Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Nov 15 2005, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (freewill71 @ Nov 15 2005, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Nov 15 2005, 10:27 AM)
Well the news is in here the Quarterback line up for Sunday: Tommy (Gunshy) Maddox, Randel El, and Big Ben.

The should start Randel El as starting quarterback, he would out perform Maddox, and thats second nature to Randel El, becaue of how he was a quarterback before. anybody agree?

Most definitely -- keep Maddox off the field rage.gif

they will put Tommy GUNSHY Maddox in and the first pass will be an interception, and if that were to happen, thats when they should put Randel EL In and finish the game!

Tommy had a bad game after not playing for over a year. I think he can go out and have a good game, I hope he does. I seen him have some great games before so I hope they stay to the run and let Tommy pass when needed and also they should mix it up a little and let him do some short ball control passing.

You know what I am more worried about than Tommy Maddox? The Steeler 3rd down defense. We give up too many big plays on 3rd down. One of the worse in the league and that keeps the defense on the field a lot and our Running game off the field and that hurts bad.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (freewill71 @ Nov 17 2005, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 17 2005, 01:15 PM)
OK time for my famous weekly prediction.

Steelers 17
Ravens 14

Gonna be a close one I think.

I'll go

Steelers 24

Ravens 20

I can live with that.

I am torn on who I want to lose in the Bengals/Colts game. I guess it's cool that at least one of them will lose. But I guess we need to win the division and worry about home field later on.

The game starts in 1 hour!!!! I am getting pumped. Then next week we have a monday night against the colts. That should be a good game, especially if Ben is back by then.

Go steelers, I will be back around 4:30 for the after game party. Yeeeehaww.

BEN BETTER BE BACK!!! Maddox is officially HORRIBLE. I cannot believe they allowed him to throw 36 times in a game.

COWHER, WATCH THE FILMS BUD!!!!!

The Steelers started playing football in the 4th quarter!!! It looked as they wanted to win, and they did not deserve to win that game, and i have bad feeling about Mondays game....Ben out for 3 weeks limited practice, i dont want to say what im thinking. They might ________. Lets hope not, cause if they lose on Monday they could see the playoffs slip away!

pix of the Ravens game on halloween night. Sorry it took so long!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0199.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0201.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0219.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0222.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0208.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0209.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0214.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0213.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0217.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0215.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0192.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0193.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/yetz/100_0216.jpg

OK, time again for my famous weekly Steeler prediction.

Steelers 27

Colts 20

I hope the colts try to put 8 guys in the box against Big Ben.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (daveyt @ Nov 27 2005, 12:38 PM)
i love watching ben play. should be an awesome game! to bad it's in indy though. will ben be up for the challenge? pittsburgh needs to score alot of points to make sure they get a win.

I think the best thing would be to make sure the Colts don't score much.

Most talk shows, I have listen to, say Ben shouldn't even play this week. If he gets hurt, we are done for the season.

Great pic Yetz wub.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 27 2005, 09:52 PM)
I really hope the Colts win this one. It would be cool to see them go 16-0.

Yeah Only one team has done that since I have been alive.

Well, no team went 16-0 but the dolphins went 14-0 when there were only 14 games a season. Still, undefeated. Last season no one ever won more regular season games than the Steelers did in one season. No one, ever.

I guess it would kind of be cool to see a team go undefeated again in our lifetime. But I do have a feeling that the Colts will lose at least one game, probably this week against the Steelers. I know Ben is hurt, but I hope he's not THAT hurt and he can finish the season healthy. That would be cool.

ok here's a story for you

i went out with this teacher a few weeks ago when the steelers were playing the ravens on halloween. it went against all my principles to go out with a teacher but i did because she was just so...interested.

boy what a shitty date! no chemistry at all (but damn is she hot looking!) and she really killed my good time. everyone was dressed in full steelers gear at the steelers bar which i thought was so retarded. how unoriginal!

so i made a comment: "it would be classic if someone walked in here fully dressed as a baltimore raven." well apparently she didn't think that was funny at all! sorry! i thought it was in my mind yes.gif

since everyone was rooting for the steelers i decided to root for the ravens. for one play. it was pretty low key, though. looking around the scene was funny: there was a bill cower look-alike which was laugh.gif every time i looked at him. there was a "terrible towel" who just basically stood there and whipped himself around; everyone else was wearing their pittsburg unies. i was so bored (she is so boring) thank god her friends were there.

there was this one play where the booth had to review this one call: if a player was touched when he was down. well, they got a great camera-still that looked like he was touched on his weiner. i turned to my date and said "omg: was that funny?" her reply? "i really didn't think cheering for the ravens was funny at all."

i rooted for them like an hour before that so i was completey over that plus she was talking to me like she was my mom! i was like "when can i leave?"

