Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After long last, it's finally time to do something about my Epilepsy. I have a pre-surgery appointment on Tuesday April 5th at THE SPINE AND BRAIN INSTITUTE here in Las Vegas to have Temporal Lobe Surgery. I've done all the tests and my Dr says I'm a good candidate, I'm going to have brain surgery. I'll post more about it before I go in for surgery but, I'm having brain surgery for my Epilepsy!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Mar 28 2011, 02:21 AM)
After long last, it's finally time to do something about my Epilepsy. I have a pre-surgery appointment on Tuesday April 5th at THE SPINE AND BRAIN INSTITUTE here in Las Vegas to have Temporal Lobe Surgery. I've done all the tests and my Dr says I'm a good candidate, I'm going to have brain surgery. I'll post more about it before I go in for surgery but, I'm having brain surgery for my Epilepsy!

None today... yet unsure.gif I'm looking forward to my surgery!

I'm really so happy for you! I wish more people were congratulating you on this because it's such a big deal. biggrin.gif Living with seizures is a shitty, shitty thing so the prospect of living without them is wonderful. smile.gif

I'm very happy for you. biggrin.gif

Mine are... as I like to say, quoting Dark Helmet, "My brains are going into my feet!" My new meds make me feel very sick.

QUOTE (garbo @ Apr 2 2011, 01:19 PM)
FYI, I just found out that March 26th was wear purple day. I had no idea. :S Shows how popular we epileptics are.

I got a pin for it in Washington D.C, but I didn't get to participate in the walk. (My mom's an epileptic.)

Epilepsy definitely needs more resources and funding put into the research, though (IMO). My mom went through her teens and early twenties dealing with doctors and people who had no idea what to look for, quite how to treat it, what it was really caused by, etc.. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 2 2011, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (garbo @ Apr 2 2011, 01:19 PM)
FYI, I just found out that March 26th was wear purple day.  I had no idea.  :S  Shows how popular we epileptics are.

I got a pin for it in Washington D.C, but I didn't get to participate in the walk. (My mom's an epileptic.)

Epilepsy definitely needs more resources and funding put into the research, though (IMO). My mom went through her teens and early twenties dealing with doctors and people who had no idea what to look for, quite how to treat it, what it was really caused by, etc.. Ridiculous.

You're exactly right, Epilepsy research is under funded and the medications used to treat and or control it don't work well. I have Epilepsy and have tried most of the top medications, brand name and or generic, on the market to treat it without success.

No seizures for me today, yesterday as of now. I have an appointment at 2:30 today with my Neurologist to meet the surgeon and set the date for my Right Temporal Lobectomy surgery.

My surgery will be at THE SPINE AND BRAIN INSTITUTE here in Las Vegas, NV.

I somehow got the date wrong or I forgot the date. (Gee, imagine that!)

This is my "Lose your mind weekend!" Monday morning, April 25th is the date of my surgery!!!

This surgery should hopefully, change my life forever!

Surgery is tomorrow morning, went out and got an all over head buzz because I know they only intend to shave the area they're going to make the incision. It will be easier to show-off my incision mark this way anyway! We're counting down hours now before I show up at the hospital!!!

Best of luck and I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as well!

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Apr 25 2011, 09:46 AM)
Thinking of You Danny heart.gif

me2!!

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 25 2011, 12:50 AM)
Thank you everyone! I excited and scared at the same time. I can imagine anyone would be considering this is brain surgery.

hug2.gif

I know when we found my tumor about four years back the best advice I was given by my neurologist was "shave your head" (which you've done) and "it's the hardest surgery to recover from so take your time." Don't expect to bounce back so fast and be patient. Know you have people on your side that are going to be strong for you when you can't be.

Just take your time.

QUOTE (garbo @ Mar 30 2011, 07:46 AM)
I'm really so happy for you!  I wish more people were congratulating you on this because it's such a big deal.  biggrin.gif  Living with seizures is a shitty, shitty thing so the prospect of living without them is wonderful.  smile.gif 

I'm very happy for you.  biggrin.gif 

Mine are... as I like to say, quoting Dark Helmet, "My brains are going into my feet!"  My new meds make me feel very sick.

Garbo, AKA Dark Helmet,

I know that feeling exaclty. Hopefully, this will draw an end to this closer for me. I know one thing that delayed my surgery was whenever they had to stop to shave closer or work and area that had now alredy been shaven as low as it could go. When I went into Barber shoppe, I asked them to just take it all, give me a shiner, I want to run with The Bloods or The Crypts. All they did at the barber shop was leave me with abou 6/16 of an inch, I wish they would have done what I'd asked and given me Dark Helmet!!! Get it done right the first time, looking back now, I wish I had used a Gilette Sensor Blade myself.

I can't believe you're back online already! Amazing recovery from the operation, and I hope things keep getting better.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 27 2011, 04:55 PM)
I can't believe you're back online already! Amazing recovery from the operation, and I hope things keep getting better.

Right now what makes it easy is Wi-Fi in the Hospital and my laptop, just turn it on and type, it's LIKE free internet!!!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 28 2011, 12:45 AM)
I can't believe you're back online already!  Amazing recovery from the operation, and I hope things keep getting better.

Right now what makes it easy is Wi-Fi in the Hospital and my laptop, just turn it on and type, it's LIKE free internet!!!

tongue.gif

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLLRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope youre doing well/recovering!!!!! Wahooo! common001.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 27 2011, 11:45 PM)
I can't believe you're back online already!  Amazing recovery from the operation, and I hope things keep getting better.

tongue.gif

Well, if you have to have brain surgery to get free internet then I think that I will pass. biggrin.gif Welcome Back! I'm glad the operation went so smoothly! trink39.gif