Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Templar of Syrinx @ Jan 20 2006, 01:23 PM)

fing.gif LIKE I SAID, A BAD CALL.........the 'REVERSAL' was a bad call......vandalizing someone's home, FOR ANY REASON, is just plain wrong and stupid IMO......The 'call' didnt even play a part in the outcome....The better team that day still won......no harm done confused13.gif

I agree. Just because he made a dumbass reversal, no one deserves to have this donne to them. fing.gif

After alls said and done, it's just a game.

QUOTE (freewill71 @ Jan 20 2006, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (Templar of Syrinx @ Jan 20 2006, 01:23 PM)

fing.gif LIKE I SAID, A BAD CALL.........the 'REVERSAL' was a bad call......vandalizing someone's home, FOR ANY REASON, is just plain wrong and stupid IMO......The 'call' didnt even play a part in the outcome....The better team that day still won......no harm done confused13.gif

I agree. Just because he made a dumbass reversal, no one deserves to have this donne to them. fing.gif

After alls said and done, it's just a game.

True, throwing rocks if for Kids. Very stupid, someone could have gotten hurt also. If anyone should have punished him it should have been the league, maybe a suspension or blocked him from future playoffs games or something. Although the Steelers still kicked their ass despite the refs allowing the colts to score 7 points that shouldn't have been scored, it still could have made a difference.

The league only lets the best refs do the playoff games every year. It's possible that it could hurt his chances in the future. yes.gif

Go steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK time for my weekly Steeler prediction.

I think the Steelers are on a roll. The broncos haven't lost a home game all year, but then again, they haven't had to play the Steelers. It's time for their first home loss all year.

Steelers 28

Broncos 17

I'll see everyone late Sunday night, or Monday. Hopefully after a Steeler win. If somehow the Steelers do lose I will be back to read all the posts of everyone rubbing my face in it. Oh well, I wanted a super bowl but either way they gave me an exciting year. After their 3 loses in late November I didn't even think they were going to the playoffs. But they won 6 straight since then. Which made me very happy. That's why I love the Steelers, they seem to always provide me with some exciting football. I just hope this is their year.

Black and Gold for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Steelers!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 21 2006, 04:43 PM)
I'll see everyone late Sunday night, or Monday. Hopefully after a Steeler win. If somehow the Steelers do lose I will be back to read all the posts of everyone rubbing my face in it. Oh well, I wanted a super bowl but either way they gave me an exciting year. After their 3 loses in late November I didn't even think they were going to the playoffs. But they won 6 straight since then. Which made me very happy. That's why I love the Steelers, they seem to always provide me with some exciting football. I just hope this is their year.

Black and Gold for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Steelers!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All sorts of things can happen. I remember one year (I think 1994/5) when the Chargers were 0-4, and got to the Superbowl, eventually losing to the 49rs.

One thing for sure, the Steelers are on a roll. I want them to win because I respect Cowher as a HC, and the fact he has lasted there for so long through thick and thin. OK their divison hasn't traditionally been a very strong one, but the Steelers have been one of the most consistent teams in the last 10-12 years.

If they do lose, I won't be rubbing your nose in it. I'll be a little upset, because as I said, I really would like to see Cowher win something. yes.gif

I hope its a good game with NO stoopid referee decisions wacko.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2006, 11:20 PM)

I think the Steelers are on a roll. The broncos haven't lost a home game all year, but then again, they haven't had to play the Steelers. It's time for their first home loss all year.

Steelers 28
Broncos 17

Talk bout a Close prediction wub.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2006, 06:20 PM)

Steelers 28
Broncos 17

wow, not a bad prediction, as usual I underestimated the Steelers and got the other teams score exact!

Steelers 34

Broncos 17

Nevertheless, THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE BOWL!!!!

I AM ONE HAPPY MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry tick, at least the broncos came in 2nd place in the AFC. Not too bad, I told ya we were going, you wouldn't listen!!!!!

1 more win baby!!!!!

I've been counting down since they needed 8 wins, and they only need 1 more to go!!!!!!!

Detroit, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I think I'm gonna be there!!!!!!

Bettis headed home for first Super Bowl

Associated Press

DENVER -- Jerome Bettis doesn't ask much of his Steelers teammates. Normally, it's the other way around -- they seek his advice, guidance and, when they first arrive in Pittsburgh, his respect.

