QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 1 2007, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 1 2007, 03:44 AM)
I hope that they are able to get this under
some type of control for you. I kow how hard is is
living through this and not knowing when the next
is coming. I remember you saying they were looking
into that device to try and counter-act them. Are they
still discussing that? My son's father had a surgery that
minimized his alot. He was taking several a week.

I am sending lots of prayers and thoughts your way. heart.gif

Thanks CeeJ. I'm going to call my Dr and ask him about the procedure. If I can get them under control with medication, I'd rather not do it. But if that's my only option, I'm all for it.

From what I've heard about this procedure, it may be much better than a lifetime of meds Drum. Take a serious look into it bro. It could change the quality of your life by a hundred times. Of course, it can't change the fact that you live in Erie. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Aug 2 2007, 11:08 AM)
I knew you had this problem Danny, but I didn't realize it was to this extent  sad.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/TRF/Hug_blue-1.gif Here for you if you need me

Thanks, it's only in the past few years it's become a real problem. The worst thing for me is not being able to work a full time job. My Dr recently put me on disability but that's not very much as far as cash goes. It does however, take care of medical bills. Now I can see the Dr's I need to without going further into debt. It also pays for school if I decide to go. There's a great computer school down the street from me, and I'd be a fool if I didn't look into going full time.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 2 2007, 02:20 PM)
I knew you had this problem Danny, but I didn't realize it was to this extent  sad.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/TRF/Hug_blue-1.gif Here for you if you need me

Thanks, it's only in the past few years it's become a real problem. The worst thing for me is not being able to work a full time job. My Dr recently put me on disability but that's not very much as far as cash goes. It does however, take care of medical bills. Now I can see the Dr's I need to without going further into debt. It also pays for school if I decide to go. There's a great computer school down the street from me, and I'd be a fool if I didn't look into going full time.

Definitely take advantage of that too. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 2 2007, 02:20 PM)

Thats good that you finally have disability to take care of the medical costs..I know that had been hell for you in the past.

Check out that computer school..its good to keep the mind active smile.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 2 2007, 11:12 AM)
Of course, it can't change the fact that you live in Erie.  tongue.gif

I have a plan for that, I lived in Las Vegas for 11 years and worked outside all the time and I loved it. I used to buy cars for a dealership from Manheims Auto Auctions. I worked around cars in the car business, but driving wasn't part of the job. I just looked used cars over at the auctions and bid on them in the sales there and then once they were delivered to the dealership I worked for, I was the manager in charge of getting them ready for sale. I ordered all the parts for the mechanics that did the work and then took care of service after the sale. I made a lot of connections in the car business and know several places to look for a job once I hit the ground there. I would rather live out in the sunshine all day than to ever see snow again. My neurologist agrees that I should get away from this area too, as I go into a deep depression when the white sh!t starts to fall, that doesn't help my seizure disorder, in fact over the past few years, he has increased my meds during the winter. What I need to do is figure out some way to be a snow bunny because of the cost of living out in LV. Damn how I miss the desert and hate the humidity of the east coast. I would do just about anything to live out west during the winter months.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 5 2007, 10:51 PM)

I have a plan for that, I lived in Las Vegas for 11 years and worked outside all the time and I loved it. I used to buy cars for a dealership from Manheims Auto Auctions. I worked around cars in the car business, but driving wasn't part of the job. I just looked used cars over at the auctions and bid on them in the sales there and then once they were delivered to the dealership I worked for, I was the manager in charge of getting them ready for sale. I ordered all the parts for the mechanics that did the work and then took care of service after the sale. I made a lot of connections in the car business and know several places to look for a job once I hit the ground there. I would rather live out in the sunshine all day than to ever see snow again. My neurologist agrees that I should get away from this area too, as I go into a deep depression when the white sh!t starts to fall, that doesn't help my seizure disorder, in fact over the past few years, he has increased my meds during the winter. What I need to do is figure out some way to be a snow bunny because of the cost of living out in LV. Damn how I miss the desert and hate the humidity of the east coast. I would do just about anything to live out west during the winter months.

Man, I feel ya there... North Dakota is a bit too cold for me. Here, the snow falls from October - May and by April I'm in a bad mood because I want it to end... Hopefully you can get out of there.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 5 2007, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 5 2007, 10:51 PM)

Man, I feel ya there... North Dakota is a bit too cold for me. Here, the snow falls from October - May and by April I'm in a bad mood because I want it to end... Hopefully you can get out of there.

Right now, I live with my Father, and he would like nothing better than for me to one, get out on my own, and two get out from under his roof. I'm on disability now, and that gives me easier access to the Dr's I need to see, and now I'm on a new combination of meds. So as soon as I have some time seizure-free and my Dr OK's it, I'm on the next one-way flight out of here. Even though most of my direct family is here, I can't deal with the cold weather and the depression that goes with it.

I know how depressing winters can be for some of

us, I get very depressed in the winter. I hope that

you get your clearance to go before winter hits.

How are you feeling over the last few days Drum?

I hope that you are feeling well. Thinking of you and

sending healing prayers and thoughts your way.

heart.gif

I was just wondering how you were feelng these days.

I hope that you are doing a bit better.

