Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 3 2004, 07:20 PM)
The steelers are 3-1 and Big Ben already looks like a vet QB. I am happy with the first 4 games of the season, the steelers schedual gets rough later so we will see how it goes. 1022.gif

The only fear I have about the Steelers this year is that when Maddox comes back, Cowher will most likely start him. Then Cowher will cry when they don't make the playoffs because of it...

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 3 2004, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 3 2004, 07:20 PM)
The steelers are 3-1 and Big Ben already looks like a vet QB. I am happy with the first 4 games of the season, the steelers schedual gets rough later so we will see how it goes.  1022.gif

The only fear I have about the Steelers this year is that when Maddox comes back, Cowher will most likely start him. Then Cowher will cry when they don't make the playoffs because of it...

If Big ben keeps playing well I think he will remain the starter. How long did they say Maddox would be out for sure?

QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 2 2004, 02:38 PM)
Well Polumalu is supposed to step it up this season and they did a few things with the Cornerbacks. That new kid Coulcaugh is looking pretty decent.

WOW did you see Polamalu's interception and touchdown return against the bengals? That guy has some moves!

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 4 2004, 02:34 PM)
How long did they say Maddox would be out for sure?

Approx 4 more weeks he'll be out.

QUOTE (Indica Posted on Oct 4 2004 @ 02:38 PM)
WOW did you see Polamalu's interception and touchdown return against the bengals? That guy has some moves!

That was frikin amazing. He broke something around 8 takles on that run. I said it before and I'll say it again:

One of the things thats slowing the Bengals down is that their starting Palmer at QB. Especially when Kitna was comming off a great season.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 4 2004, 04:12 PM)
One of the things thats slowing the Bengals down is that their starting Palmer at QB. Especially when Kitna was comming off a great season.

Along with Buresss , I have Chad Johnson as my other WR. If I could get any production out of these 2 WR's, I could in the Top 5 instead of Top 10 in my fantasy league.

Indi - looks like Big Benn is helping things out. Just wish he would find PB in the endzone instead of in between. We only get points for scores not yardage.

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Oct 5 2004, 05:23 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 4 2004, 04:12 PM)

Along with Buresss , I have Chad Johnson as my other WR. If I could get any production out of these 2 WR's, I could in the Top 5 instead of Top 10 in my fantasy league.

Indi - looks like Big Benn is helping things out. Just wish he would find PB in the endzone instead of in between. We only get points for scores not yardage.

Yeah, I have been in fantasy leagues like that. I like the scoring systems that give you points for yards too, scoring TD's are too hit or miss, duce stayley gets them to the goal line and they hand it to bettis, then bettis dont score for a couple games. When you get points for yards it seems to be more fun watching games with your players in it because you have something to cheer about every time they get a few yards. I like the NFL.COM fantasy football a lot. 1022.gif

tongue.gif haha Mine and indys teams played against eachother this week

my fantasy team beat indys team !! tongue.gif rofl3.gif applaudit.gif

Browns and Steelers play this Sunday. I really want to go. Any idea where I can score some tix? A pair together anywhere in Heinz is all I need. Its a hot ticket so I realize I am going to have to cough up some cash if I do this.

I have never seen a football game in Pittsburgh, and this year I might want to change that!

Any ideas? Better yet, any tickets???

Um...

If you want to get tickets for this sundays game, then you might want to see a scalper. Only problem is they can't always be trusted.

Steelers games are usually sold out like 2 years before they even schedule the game. You literally have to be on a waiting list in order to score tickets.

oh, I know. I have already spoken to the ticket broker I usually buy from. I was just looking for alternatives. Thanks, Kazz!

WOOOOOO! Got a pair! I'll be there ... with ORANGE on. hahahahaahaha.

Edited by Audient

QUOTE (Audient @ Oct 6 2004, 10:58 AM)
Browns and Steelers play this Sunday. I really want to go. Any idea where I can score some tix? A pair together anywhere in Heinz is all I need. Its a hot ticket so I realize I am going to have to cough up some cash if I do this.

I have never seen a football game in Pittsburgh, and this year I might want to change that!

Any ideas? Better yet, any tickets???

Heinz field is great, it's worth the trip. I went to every home game in 2002. You can get tickets on ebay but if you get them from a scalper at the last minute you might get a better price. There's always tickets for sale in the parking lot. I had some guys business card that scalps out there but I don't know where it is, I will try to find it.

QUOTE (Audient @ Oct 7 2004, 07:47 AM)
WOOOOOO! Got a pair! I'll be there ... with ORANGE on. hahahahaahaha.

Good luck getting out of there alive.

If you don't, then it was nice knowing ya.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 8 2004, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Audient @ Oct 7 2004, 07:47 AM)
WOOOOOO! Got a pair!  I'll be there ... with ORANGE on.  hahahahaahaha.

Good luck getting out of there alive.

If you don't, then it was nice knowing ya.

LOL, steeler fans are usually pretty cool as long as you aren't jumping around in their face when they are losing hahahaha..

I went to a couple browns steelers games when the browns played at municipal stadium and I wore my steelers coat and let me tell you, even though the steelers kicked their ass and I kept it to myself, I was a little nervous a couple times, not to mention we ended up with tickets in the 2nd row of the Dawg pound. doh.gif

I had a few things thrown at me but it was OK because it wasn't size D batteries or anything like they used to throw on the field. It was just empty cups and peanuts and smaller lighter object hahaha.

I'm not a Steelers fan, but I watched the game yesterday and have to say Roethlisberger is impressive. I think the last rookie that displayed these kind of talents right out of the gate was a guy named Marino. How could so many teams take a pass on this guy just because he played at a small school? It might be too early to tell, but Big Ben might be a great one.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 10 2004, 08:32 PM)
I'm not a Steelers fan, but I have to say I was impressed again watching these guys. This is a physically skilled and physically tough team, that's a hard combo to beat.

I'm just hoping my grandfather gets his dying wish and gets to see them win one more Super Bowl (if there's any year, it will be this year).