and pound on every door until you get to the one where Wolfie is throwing down a box of Ring Dings laugh.gif

I was planning on tying a pork chop around my neck. I figure he'll find me.

laugh.gif

No, Wolfie is awesome.

yes.gif

Is there a dress code? I'm gonna be super pissed if I become persona non grata due to the loincloth. ph34r.gif

The show last night in Oakland kicked all sorts of ass. They didn't seem burned out to me at all! Highlights for me: Somebody Get Me a Doctor, Everybody Wants Some, I'll Wait, and Hot For Teacher.

Just returned from seeing Van Halen in San Jose.

Perchance to Dream and myself had VIP packages for the show at HP Pavilion.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012027.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012052.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012050.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012049.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012039-1.jpg

Section 2, Row 6.

I don't know what exactly happened to David Lee Roth, but he decided to show up tonight. He was on it. Just a great show all around!!!!!!!! It was great fun. We had VIP Packages that were supposed to include a backstage tour. They told us that wasn't going to happen. Instead, we got to sit through the sound check first row. It was coolness.

Kool and the Gang frakking grooved. What a great choice for an opening act.

One of my top 5 concerts of all time.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jun 6 2012, 03:20 AM)
Just returned from seeing Van Halen in San Jose.

Perchance to Dream and myself had VIP packages for the show at HP Pavilion.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012027.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012052.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012050.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012049.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/June2012039-1.jpg

Section 2, Row 6.

I don't know what exactly happened to David Lee Roth, but he decided to show up tonight. He was on it. Just a great show all around!!!!!!!! It was great fun. We had VIP Packages that were supposed to include a backstage tour. They told us that wasn't going to happen. Instead, we got to sit through the sound check first row. It was coolness.

Kool and the Gang frakking grooved. What a great choice for an opening act.

One of my top 5 concerts of all time.

Sounds awesome!! Glad to hear you had a great time!!

Were there any setlist changes to report? They added And The Cradle Will Rock a couple of weeks ago I heard.