Take it easy and try not to stress to much.

heart.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 16 2007, 07:51 PM)

heart.gif

I still wake up with headaches in the morning, but I think, and my Neuro agrees, it's the humid climate of the north-east. When I lived in the southwest, I had fewer seizures, and hardly ever had morning headaches. I have friends back in the southwest, and getting back could be a one-way flight away. I may have to leave behind a few personal items, and family, but gaining control of my seizures has become more of a life matter for me. My frequency of seizures and amount of medication has more than doubled since moving here.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 17 2007, 06:05 AM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 16 2007, 07:51 PM)

heart.gif

I still wake up with headaches in the morning, but I think, and my Neuro agrees, it's the humid climate of the north-east. When I lived in the southwest, I had fewer seizures, and hardly ever had morning headaches. I have friends back in the southwest, and getting back could be a one-way flight away. I may have to leave behind a few personal items, and family, but gaining control of my seizures has become more of a life matter for me. My frequency of seizures and amount of medication has more than doubled since moving here.

Best wishes for you Drum, I hope your seizures become less frequent and your medication reduces.

It seems you maybe considering moving back to the environment in which your seizures were less frequent - southwest. and from what you have said about living with your father, it may be the right choice all round.

As you know, while necessary meds are not good. If you think you can reduce the amount buy other means - location. Go for it new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thoughts go out to you Drum.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 31 2007, 05:54 PM)
I have had a seizure disorder for years, in the morning and at night, I take 6 different drugs to try to control them, but I still have them.

Anyone else have this horrible disease? wacko.gif

Holy shit, I didn't know this about you Drum. So sorry; that can really be a big problem.

When I was 14 or so, my friend had an epileptic seizure in front of me and I had no idea what it was. I ran to his father in another room and said, "Something's wrong with Chris!" His dad and I ran back to him, and Chris's father held his tongue to keep him from swallowing it and choking. (They tell you not to do this anymore, but back in the early 80s it was still a recommended action.)

Chris didn't have epilepsy, but every five years or so he'd have a seizure like this. They didn't know why. (My sister's every-nine-years-or-so fainting spells also are inexplicable.)

Thanks for the replies, positive reinforcement is always a good thing. So far, medication has been the only 'treatment' other than a good diet and plenty of sleep. I have tried many different medications in the past few years and because I have moved, and my insurance has changed or been non-existent. Finding the right medication and dosage is the focus now.

Hey Drum, I'm just reading this and i'm very sorry for your ills.

I've witness a person have a seizure and i felt helpless standing

there, but thank God there were a few people who knew how to handle that

situation and that person came out of it alright. It was something i'll never forget.

I hope things turn out alright for you! smile.gif

Hi D bekloppt.gif

I was searching the net and came across something interesting

I know you like cats..but what about a dog confused13.gif

A Seizure Alert Dog

Seizure Alert Dogs

Where to find one of these Special dogs (they even have them in PA biggrin.gif )

I think it is pretty amazing that animals can help us in ways we would never think possible yes.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Aug 19 2007, 07:42 AM)
Hi D  bekloppt.gif

I was searching the net and came across something interesting 

I know you like cats..but what about a dog  confused13.gif

A Seizure Alert Dog

Seizure Alert Dogs

Where to find one of these Special dogs (they even have them in PA  biggrin.gif )

I think it is pretty amazing that animals can help us in ways we would never think possible  yes.gif

Thanks, I'll look into it, I'm sure the birds will love it too! chickendance.gif chickendance.gif chickendance.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 17 2007, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 31 2007, 05:54 PM)
I have had a seizure disorder for years, in the morning and at night, I take 6 different drugs to try to control them, but I still have them.

Anyone else have this horrible disease? wacko.gif

Holy shit, I didn't know this about you Drum. So sorry; that can really be a big problem.

When I was 14 or so, my friend had an epileptic seizure in front of me and I had no idea what it was. I ran to his father in another room and said, "Something's wrong with Chris!" His dad and I ran back to him, and Chris's father held his tongue to keep him from swallowing it and choking. (They tell you not to do this anymore, but back in the early 80s it was still a recommended action.)

Chris didn't have epilepsy, but every five years or so he'd have a seizure like this. They didn't know why. (My sister's every-nine-years-or-so fainting spells also are inexplicable.)

My Epilepsy has become a huge problem in my life, and the lives of others, that's the part I hate the most. The problem when having a seizure, is not swallowing and choking on your tongue, the problem is biting it while having a seizure. I know all about that. Never force anything into someones mouth when the are having a seizure.

I feel like a pin cushion! I have to get another blood test in the morning, and that will make my 4th draw in 2 days. The Pharmacy screwed up and gave me 200mg tabs instead of 100mg tabs for Lamictal. Both pills look exactly alike, the only difference is the lettering on the pills. No wonder I had a buzz! wacko.gif I wish they would get their sh!t together! If I can find a drug or drug(s) that work on a regular basis, I'm going on mail order pharmacy!

smile.gif Thinking of you Drum and hope that the pharmacy can at least get their act together. yes.gif it is nice to see you back on TRF mate. trink39.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Nov 17 2007, 10:51 PM)
smile.gif Thinking of you Drum and hope that the pharmacy can at least get their act together. yes.gif it is nice to see you back on TRF mate. trink39.gif

Howdy down under mate! trink39.gif

I'm still a little confused with some of the stuff Dr's have me on, but so are they. I have to get another blood test Monday morn. I hope they get my meds squared away soon, getting stuck with a needle every day is getting old! angry.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 18 2007, 12:58 AM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Nov 17 2007, 10:51 PM)

Howdy down under mate! trink39.gif

I'm still a little confused with some of the stuff Dr's have me on, but so are they. I have to get another blood test Monday morn. I hope they get my meds squared away soon, getting stuck with a needle every day is getting old! angry.gif

Damn Drum, I hope it eases up on you.