Board Suggestions?

RushRevisited

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Aug 28 2004, 04:24 PM)
Loving what I see so far peeps.
My suggestion for the pot is a simple one. It seems that 10 posts per page is too few. As a dial up user I can say that 50 is sometimes too many, (default setting on CP). Sometimes with longer threads, it could help with continuity if there were, say 20 or 30 posts per page. No biggy, just thought I'd be devil's advocate.

wink.gif

You are absolutley right on this and it was actually set at 20 - I had a PM saying to was too many -because of exactly what you said - dialup - we will find a happy medium here though. Maybe 15?

Whilst I'm at it, I should say that I just uploaded a picture to my profile, and where it says 'picture size limited to 150kb' just underneath, it has the pixel ratio limits, but it would appear you haven't set them. It just says 'pixels by pixels'.

Small details I know, but you might have missed it. bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Aug 28 2004, 04:46 PM)
Whilst I'm at it, I should say that I just uploaded a picture to my profile, and where it says 'picture size limited to 150kb' just underneath, it has the pixel ratio limits, but it would appear you haven't set them. It just says 'pixels by pixels'.

I think having those blank allows for you to set it if needed - 150K???? Should say 60k! Iwill look into it

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Aug 28 2004, 04:46 PM)

AHHHH I see what you mean now - the PROFILE area... Sorry - I will set that up now - Thanks man! trink39.gif

How about a grammar and spelling checker?

All three of those would be gooder to have.

We making any progress on a grammar and spelling checker yet?

oops.gif

I really could use one today. hehehe

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Aug 28 2004, 12:24 PM)
My suggestion for the pot is a simple one. It seems that 10 posts per page is too few. As a dial up user I can say that 50 is sometimes too many, (default setting on CP). Sometimes with longer threads, it could help with continuity if there were, say 20 or 30 posts per page. No biggy, just thought I'd be devil's advocate.

wink.gif

There is a way in your control panel to switch it to more. I noticed this as well and set mine to 20 per page.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 29 2004, 01:07 AM)
QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Aug 28 2004, 12:24 PM)

wink.gif

There is a way in your control panel to switch it to more. I noticed this as well and set mine to 20 per page.

Yeah, I know, but for the purpose of 'Nu page' taunts, I like to leave that set to board defaults. laugh.gif

What about combining a couple threads into one 'Family Photo Album - wub.gif '...

I see a thread of 'Who Are You'

(who who , who who...sorry - had the CSI theme in my head there for a minute)

and another with 'posting a pic'

As people come and go through our little site, maybe a place of ref. to see a face with a nic-name and their little write-up. Members could add to their description as families grow (baby pics, birthday parties, wedding , engagments, etc...)

RR - as we discussed over the weekend about the uploading of pictures, this might not fly but it's a thought. Maybe a separate link, site, etc.... confused13.gif

I just thought it would be faster than to locate the thread first, then scim through trying to locate someone's nic and read up on their background.

(OK Chip - step down, shut the hell up) rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 30 2004, 07:19 AM)

You didnt have the CSI theme in your head, you had WHO ARE YOU by THE WHO in your head dazed025.gif

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 30 2004, 11:19 AM)
What about combining a couple threads into one 'Family Photo Album - wub.gif '...

As people come and go through our little site, maybe a place of ref. to see a face with a nic-name and their little write-up. Members could add to their description as families grow (baby pics, birthday parties, wedding , engagments, etc...)

RR - as we discussed over the weekend about the uploading of pictures, this might not fly but it's a thought. Maybe a separate link, site, etc.... confused13.gif

I just thought it would be faster than to locate the thread first, then scim through trying to locate someone's nic and read up on their background.

(OK Chip - step down, shut the hell up) rofl3.gif

I think that is a great idea - havea p hotobucket link for anyone who wants to post pics... I will work on this and talk to the others

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 31 2004, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 31 2004, 11:48 AM)
What about having a sports forum?

Hoping for the samething......

Football is around the corner.

Relaxed Jack, your Sports Forum awaits you, Mr. Moderator of Sports.