Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 5 2004, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 5 2004, 11:40 PM)
WIDE RIGHT! Jaguars Kicker misses a 60 yd attempt wide right. Steelers win 17-16.

That was one of the best games all year!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is pumping~~~~~!!!!!!!!!! Big Ben even has comeback skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your telling me. I was so jittery that last minute praying that the Jags wouldn't come back. This game was probably the last real test for the Steelers this season. The Giants game will be tough, but not as tough as this game. Just think how better we'd be if everybody was healthy...

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 5 2004, 11:48 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 5 2004, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 5 2004, 11:40 PM)
WIDE RIGHT! Jaguars Kicker misses a 60 yd attempt wide right. Steelers win 17-16.

That was one of the best games all year!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is pumping~~~~~!!!!!!!!!! Big Ben even has comeback skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your telling me. I was so jittery that last minute praying that the Jags wouldn't come back. This game was probably the last real test for the Steelers this season. The Giants game will be tough, but not as tough as this game. Just think how better we'd be if everybody was healthy...

The ravens game might not be a bad one to watch. 12/26

Edited by Indica

Who did the Steelers slag off in the period when the Browns weren't around (forgive my ignorance - I'm British), the Ravens? laugh.gif

I haven't followed the NFL for a couple of seasons now, is Bill Cowher still with them? I always like him, he seemed like a straight up, no-nonsence kind of guy.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 6 2004, 07:19 AM)
Who did the Steelers slag off in the period when the Browns weren't around (forgive my ignorance - I'm British), the Ravens? laugh.gif

I haven't followed the NFL for a couple of seasons now, is Bill Cowher still with them? I always like him, he seemed like a straight up, no-nonsence kind of guy.

Yeah Cowher is still there. He's doing one hell of a job too.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 6 2004, 01:03 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2004, 12:57 PM)
OK, it's time for my weekly prediction for this weeks game.

Steelers 17
Jaqs      14

pretty close Prof!!! trink39.gif

Yep, I was 2 points off on the jaqs score and exactly right on the steelers score. The week before I think I was 3 points off. I have watched every steeler game (except maybe 2 of them) in the last 25 years. I have a good idea a lot of times how they are going to match up against certain teams. Playing fantasy football for the last 10 years or so helps too, you get to know which players are hurt on all the teams and things like that. Some games turns out totally different than expected but that's the NFL for you.

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 6 2004, 11:35 AM)

Is there a (good) reason why the Steelers only have the logo on one side of their helmets?

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 6 2004, 11:41 AM)

Is there a (good) reason why the Steelers only have the logo on one side of their helmets?

Because it looks "METAL" and they don't want to be like everyone else.

There might be a better reason but this is what I tell people. biggrin.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 6 2004, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 6 2004, 11:41 AM)

Because it looks "METAL" and they don't want to be like everyone else.

There might be a better reason but this is what I tell people. biggrin.gif

One reason is back in the days when teams would experiment putting logos on their helmets, they only put it on the one side to see how fan reaction would be to the logo on the helmet. Now they do it, mostly because of tradition, but also because it saves them a lot of money by just putting it on the one side.

....at least they HAVE a logo on their helmets, eh, unlike some teams that will remain unnamed, but play in the colour of 'rice' rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

New York Jets will beat Pittsburgh on Sunday

I mean all i have to say is Chad Peddington, Curtis martin and some other players i cant think of now yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Dec 6 2004, 08:18 PM)
New York Jets will beat Pittsburgh on Sunday

I mean all i have to say is Chad Peddington, Curtis martin and some other players i cant think of now  yes.gif  trink39.gif

The jets are a pretty good team that's for sure. They will have to play hard to win in Pitt though.

Brent, I'm glad that you predict that the steelers will lose again, it's been helping them since week 3 lol. biggrin.gif

1022.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Dec 8 2004, 11:13 PM)
This time ill be right  LOL.gif

The jets have only gave up 17 points of offensive scoring in the past 3 weeks. That's a tough defense.

Edited by Indica