Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts fan here, 'cause they're my hometown team. But I'm disappointed to say the least. Terrific offense, but don't know of a name for the defense.

To me, the Steelers have been this season's biggest treat. Good for you guys they have done so well. On draft day, when it seemed many were bemoaning the pick-up of Big Ben, I was thinking what a great choice it was. I was in Ohio on the job for all of his last year at Miami of Ohio so I got a lot of exposure.

Also nice to see the The Bus taking some kids to school again. Obviously I'm gonna be rooting for the horseshoes if they were to meet in playoffs, but I've enjoyed watching them kick some butt.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 11 2004, 11:17 AM)
They probably will stomp Cleveland, but my fear is that we'll over look them and walk into the game thinking we're unbeatable.

I don't think Coach Cowher will let that happen. They know how important every game is and the importance of having the best record as possible and hopefully getting home field advantage. He's taking the one game at a time, play for a whole 60 minute approach.

Did you know that....

The steelers are....

#1 rushing team in the NFL.

#1 defense against the rush.

#1 time of possession with 34:32 minutes a game.

#2 total defense in the NFL.

Well you do now! trink39.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 13 2004, 04:48 PM)
I'll be there!!!  1022.gif

Lucky ass!!!!!! Rub it in why don't you lol. I will be at an Irish pub watching it on the Big screen. I got in tight with the owners at the pub since I'm Irish too, so they have been putting the steelers on one of their big screens. As long as the Jets and Giants aren't playing at the same time then I'm set since they only have 2 big screens and the rest smaller TV's. I don't remember seeing the Giants and Jets playing at the same time though, they must set it up like that on purpose when they make the schedual. Hmmm I never thought of it but I guess it makes sense to have them playing at different times so more people in New York will watch both games. yes.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 13 2004, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 13 2004, 04:48 PM)
I'll be there!!! 1022.gif

Lucky ass!!!!!! Rub it in why don't you lol. I will be at an Irish pub watching it on the Big screen. I got in tight with the owners at the pub since I'm Irish too, so they have been putting the steelers on one of their big screens. As long as the Jets and Giants aren't playing at the same time then I'm set since they only have 2 big screens and the rest smaller TV's. I don't remember seeing the Giants and Jets playing at the same time though, they must set it up like that on purpose when they make the schedual. Hmmm I never thought of it but I guess it makes sense to have them playing at different times so more people in New York will watch both games. yes.gif

Good point. I'm rooting for the Browns cool.gif

With me not being a Steelers fan and all, I still appreciate good, solid football. Let me just add, they were impressive again today. I don't see any glaring weaknesses for an opponent to exploit. They're going to be tough. No doubt about it.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 14 2004, 09:38 PM)
I was there and I was sad because I am a Browns fan. Butch Davis sucks and we need to fire him and get someone who knows what the hell they are doing!!!!
Hey Butch, upyours.gif firedevil.gif firedevil.gif firedevil.gif

Enjoy the game? I know I did.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 14 2004, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 14 2004, 12:41 PM)
Browns 31

2 minute warning and they only have 10...

Yeah I know, I was way off with that prediction. The steelers are better than I originally thought. Their running game is awesome. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

They kept the ball for 36:00 out of 60:00 minutes. Awesome.

Steelers look great! They are playing awesome.. Big Ben is impressive for a 22 year young QB.. I'm not a Steelers fan but I like the way they are playing.. And I've always like Bill Cower.... I hope they go far this year.

I loved watching them rip the **** off of the Eagles.. I hate the freakin Eagles..!!

yes.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 15 2004, 09:19 PM)
Don't you think we're over due for a Super Bowl? It's been what? 24 years since we've won one.

Yes I think we are due.

Theres some teams that never even been to a super bowl so I would say they are the teams that's overdue lol.

I won't mention those teams, I'm sure they all know who they are. joker.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 16 2004, 04:54 PM)
The teams that I really consider overdue are the ones who have been in contention to make the Super Bowl a good chunk those years and yet haven't made it.

I think the Browns are one of those teams. The went to a few championship games and lost at the last minute. Usually against Denver, then Denver went on to get romped.