Board Suggestions?

RushRevisited

The Politics forum should be moderated. Too many threads where all the posters do is tell each other to fu ck off without any substantive argument at all. It is getting annoying.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 7 2004, 10:36 AM)
The Politics forum should be moderated. Too many threads where all the posters do is tell each other to fu ck off without any substantive argument at all. It is getting annoying.

I tend to agree. Any suggestions as to who should mod it though - that is the question...

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 7 2004, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 7 2004, 10:36 AM)
The Politics forum should be moderated. Too many threads where all the posters do is tell each other to fu ck off  without any substantive argument at all. It is getting annoying.

I tend to agree. Any suggestions as to who should mod it though - that is the question...

I'll do it, I'll put a stop to all the name calling too. It's getting rediculous.

I would be delighted to mod the political forum. With all due respect, I believe that my actions as movie forum mod speak well for me and show that I will be a good political mod.

I think we would need somebody neutral, neither right or left. That might just be me...

I have modding experience, and I'm completely unbiased politically, so for now, and if RR and GG agree, I'll have my finger on the BAN button! tongue.gif

(Nobody will get banned unless they turn into a complete troll. But I will delete posts if they get out of hand, so behave yourselves! biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 7 2004, 10:55 AM)
I think we would need somebody neutral, neither right or left. That might just be me...

I have modding experience, and I'm completely unbiased politically, so for now, and if RR and GG agree, I'll have my finger on the BAN button! tongue.gif

(Nobody will get banned unless they turn into a complete troll. But I will delete posts if they get out of hand, so behave yourselves! biggrin.gif )

I vote for pixie or 10101010100010

Good deal 1001! I think you would do a good job. I really think that neither myself, Indica or Jack should be mod. Someone that is not enthralled in the political forum should be moderator. Keeps it fair.

I'd offer to mod it but I also have a day job! laugh.gif

Really, would just depend what it involved, but I'd help if I could. Of course I have my own political views, but I'm not usually one to debate them on the boards. I think what's important is each person/side getting to state their opinions free from nastiness and namecalling.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 7 2004, 11:27 AM)
I'll mod. I have experience with several non-Rush related boards.

Sweet sig Barney!

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 7 2004, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 7 2004, 11:27 AM)
I'll mod.  I have experience with several non-Rush related boards.

Sweet sig Barney!

Yeah, the dems Minister Of Propaganda.

I'd think that whomever moderated a political forum would need to keep a neutral signature also. Kind of hard to say your neutral if you sig is saying otherwise.http://daneck.com/twocents.gif

QUOTE (daneck @ Sep 7 2004, 01:24 PM)
I'd think that whomever moderated a political forum would need to keep a neutral signature also. Kind of hard to say your neutral if you sig is saying otherwise.http://daneck.com/twocents.gif

My sig is a pic of a film director making a loser sign. Nothing more. Plus I can remove it anytime.

I think my avatar is far worse...

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 7 2004, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (daneck @ Sep 7 2004, 01:24 PM)
I'd think that whomever moderated a political forum would need to keep a neutral signature also.  Kind of hard to say your neutral if you sig is saying otherwise.http://daneck.com/twocents.gif

My sig is a pic of a film director making a loser sign. Nothing more. Plus I can remove it anytime.

I think my avatar is far worse...

I personally think your avatar is far better, but thats just me laugh.gif

Whomever it is, it must be someone that people will listen to. As an experienced moderator on several political forums on the net, I know how worthless it is to have a moderator who doesn't have either cred or teeth. I'd vote for either Pix or 1001001.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 8 2004, 12:23 AM)
Whomever it is, it must be someone that people will listen to. As an experienced moderator on several political forums on the net, I know how worthless it is to have a moderator who doesn't have either cred or teeth. I'd vote for either Pix or 1001001.

What about you Pedro? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 8 2004, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 8 2004, 12:23 AM)

What about you Pedro? biggrin.gif

I haven't been asked. I am not seeking it out, that's for sure.