You name it

Spindrift

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 20 2007, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (Spindrift @ Aug 20 2007, 01:15 AM)
Another one of my all-time favorites:

"A joke? You call accusing me
of porking Ramona a joke?"

Neighbors

right, or wrong? confused13.gif

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 19 2007, 04:34 PM)
This thread needs a referee.

Its all over the place.

yes.gif again yes.gif

someone take control wtf.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 21 2007, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 20 2007, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (Spindrift @ Aug 20 2007, 01:15 AM)
Another one of my all-time favorites:

"A joke? You call accusing me
of porking Ramona a joke?"

Neighbors

right, or wrong? confused13.gif

Right!

I wish that I could get this movie on DVD.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 21 2007, 08:01 AM)

Its all over the place.

yes.gif again yes.gif

Okay, I'm taking control.

We had a rule post for the original movie quote game and I searched for it but I can't find it. I'll do a more comprehensive search when I have more time.

Here are the rules, everyone participating in this thread is now officially bound by them whether they read them or not.

One quote at a time! One player posts a quote, then everyone makes their guesses. The first player to correctly identify the movie being quoted posts the next quote and so on. YOU MUST WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION FROM THE PLAYER WHO POSTED THE QUESTION BEFORE YOU POST ONE OF YOUR OWN! I don't care if you are 100% sure, it's just good manners. Any quotes posted after the player whose turn it is has posted one should be summarily ignored and the person who posted it should be referred to this post. Just make a mental note that it's on page 2 of this thread and quote it for them.

I understand that we have to factor in human error, so people posting quotes out of turn from time to time will be forgiven, but if it gets out of control this thread will be locked.

Now it's Rickyrob's turn to post a question since he correctly identified Spindrift's quote.

QUOTE (Agent By-Tor @ Aug 21 2007, 06:50 PM)
"There's so much water, it looks like a sea."

OK, try this one! 653.gif

Hey! Did you not read the rules I posted just four posts above? I even typed in all caps what I thought to be the most important part so that knuckleheads like you wouldn't miss it:

YOU MUST WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION FROM THE PLAYER WHO POSTED THE QUESTION BEFORE YOU POST ONE OF YOUR OWN!

Now I didn't just write these rules for my damn health, I wrote them because it's the best way to play this game. We had another movie quote game long before you joined this board, and it had the same rules that I just re-wrote above because we found that they worked best. Now if you're unwilling to comply with these rules you can leave the game. If you are impatient for Rickyrob to confirm your answer, then PM him. Got it? Good!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 21 2007, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 21 2007, 04:55 PM)
I think this will be easy:

"You play with your balls a lot"

"I do NOT play with my balls"

Planes, Trains & Automobiles rofl3.gif

^Thanks Jack.

Of course its correct, NOW its your turn yes.gif trink38.gif

Edited by rickyrob

Its all over the place.

yes.gif again yes.gif

I wasn't having any problem following this thread.

Looking back and re reading some posts to catch up was no problem for me.

I, like many others only get online once or twice a day for a short time, and often miss days at a time. I don't mind if the thread continues without me. If it's my turn to confirm, then you might wait for days.

I don't see why we shouldn't have multiple quotes waiting for answers at the same time. It would be a LOT more fun than being brow beaten about the rules.

JMHO

QUOTE (Spindrift @ Aug 22 2007, 07:35 AM)

Its all over the place.

yes.gif again yes.gif

I, like many others only get online once or twice a day for a short time, and often miss days at a time. I don't mind if the thread continues without me. If it's my turn to confirm, then you might wait for days.

I don't see why we shouldn't have multiple quotes waiting for answers at the same time. It would be a LOT more fun than being brow beaten about the rules.

JMHO

I was told to take control, so I did. Since you are the only one who has a problem with it then yours is the minority opinion. I empathize with your problems. If you feel they would cause problems for other players then you should decline to participate because that's the polite thing to do. If you choose to participate anyway and it turns out that we have players waiting a long time for you to confirm their answer then I will intervene.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 22 2007, 07:03 AM)

Its all over the place.

yes.gif again yes.gif

JMHO

I was told to take control, so I did. Since you are the only one who has a problem with it then yours is the minority opinion. I empathize with your problems. If you feel they would cause problems for other players then you should decline to participate because that's the polite thing to do. If you choose to participate anyway and it turns out that we have players waiting a long time for you to confirm their answer then I will intervene.

admin.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 22 2007, 08:52 AM)
"Sparkling Muscatel, one of the finest wines of Idaho."

"The Muppet Movie."

That was the scene with Steve Martin as the waiter.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 22 2007, 10:04 AM)

"The Muppet Movie."

yes.gif

He goes on to say, "Would you like to smell the cap?" laugh.gif

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 22 2007, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 22 2007, 10:04 AM)

"The Muppet Movie."

yes.gif

Then I guess it's my turn, following the rules!

Try this:

"Don't you think that idea is a little half-baked?"

"Oh no, Dad, it's completely baked."

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 22 2007, 08:03 AM)

Its all over the place.

yes.gif again yes.gif

JMHO

OK, I thought about this for a while and I think I have a solution that you will like. The next time it's your turn to ask a question, send me the answer via PM. That way I can confirm it for you if someone correctly ID's the movie. Would that be OK with you?

QUOTE (Geds @ Aug 22 2007, 11:46 AM)
The graduate.

Correct. You're up.

Thanks GR!

Try this one out:

Nice shoes. Italian. You hung up, Stu. I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye. I feel bad about the pizza guy. But I couldn't miss seeing you and Kelly reunited. You don't have to thank me, nobody ever does. I just hope your newfound honesty lasts. Because if it doesn't, you'll be hearing from me.

QUOTE (Geds @ Aug 22 2007, 04:17 PM)
Thanks GR!

Try this one out:

Nice shoes. Italian. You hung up, Stu. I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye. I feel bad about the pizza guy. But I couldn't miss seeing you and Kelly reunited. You don't have to thank me, nobody ever does. I just hope your newfound honesty lasts. Because if it doesn't, you'll be hearing from me.

Phone Booth.