Jerome Bettis

Running Back

Pittsburgh Steelers

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

Rush Yds TD Rec Yds TD

110 368 9 4 40 0

But each game could be the last now for the NFL's fifth-leading career rusher, so this time the senior Steeler asked for a favor during an impassioned pep talk after they arrived in Denver on Saturday night for the AFC championship game.

"Just get me to Detroit," said Bettis, who came back this season mostly for the chance to end his career by playing in the Super Bowl in his hometown. "Just get me to Detroit."

The Steelers did exactly that Sunday, shaking off a dozen years' worth of bad karma, bad luck and badly played AFC championship games to advance to only their second Super Bowl in 26 years.

And what a Bus ride it's been after the Steelers lost four AFC title games at home since January 1995, an unequaled stretch of futility. Forced to play only road games in the playoffs as a result of a three-game midseason losing streak that sent the AFC Central title to Cincinnati, the Steelers are the first team to beat the No. 1-, 2- and 3-seeded teams in consecutive weeks to reach a Super Bowl.

The Steelers' sixth AFC championship, gained by Sunday's 34-17 win in Denver following road wins at Cincinnati and Indianapolis, was the first they've won away from home since they upset Oakland in January 1975 -- starting them on a run of four Super Bowls in six years.

What this title does is set up Bettis for the best possible end to the career of one of the biggest running backs in NFL history, and one of the best.

Bettis' pre-game plea was reminiscent of that another by an aging Pittsburgh superstar whose career was winding down but, in his mind, remained unfulfilled. In 1971, with the Pirates driving for their first NL pennant in 11 years, 37-year-old Roberto Clemente promised his teammates, "Just get me to the World Series and I'll win it for you."

The Pirates kept up their end and so did Clemente, putting on a one-man show rarely rivaled in baseball's showcase event in leading them to a seven-game upset of the Baltimore Orioles.

Just like Clemente in '71, Bettis isn't the best player on this team or even close. Each was bypassed by a Willie -- Willie Stargell got the Pirates into the World Series by hitting 48 homers; Willie Parker bypassed the Bus this season by rushing for more than 1,200 yards.

But it is Bettis' stature, not his role, that matters in a town that embraces its sports stars like few cities do, treating them as friends, even family members. Go to a Steelers home game, and it seems as if half are wearing a No. 36 Bettis jersey.

Like Bettis himself, these fans were wearying of AFC title game loss after AFC title game loss, but never gave up hope. And just when it seemed their Steelers were in a hopeless situation, with not a single home playoff game, the Bus and the Steelers delivered.

Here's what Pittsburghers think of Bettis: Hundreds of fans lined up on a weekday morning last week at Heinz Field, not to buy playoff tickets, but for the chance to attend the taping of Bettis' weekly TV show -- seven hours later.

Here's what his teammates think of Bettis: Hines Ward broke down in tears after last year's AFC title game loss to New England, saying the Steelers had let Bettis down and he couldn't bear to think he would retire without going to a Super Bowl.

Go back to last weekend, and the feeling was the same. Bettis' fumble at the Colts' 2-yard line in the final two minutes gave Indianapolis the chance to stage an impossible comeback, and the disbelieving look on Bettis' face said: "I can't possibly end my career this way. This can't happen."

He won't, and it didn't.

Because the Steelers did on the road what they couldn't do in Pittsburgh, Jerome Bettis is going home. To the Super Bowl. Finally.

"We're going home," he said on the sideline Sunday as the clock wound down, before he hugged team chairman Dan Rooney. "We're going home."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/n...tory?id=2302302

Congrats Kazz and Indy and the rest of you Steeler nuts. laugh.gif They really looked good. I am really torn now for the bowl. My hatred of Pa. teams or my hatred of NFC teams? Hmmm. I just can't see me rooting for the NFC no matter even if Seattle WAS a former AFC west team. I know i've waffled on this, but I think that's when i was mad at Indy that I said i'd root for ANYONE over Pitts. I'm a die hard AFC fan, so i'm pretty sure i'll be rooting for gulp... the Steelers. Again... Congrats. trink39.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 22 2006, 03:43 PM)
Words don't even describe how excited I am right now. Closest description I can think of would be:

f***ing ECSTATIC!!!!

If they win the bowl I will be headed to Pittsburgh for the welcoming home parade!!!!! If all goes well I will see you there in 15 days baby!!!!!!!!!! Whoooohooooo.

