Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting quietly, comfortably in recovery, I hope this surgery is the magic bullet! I'm trying to fall asleep but all these cute young nurses keep coming in asking me if there's anything I need!?!?

It's almost like biting my tongue when I have a seizure, I'm sure there are a few things I could say but they're liable to get me thrown out of the hospital!!!

scared.gif

Still recovering, no seizures! Eating good, still taking my regular Epilepsy meds and some good pain meds from the hospital. I should have the staples out of my head within a week!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 3 2011, 11:25 PM)
Still recovering, no seizures! Eating good, still taking my regular Epilepsy meds and some good pain meds from the hospital. I should have the staples out of my head within a week!

Yay! 653.gif 653.gif

Glad to see (hear) you are recovering nicely and the surgery went well. Keep us informed.

So so so happy that everything went well & that you're recovering so quickly Danny!!!!! hug2.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 28 2011, 02:33 AM)
Sitting quietly, comfortably in recovery, I hope this surgery is the magic bullet! I'm trying to fall asleep but all these cute young nurses keep coming in asking me if there's anything I need!?!?

It's almost like biting my tongue when I have a seizure, I'm sure there are a few things I could say but they're liable to get me thrown out of the hospital!!!

scared.gif

what part of the brain was the surgery performed? i had left temperal lobe surgery for petit mal seizures in 1997 and I have been seizure free since then.

were you petit mal or grand mal?

Edited by Raider917

QUOTE (Raider917 @ May 4 2011, 11:30 PM)

scared.gif

what part of the brain was the surgery performed? i had left temperal lobe surgery for petit mal seizures in 1997 and I have been seizure free since then.

My surgery was performed on my Right Temporal Lobe. My seizures are/we're Gran Mal, big, long, painful, ones! Hopefully now, this should help keep them under control with a minimum of meds!

I'm so glad and excited to hear you're still seizure free! It gives me hope that there's a chance for me yet!!! I'm still in recovery right now, just taking it one hour at a time.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 5 2011, 11:36 PM)

scared.gif

My surgery was performed on my Right Temporal Lobe. My seizures are/we're Gran Mal, big, long, painful, ones! Hopefully now, this should help keep them under control with a minimum of meds!

I'm so glad and excited to hear you're still seizure free! It gives me hope that there's a chance for me yet!!! I'm still in recovery right now, just taking it one hour at a time.

i am still suprised how effective it has been for me. i hope your feeling better after this. the swelling lasted about a week after surgery for me. i remember being dazed for a couple of days but everything came back. i worried something would be different about the way i just think afterwards (even though the surgeons told me not too) but there really isnt any change besides the absence of seizures.

QUOTE (Raider917 @ May 5 2011, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 5 2011, 11:36 PM)

scared.gif

i am still suprised how effective it has been for me. i hope your feeling better after this. the swelling lasted about a week after surgery for me. i remember being dazed for a couple of days but everything came back. i worried something would be different about the way i just think afterwards (even though the surgeons told me not too) but there really isnt any change besides the absence of seizures.

I hope I am able to say the same here in the near future! I'm still a little sore and swollen from the surgery but they gave me something to help control the pain. I've been using an ice pack to help control the swelling. I'm sure once I have the staples removed, more of the swelling will go down and hopefully, the pain will go with it.

QUOTE (Raider917 @ May 8 2011, 10:42 PM)
was your incision on the side of the skull or more towards the centre?

Looking at my face, the incision starts at the top of my forehead over my left eye and goes up and then down and around to just above my right ear lobe on the side of my face. So I would say, it starts in the center and ends on the side. Hopefully, this is it, this will get my seizures under control and down to taking a minimum of medication.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/corvettenut/staplespicforEforum.jpg

Hopefully, this picture gives you a better idea.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 9 2011, 01:10 AM)

Looking at my face, the incision starts at the top of my forehead over my left eye and goes up and then down and around to just above my right ear lobe on the side of my face. So I would say, it starts in the center and ends on the side. Hopefully, this is it, this will get my seizures under control and down to taking a minimum of medication.

Oh, man... hug2.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 9 2011, 01:10 AM)

mine was pretty much the same but it went behind the ear

Glad to hear you came through good and everything looks to be going great for you. Here's to more good news.

653.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 11 2011, 05:16 AM)
Glad to hear you came through good and everything looks to be going great for you.  Here's to more good news.
653.gif

Thanks DM, it's been a tough past few days but it's getting better! I'm taking it slow but trying to do more and more every day as my head will allow! This has been an ordeal but hopefully the outcome is worth the effort of sticking my head in and all the support I've received from my family and the wonderful surgeons and staff at: www.thespinebrain.com here in Las Vegas, NV.

(Thanks for your replies everyone, I see a lot of posts to follow up on)

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ May 12 2011, 03:32 AM)
Glad you are doing better. The life before had to be crzy. Best to you.! 653.gif  trink38.gif  1022.gif  trink39.gif

Thank you, I'm doing better as far as surgery recovery goes, I HAVE NOT had any seizures since my surgery!!!

My life has been crazy for a long time trying to live WITH having seizures! This surgery is intended to get them under control and eventually off of all meds! I still feel like I just had brain surgery BUT, I did just have brain surgery!