Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the steelers. I am going to sign up for the NFL.COM fanasy football this weekend. I always get in an all steelers league since steelers fans are so cool. The live draft is pretty fun too.

hmmm my prediction. Well, I have to be honest here. The steelers defense has been horrible the last 2 years. So I'm not really sure. I would have to go with 8-8 and hope that I am wrong and they really go 10-6. I do remember that the steelers do a lot better when they aren't predicted to do well. Whenever everyone talks about them having a good shot at the super bowl then the season is disapointing. Other times when it was unclear if they would do well or not, then they would stomp some ass. I hope it's one of those years because the predictions I have been reading has the steelers like 6-10 or 5-11. Screw that noise. Edited by Indica

QUOTE (yetz @ Sep 2 2004, 01:29 PM)
It's not the entire defense that's horrible, it's the secondary that is like a sieve!!!

I know I know. I was used to when we had Woodson, Lake and Perry. I was spoiled I guess.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 1 2004, 03:15 AM)
Lynn Swann was @ the RNC representing African Americans for Bush. (No I'm not a Browns fan)

Are you a steelers fan?

Steelers looked good but they better pick it up a notch......

I picked up Burress as a second receiver then chose the Pittsburgh QB as my Team QB.

Maddox better pick it up and start looking over his shoulder.

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Sep 13 2004, 09:08 AM)
Steelers looked good but they better pick it up a notch......

I picked up Burress as a second receiver then chose the Pittsburgh QB as my Team QB.

Maddox better pick it up and start looking over his shoulder.

I wish someone would just hit Deion with a haymaker. He had one 23 yard return, and he thinks he's GOD.

Yeah, even though the Steelers got thrashed, his (Deion's) defensive coverage skills again rose to the top as Hines Ward completely schooled his a$$ all day!!!

Jack, You'd better start looking for a new QB.

Big Ben looked good though!!!

QUOTE (yetz @ Sep 20 2004, 05:09 PM)

I'm in a fantasy league of 24 Franchises.....so the only TEAM QB's left are:

- San Diego

- San Francisco (I'm a Niners fan and I'm saying NO to this one!)

- NY Giants

- Chicago

- Baltimore

- Dallas

- Miami

W T F !!!!

One of my WR's is Plaxico Burress , so I guess I'll have to keep my combo going and stick with Pittsburg QB. 062802puke_prv.gif

In our league we each throw in 100 and the winner gets 100 back each week (1700 paid out). That leaves 700 in the pot for end of the year distribution. Trades cost 5 and gets thrown in the pot. We usually have about 1200 to distribute at season end.

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Sep 21 2004, 06:26 AM)

- San Diego

- NY Giants

- Chicago

- Baltimore

- Dallas

- Miami

W T F !!!!

One of my WR's is Plaxico Burress , so I guess I'll have to keep my combo going and stick with Pittsburg QB. 062802puke_prv.gif

In our league we each throw in 100 and the winner gets 100 back each week (1700 paid out). That leaves 700 in the pot for end of the year distribution. Trades cost 5 and gets thrown in the pot. We usually have about 1200 to distribute at season end.

Dood, BIG BEN is awesome, he's going to throw for a lot of yards this season. The only problem is since he's a rookie he will probably throw some Int's that a pro might not, but he's still learning at the pro level. I think he will run in some Td's when they are close to the goal line, I'm not sure if Cowher will let him run be he's hard to take down for a QB. I'm thinking he's going to do well though, he has great recievers, he tends to like Randle El and Hines Ward but who don't, Plax is good and He will have some good games also.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 21 2004, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Sep 21 2004, 06:26 AM)

- San Diego

- NY Giants

- Chicago

- Baltimore

- Dallas

- Miami

W T F !!!!

Dood, BIG BEN is awesome, he's going to throw for a lot of yards this season. The only problem is since he's a rookie he will probably throw some Int's that a pro might not, but he's still learning at the pro level. I think he will run in some Td's when they are close to the goal line, I'm not sure if Cowher will let him run be he's hard to take down for a QB. I'm thinking he's going to do well though, he has great recievers, he tends to like Randle El and Hines Ward but who don't, Plax is good and He will have some good games also.

I hope so....

I was listening to ESPN radio and I jumped in the middle of one of the conversations (not exactly sure who it was) ....team captain ???. Anyway, they asked him how he felt and does he think Ben is the way to go. He quickly answered "NO!...He's too wet behind the ears and inexperienced"

I was shocked to hear a captain say something like that....at least be supportive and stay positive and focused during this time that Maddox is out.

We'll stay with Pitts. QB but we'll keep an eye out for another WR if PLax doesn't get anymore attention.

Yeah I can't believe they said that about Ben, he is a rookie though and never started in the NFL so maybe that's what he meant. He scored 2 TD's in 2 quarters of football but it seemed as if Baltimore had a prevent type defense, now teams will prepare for a rookie QB and put a little extra pressure on him. I just hope he can burn that blitz and make them back off a bit, if he can do that then teams will have to show him a little respect. It's easier said than done though but the steelers have the players on the field to do it.

I hate to admit it but I like the idea that Ben is getting some play time in so he can learn now instead of later. I didn't want Tommy to get hurt or anything though. I think he's the future and the sooner he gets in there the sooner we have a vet QB with some time under his belt.

Edited by Indica

As a follow-up to their original question, they went to ask this guy again and he said

'Look. I answered what you asked me...am I excited about having a rookie QB. I said NO.'

Bettis said the samething. ANYBODY probably would say the samething.....Are you excited about having someone without experience leading the team (regardless of touchdowns thrown)...No. You're right, Baltimore was probably in a Prevent Def. but he still ahd to throw the ball. Right?

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Sep 23 2004, 05:56 AM)
As a follow-up to their original question, they went to ask this guy again and he said

'Look. I answered what you asked me...am I excited about having a rookie QB. I said NO.'

Bettis said the samething. ANYBODY probably would say the samething.....Are you excited about having someone without experience leading the team (regardless of touchdowns thrown)...No. You're right, Baltimore was probably in a Prevent Def. but he still ahd to throw the ball. Right?

Yes true. I just want to see what he can do in a close game under a normal defense. It's not always so easy to throw when the other team is playing a tight defense. Big Ben looked impressive for his first NFL game play. He has the right WR's around him that's for sure!!!!

Edited by Indica

Heres a cool pic of our future star QB...He is starting his first game tonight in Fla in the wake of hurricane Jeanne.

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/3047/bigben.jpg

Edited by Indica

The steelers are 3-1 and Big Ben already looks like a vet QB. I am happy with the first 4 games of the season, the steelers schedual gets rough later so we will see how it goes. 1022.gif