I ended up going to a BW3 hot wings bar and there was 200-300 steelers fans there!!! It was PACKED!!! I think I high fived and hugged every steelers fan in the bar after the game. I haven't seen a crowd so estatic in a LONG time. Well, since I seen the Championship game in Pittsburgh in 95 the last time they went to the super bowl. Steeler fans are sooo damn loyal, when they win a game like this the atmosphere is unreal.

I got a feeling, Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl. yes.gif

I got a feeling, Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl. yes.gif

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

See since I was in Dayton there were a lot of Bengals fans there rooting against the Steelers. My sister had a terrible towel on the table and this chick in a bengals shirt walked by and grabbed my sisters terrible towel and wiped her hands on it. So at the end of the game I brought the towel over to her and acted like I was wiping my tears and asked if she wanted to borrow it aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I usually don't rub peoples faces in it but she was asking for it. When the Steelers got hurt and that little ambulance truck came on the field to cart him off she jumped up and started cheering when it was all quiet in the bar. She got boooed, no classs, so I didn't feel bad at all f***ing with her at the end of the game. I guess shes still mad Pitt hurt the bengals Quarterback but they didn't do it on purpose. Screw it ahahaha.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif 1022.gif http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2006/01/22/15/05_atDenPlayoff_after2_61619.jpghttp://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2006/01/22/11/05_atDenPlayoff_fans2_61596.jpghttp://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2006/01/22/11/05_atDenPlayoff_fans3_61597.jpghttp://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2006/01/22/15/05_atDenPlayoff_after1_61617.jpg

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 19 2004, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 19 2004, 12:07 PM)
Heres some pics I took at the game yesterday. Since I have a knack for making friends really quick, I ended up sitting on the 50 yard line, FRONT ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!! Heres some pics I took.

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/3189/miniben58wc.jpg

http://img138.exs.cx/img138/7789/minihinesbus2hu.jpg

I got Cowher to wave for a pic!!!!
http://img138.exs.cx/img138/1817/minibill3eh.jpg

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/310/mini50yrd2nu.jpg

Final score, the steelers 13th win on the season!!!!
http://img148.exs.cx/img148/5159/minifinalscore2kr.jpg

I love these pics

I Love These Pics!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 15 2005, 03:29 PM)
I had to post this pic in the steeler thread also lol.

Jim, Mr Roethlisberger, Me, Carley Roethlisberger
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5893/bigben9tw.jpg

1022.gif

Steelers buck tradition, to wear white in Super Bowl

Check the full story from Superbowl.com

If it works don't change it.

Cowher made the choice by himself and without consulting with ownership, saying, "We're not playing at Heinz Field so, in my mind, it's an away game."
Edited by Batman

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 24 2006, 04:27 PM)
Steelers buck tradition, to wear white in Super Bowl 

Check the full story from Superbowl.com

If it works don't change it.
Cowher made the choice by himself and without consulting with ownership, saying, "We're not playing at Heinz Field so, in my mind, it's an away game."

I'm glad they are wearing white!!!!! That's cool.

I will tell you about my lucky Hines Ward shirt. Donna got me an Early Christmas present the week after they lost 3 games in a row, they sunk to 7-5 and they had to win the rest of their games to get a wild card spot, and they had to win 3 road playoff games to go to the super bowl.

But I believed!!!!!!!!!!! yes.gif

All Along I have been counting down all that time, 8 wins in a row!!! 7 more!! 6 More!!! eTC, etc..week by week on the forum. I started wearing the Hines Ward shirt she got me when we played the Chicago Bears, we beat them and haven't lost a game since!!!!

It's a white away Jersey just like the one he's gonna wear in the super bowl!!! I haven't cleaned the jersey yet, that's bad luck!!!

Oh and the game when we played in Minnesota I forgot to put the shirt on and the Vikings scored 2 Touchdowns in the first few minutes of that game, I remembered I forgot to wear the lucky shirt and when I put it on the Steelers scored twice within a few short minutes!!! They've been beating everyone since!!! And I mean BEATING THEM!!! They outscored the oponents the last 7 games by an average score of 29-17!!!

Here's what the shirt looks like!!! I won't wash it until AFTER the Superbowl!!! It smells like cig smoke but I don't care!!!

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/joeycrack426/.mids/WardWhiteF.jpg

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 11 2005, 07:26 AM)
The Steelers are going to win 8 game in a row and that last one is the super bowl.

I Believed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes.gif