Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 9 2011, 03:40 AM)
Still no seizures! biggrin.gif

Maybe I just want to come back faster from this but I'm still sleeping a lot and tire easily...

Awesome. Hope things continue to go well, so glad this is working out good for you.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 9 2011, 02:40 AM)
Still no seizures! biggrin.gif

Maybe I just want to come back faster from this but I'm still sleeping a lot and tire easily...

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 9 2011, 06:06 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 9 2011, 02:40 AM)
Still no seizures!  biggrin.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink39.gif

Still no seizures and feeling better every day! I do have my moments of pain and tiredness but I'm still happy with the fact that I haven't had any seizures!

Still doing well after surgery, no seizures! I'm still sleeping like a log but weird hours which is nothing unusual for me, up all night and sleep all day. I guess this confirms I'm a night person, either that or a Ware-wolf!

Yeah, I have moment's were my leg will twitch ALOT.

I'll be outside in the back loungin, and my leg will

all of a sudden involuntarily move..and not just once.

It will happen about once every 3 or 4 mins or so.

I'm not takin' anything for it, cause it doesn't happen all

the time..but still I'm kind'a wonderin' what the fluck

is goin' on...I've got an irregular heart-beat also.Nothin'

real serious.Sometimes it'll race..sometimes it'll get

out of sink..no biggie..I can deal with those minor probs.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 9 2011, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 9 2011, 03:40 AM)
Still no seizures!  biggrin.gif

Awesome! How weird is it to go this long without one?

It has been strange, when I was having them on a more "regular" basis, I could sleep for days at a time after a bad one including the ambulance ride to the ER and a 1-3 day stay in the hospital sometimes.

No seizures since my surgery on May 5, 2011 and at a my last appointment, we started to reduce my medications. I've been sleeping a bit more and was told to expect to be tired and to take things as they come and not to overdo things. I'm on disability now and Medicare paid for most of my surgery. When I lived here in Vegas a few years ago, I was working, had full coverage insurance through my employer and was seeing the same Neurologist. Had I been offered this surgery then, I would have had it. I was better controlled with meds but was still having seizures. I don't know why I wasn't offered it then, this surgery isn't anything new when it comes to Epilepsy surgery. One way or the other, it's done, this is the longest seizure-free period I've had in years!

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:32 AM)
Great glad to hear you are doing ok. That wasnt just a boo boo you had .LOL  1022.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks, I still have tender moments from time to time, the most "tender" of which being when my "new" baby sister kitties

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 29 2011, 02:57 AM)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/bowdown.gifhttp://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/bowdown.gifhttp://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/bowdown.gif

That is great news!

Thank you! trink39.gif

After trying to live with Epilepsy and failing miserably, having surgery to control my seizures feels overwhelming sometimes. I'm now a Traumatic Brain Injury survivor and have a second chance at life!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 19 2011, 11:43 PM)
Still seizure-free, I wish I could have had this surgery 10 years ago.

I know you do...but I'm so glad you are doing great NOW. That's great news!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 20 2011, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 20 2011, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 19 2011, 11:43 PM)
Still seizure-free, I wish I could have had this surgery 10 years ago.

I know you do...but I'm so glad you are doing great NOW. That's great news!

yes.gif

Thank you, still doing great! My surgery was May 5, 2011, NV state law is 3 months seizure-free and with a letter from my Dr, I'm allowed to drive!

biggrin.gif

(Now all I need is a job and a car!)

Been doing much better lately, the med I've been taking is the generic equivalent of Depakote and the pharmacy switched generic brands on me. I talked to my Dr and the pharmacy about it and my Dr told me the generic was OK and the pharmacy said the generic switch was only temporary because the normal brand they get wasn't available and they filled my script with another brand. The "regular" generic would be back in stock before the next time my script was due. What I need to do is get my meds through mail order until I can get off of them completely. I used to have my meds set up on a mail order program where the same meds were delivered to my mail box on a regular basis and because they are a maintenance drug, I never had to worry about calling in or picking up refills, they just showed up in my mailbox when they were due. I should get them set-up on mail order through Medicare, Lord knows what's going to happen to Medicare until Obamacare is repealed.

No seizures lately and the migraine headaches I've been having seem to be less severe and haven't been lasting as long as they had been the past couple of weeks. Even though my surgery was over a year ago, this is brain surgery I'm talking about. I still want to get my MMJ license and start a crop here @ home. MMJ is legal here in NV and my Dr already told me he doesn't care if I use it or not but doesn't want me to stop my regular Epilepsy med schedule anytime soon.

Good day yesterday, (as of now) I think my medication situation is leveling off a little bit and I don't feel as high as a kite all the time. After surgery, my dosage was increased to prevent relapse and the dosage was more than I had ever taken before. I've been slowly reducing my daily dosage and the "high" I had been getting is getting better, best thing, no seizures.