Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Oct 9 2009, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (missionman @ Oct 8 2009, 11:06 PM)
If I did all the things I "should have" did in my life, I'd be a RICH man!!!!!

Excellent point! There's no changing the past. Focus on the future.

Good to hear you're having a good day. See you tomorrow Danny. bekloppt.gif

Call me, you know where I'll be. trink39.gif

No seizures today, just doing the things that work and not doing the things that don't...

Two more yesterday, they started about 6:00 in the evening and I slept them off until about 10:00 this morning. I really need to talk to my Dr about switching meds. Lamictal isn't working for me, it's not really even for the type of seizures I have.

Good day today so far... unsure.gif

Going out to see the Las Vegas Wranglers vs the Utah Grizzlies @ the Orleans Arena tonight, ya' gotta' love it, Hockey in the desert! 1022.gif

A frozen playing surface is the closest to ice I ever want to get again!

The Wranglers are the local minor league Hockey team, they're actually part of the East Coast Hockey League. (I don't get it either, we're about as far west as you can get)

I don't care, drop the puck!!!

QUOTE (missionman @ Oct 22 2009, 10:26 PM)
Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

All the best dude.

Thanks MM, after all these years of seizures, taking different drugs, MRI's, blood tests, ambulance rides to the hospital, and stays in the hospital, I'm willing to try just about anything. I don't know if I'm a candidate for surgery yet, that's why they're doing the video EEG. They are going to do a CT scan, and an MRI, and the video EEG one after the other so all results are current, those are painless. If I'm not a candidate, at least I'll know I've explored all options. Now that I'm on disability, medicare picks up the cost so there's no pain there either.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 31 2009, 01:05 AM)
None today.... yet... unsure.gif

Let's hope you get better with help. BTW-I was checked for a possibility of having something like that. I would get odd blackouts for about a second. The neurologist is stumped.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 30 2009, 10:28 PM)
None today.... yet...  unsure.gif

Let's hope you get better with help. BTW-I was checked for a possibility of having something like that. I would get odd blackouts for about a second. The neurologist is stumped.

For as far as I know about Epilepsy, it sounds like an Absence Seizure to me also known as a Petit Mal, these are pretty common. I have Gran Mal Seizures. I would seek the opinion of another neurologist. (I'm not a Dr, nor do I play one on TV)

Absence Seizures (also called Petit Mal)

Absence seizures (also called petit mal seizures) are lapses of awareness, sometimes with staring, that begin and end abruptly, lasting only a few seconds. There is no warning and no after-effect.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 5 2009, 01:47 AM)

For as far as I know about Epilepsy, it sounds like an Absence Seizure to me also known as a Petit Mal, these are pretty common. I have Gran Mal Seizures. I would seek the opinion of another neurologist. (I'm not a Dr, nor do I play one on TV)

Absence seizures (also called petit mal seizures) are lapses of awareness, sometimes with staring, that begin and end abruptly, lasting only a few seconds. There is no warning and no after-effect.

I went to a neurologist. He did an EEG. It came up with nothing. The one problem is that they try to get you sleep deprived on this. I can move on about 4 hours of sleep (give or take). So, they tried 5 hours & I warned them that this may not cause that issue. So, the neuroligist had nothing else & told me to tell my PCP whom I told in the first place which how I got the referral.

It is very possible that this is true. Problem is this & trying to get more answers to what I think is Post-concussive Syndrome, is impossible with my doctor's office.

My sister hit the back of her head & went into a seizure like convulsion. I was scared as hell. I can't imagine having that on a recurring basis.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Nov 5 2009, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 5 2009, 01:47 AM)

I went to a neurologist. He did an EEG. It came up with nothing. The one problem is that they try to get you sleep deprived on this. I can move on about 4 hours of sleep (give or take). So, they tried 5 hours & I warned them that this may not cause that issue. So, the neuroligist had nothing else & told me to tell my PCP whom I told in the first place which how I got the referral.

It is very possible that this is true. Problem is this & trying to get more answers to what I think is Post-concussive Syndrome, is impossible with my doctor's office.

My sister hit the back of her head & went into a seizure like convulsion. I was scared as hell. I can't imagine having that on a recurring basis.

Welcome to my life, mine hit when they damn well please! The only times I get an aura, nothing happens.

I just realized they changed the no driving laws from 6 months to 3 months after a seizure in NV! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

State:  Nevada
Seizure-Free Period 3 months, with exceptions
Periodic Medical Updates Required After Licensing Annually for 3 years
Doctors Required to Report Epilepsy Yes
DMV Appeal of License Denial Within 30 days

I just moved out here from Pennsylvania:

State:  Pennsylvania
Seizure-Free Period 6 months, with exceptions
Periodic Medical Updates Required After Licensing At discretion of Medical Advisory Board
Doctors Required to Report Epilepsy Yes
DMV Appeal of License Denial Yes