so anyways, she was there with her friends to begin with and said she would be there with a guy she was dating. basically if i was going to have a chance with her, she told me earlier, i better get started...quick. why i went i have no idea but he didn't even show up HAAH

what sealed this deal was her other friend from San diego. the game went to the wire and pittsburgh won in the final minutes. when it was all said and done this friend of hers, waiting for this moment for hours, planning carefully, whipped out his TERRIBLE TOWEL and celebrated by whipping this thing around, hitting me in the face while he was at it. i thought it was the gayest thing ever. i was OUT. i waited for MAURA to come back, congradulated her on the victory, and said "i'll see you around" and walked out. out of the corner of my eye i saw her turn around DUMFOUNDED that i walked out. she is such a princess 062802puke_prv.gif

come on: it got to the point that it was obvious we would never be going out again so why the f**k would i stay for some bullshit conversation? plus everyone was singing german songs and this damn bell kept ringing :smiles:

then i put my parking ticket away, got in the 73 monte carlo and got the phuc outta REDONDO BEACH!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by daveyt

QUOTE (daveyt @ Nov 27 2005, 11:52 PM)
ok here's a story for you

i went out with this teacher a few weeks ago when the steelers were playing the ravens on halloween. it went against all my principles to go out with a teacher but i did because she was just so...interested.

boy what a shitty date! no chemistry at all (but damn is she hot looking!) and she really killed my good time. everyone was dressed in full steelers gear at the steelers bar which i thought was so retarded. how unoriginal!

so i made a comment: "it would be classic if someone walked in here fully dressed as a baltimore raven." well apparently she didn't think that was funny at all! sorry! i thought it was in my mind yes.gif

since everyone was rooting for the steelers i decided to root for the ravens. for one play. it was pretty low key, though. looking around the scene was funny: there was a bill cower look-alike which was laugh.gif every time i looked at him. there was a "terrible towel" who just basically stood there and whipped himself around; everyone else was wearing their pittsburg unies. i was so bored (she is so boring) thank god her friends were there.

there was this one play where the booth had to review this one call: if a player was touched when he was down. well, they got a great camera-still that looked like he was touched on his weiner. i turned to my date and said "omg: was that funny?" her reply? "i really didn't think cheering for the ravens was funny at all."

i rooted for them like an hour before that so i was completey over that plus she was talking to me like she was my mom! i was like "when can i leave?"

so anyways, she was there with her friends to begin with and said she would be there with a guy she was dating. basically if i was going to have a chance with her, she told me earlier, i better get started...quick. why i went i have no idea but he didn't even show up HAAH

what sealed this deal was her other friend from San diego. the game went to the wire and pittsburgh won in the final minutes. when it was all said and done this friend of hers, waiting for this moment for hours, planning carefully, whipped out his TERRIBLE TOWEL and celebrated by whipping this thing around, hitting me in the face while he was at it. i thought it was the gayest thing ever. i was OUT. i waited for MAURA to come back, congradulated her on the victory, and said "i'll see you around" and walked out. out of the corner of my eye i saw her turn around DUMFOUNDED that i walked out. she is such a princess 062802puke_prv.gif

come on: it got to the point that it was obvious we would never be going out again so why the f**k would i stay for some bullshit conversation? plus everyone was singing german songs and this damn bell kept ringing :smiles:

then i put my parking ticket away, got in the 73 monte carlo and got the phuc outta REDONDO BEACH!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

The moral of the story is: You prolly would have got some coochey if you knew which team to root for LOL.

A Steeler bar in California? That's cool man. Loyal fans everywhere. The more away games I watch and see all the Steeler fans in the crowd the more I think that they are the REAL Americas team. Ya baby Ya.

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 27 2005, 09:25 PM)
I really hope the Colts win this one.  It would be cool to see them go 16-0.

Well, no team went 16-0 but the dolphins went 14-0 when there were only 14 games a season. Still, undefeated. Last season no one ever won more regular season games than the Steelers did in one season. No one, ever.

Sorry Indy but you're wrong...

The Niners went 15-1 in '84

The Bears went 15-1 in '85

Vikings went 15-1 in '98

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 28 2005, 12:23 AM)

Vikings went 15-1 in '98

Sorry but I am not wrong, I SAID, "no one has ever won MORE than the Steelers did last season"

I am sorry but you are wrong,

Since when is 15-1 MORE than 15-1

It's a FACT No one, I mean NO ONE EVER has EVER won MORE than 15 games in a regular season in the history of football. Unless you can convince me that 15 is MORE than 15 I am NOT wrong by any means.

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 27 2005, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 28 2005, 12:23 AM)

Vikings went 15-1 in '98

Sorry but I am not wrong, I SAID, "no one has ever won MORE than the Steelers did last season"

I am sorry but you are wrong,

Since when is 15-1 MORE than 15-1

It's a FACT No one, I mean NO ONE EVER has EVER won MORE than 15 games in a regular season in the history of football. Unless you can convince me that 15 is MORE than 15 I am NOT wrong by any means.

You said ONE season, not LAST season