Fantasy hockey league

neilpeart_gal

Is hockey going to go on strike this season? I hope not because I like going to see the rangers and islanders.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 1 2004, 09:18 AM)

Season tickets!!! OMG you sure you want to marry Chas?!?! tongue.gif

That is worth more than gold in these parts!!! Getting Rush front row seats are easier than getting Leaf tickets.

We live and breath hockey. If you listen to The Tragically Hip, you'll get a bit of history in a couple of songs.

BTW - I'm a wicked goaltender wacko.gif , too bad I can't skate worth a crap.

Hey, he's willing to learn....and that just means we'll have TWO season tickets when he gets here. wub.gif Its not too hard to get a Predators season ticket. laugh.gif

Dirk from CP plays goalie in a local league around here. He's a Bolts fan too. BAH. wink.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Sep 1 2004, 04:35 PM)
If the players and the owners don't sign something by Sept. 15th, there will be a strike. sad.gif

There won't be a season (or it will be like '95). Sorry.

I guess it's more junior hockey, AHL and hopes for WHA for me in the fall... sad.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 1 2004, 03:38 PM)
I guess it's more junior hockey, AHL and hopes for WHA for me in the fall... sad.gif

The WHA isn't gonna do sh*t this season. That league is just going to fail miserably.

If I can make it up to Canada sometime to see a junior game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Got da nu page.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 1 2004, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Sep 1 2004, 04:35 PM)
If the players and the owners don't sign something by Sept. 15th, there will be a strike.  sad.gif

There won't be a season (or it will be like '95). Sorry.

Bummer. I thought I heard that most likely there won't be a hockey season this year.

I've been to more Sabres games in Buffalo, than I have been in San Jose, since I moved to California. A Sharks Ticket is VERY hard to get! But from all accounts, the Shark Tank is a great place to watch hockey!

NPG, you'll have to post the pic of you and Dennis with Lord Stanley!

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Sep 2 2004, 12:57 PM)
I can do that!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/neilpeart_gal/Rushcon%204/Tracy_Stanley.jpg

Whee!!!!!!!! wink.gif

And Drac, you know you and your better half are welcome in Nashville anytime for a hockey game. smile.gif

I'll ask Pete if he still has those tickets for Jim Kelly's Bar and Grill! laugh.gif

http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/news_story.asp?id=97683

Hull storms out of Team USA practice

Canadian Press

9/5/2004

ST. PAUL, Minn. (CP) - A winner of the World Cup of Hockey tournament has yet to be crowned but Brett Hull already is assured an award - Most Unhappy Player.

Hull, a healthy scratch for Team USA's win over Slovakia, showed up for practice Sunday to find he had been assigned the same green sweater as other Friday scrubs, and he didn't like it one bit. He left the ice 10 minutes before his teammates, again declined interview requests and was out of the Xcel Energy Center in a hurry.

The third-leading goal scorer in NHL history could not have expected to be a spare part in what is probably his last major international tournament for the United States, for whom he's performed beyond the call of duty. To say he's frustrated is putting it mildly.

``Got a minute to talk to reporters, Brett?'' Hull was asked in a corridor outside the dressing room.

``What would I have to talk about?'' he replied.

``Fans want to know how you're doing,'' said the reporter.

``I don't give a (deleted) about the fans anymore,'' said Hull.

End of conversation.

A few minutes later, as Hull headed for an arena exit, he again was asked for a minute of his time. He just kept walking.

The 40-year-old scoring machine has filled reporters' notebooks with candid comments during his remarkable career, which makes his disdainful demeanour now all the more shocking.

``He shouldn't be happy about it and he's not,'' centre Doug Weight said of Hull's reaction to his diminished role. ``But you don't want a teammate who doesn't give two cares about being in the lineup or not, and he cares and he's upset about it.

``If he doesn't want to talk to (reporters) about it, that's part of it. It's part of our job, I agree. But it's (Hull's) right (not to do interviews), I guess.

``He's always given (reporters) plenty to write. He's done a great job performing that part of his job. If something's bothering him or if he doesn't feel like talking for a couple of days, I don't think that should, in a 20-year career, be something that's held against him.''

When the team got wind of Hull's profanity-spiked comment, further attempts were made by the media relations staff to get him to consent to an interview. He again refused.

Coach Ron Wilson was asked if he'd put Hull back in the lineup for a quarter-final elimination game Tuesday. He couldn't say that he would, adding lineup decisions will be made game day. That's not the vote of confidence Hull was looking for.

Wilson would look like a motivational genius if Hull scores a big goal and the Americans win Tuesday. Hull could then take the post-game podium and break his silence, smiling all the while. But if that doesn't happen, one of the greatest players to ever wear the red, white and blue will exit the international stage with a sour taste in his mouth.

The situation isn't harming the team, said Weight.

``He has done nothing to affect our chemistry in a bad way,'' said Weight. ``He has been fine.

``When he gets out there again, he'll still be the most dangerous player on the ice.''

Alas, there won't be a huge audience in the United States. Terry, who at about 550 kilograms is the largest pig in Minnesota, is enjoying more of the public's attention at the state fair than the World Cup is in these parts. No American channel carried the Canada-Russia game Saturday night.

U.S. general manager Larry Pleau went to a hockey pub to see if it had a CBC signal but, no, college football ruled.

Captain Chris Chelios, Hull, Brian Leetch and a handful of others have been U.S. teammates forever - or so it seems.

``We're a close group,'' said Chelios, 42. ``Brett and I are honoured, at our ages, to be part of this team.

``If I have to sit out or Brett has to sit out and if it's for the better of the team, so be it. We know Brett's going to be there for us if he's called on. Hopefully, we've got three more games and he'll be a part of it and get the opportunity to win a game for us.''

Hull wants that chance to let his stick do the talking.

``I don't give a (deleted) about the fans anymore,'' said Hull.

typical Brett Hull, running at the mouth.Although I can respect his playing ability I have never liked the guy since he deserted Canada and plays all the international tourneys for the USA.

I am enjoying him being scratched, not to mention that the Canucks hopefully won't have to face him biggrin.gif

kam

Archived