Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 21 2008, 11:40 AM)
Oh nice, just heard about this:
GADOLINIUM
Gadolinium is injected into the bloodstream to enhance MRI and MRA images
Gadolinium can cause nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) in patients with kidney problems
NSF is a debilitating, potentially fatal disease for which there is no known cure
The pharmaceutical companies knew about the life-threatening side effects as early as April 2006
The FDA ordered a black box warning in May 2007 for the labels of all gadolinium dyes
Gadolinium is the active ingredient in several different brands of contrast dyes used to enhance MRI and MRA images. In April of 2006, reports began to surface that certain patients using gadolinium dyes were developing nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF), previously known as nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy (NFD). NSF is a disease which causes a thickening of the skin, connective tissues, muscles and internal organs throughout the body. There is no known treatment for NSF, it becomes worse over time and can lead to death.

At the Law Offices of Howard L. Nations, we represent people who have been injured by defective drugs or medical devices. If you or someone you know has developed nephrogenic systemic fibrosis after undergoing an MRI or MRA, please contact our offices for a free case evaluation by one of our experienced pharmaceutical attorneys.

sad.gif

That really sucks. I think that the FDA better start

doing their damn job. There are so many things out

there that are used in other countries that they just

haven't approved yet that can help us, yet they go

ahead and approve shit without doing the proper

research on other things. angry.gif

Talk to your doctor and have him take...

More bloodwork. sad.gif

I know...

More bloodwork is the last thing you want but

you need to be checked for this.

Try to keep your chin up honey.

wub.gif

Edited by CeeJ

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 21 2008, 02:17 PM)
GADOLINIUM
Gadolinium can cause nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) in patients with kidney problems
NSF is a debilitating, potentially fatal disease for which there is no known cure
The pharmaceutical companies knew about the life-threatening side effects as early as April 2006
The FDA ordered a black box warning in May 2007 for the labels of all gadolinium dyes
Gadolinium is the active ingredient in several different brands of contrast dyes used to enhance MRI and MRA images. In April of 2006, reports began to surface that certain patients using gadolinium dyes were developing nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF), previously known as nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy (NFD). NSF is a disease which causes a thickening of the skin, connective tissues, muscles and internal organs throughout the body. There is no known treatment for NSF, it becomes worse over time and can lead to death.

At the Law Offices of Howard L. Nations, we represent people who have been injured by defective drugs or medical devices. If you or someone you know has developed nephrogenic systemic fibrosis after undergoing an MRI or MRA, please contact our offices for a free case evaluation by one of our experienced pharmaceutical attorneys.

sad.gif

More bloodwork. sad.gif

I know...

wub.gif

I have a lawyer for my disability suit, and I e-mailed his office this info about Gadolinium. If there's a lawsuit there, I'll sue them for that too! There might be something to having this E. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 21 2008, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 21 2008, 02:17 PM)
GADOLINIUM

sad.gif

More bloodwork. sad.gif

I know...

wub.gif

I have a lawyer for my disability suit, and I e-mailed his office this info about Gadolinium. If there's a lawsuit there, I'll sue them for that too! There might be something to having this E. wacko.gif

Just received a call from the lawyers office, and I am now a litigant in the lawsuit. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The fact that it's a class-action lawsuit, if they win, I'll get a piece of the settlement.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 22 2008, 09:45 PM)
I hope that you can catch some schla03.gif tonight.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

hug2.gif

Thanks CeeJ, I just fell woke up from being put into a coma from dinner, so I'll be up a little late tonight, good thing there's hockey on!

No seizures today, or needle sticks!!! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/woohoo.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 22 2008, 08:59 PM)

hug2.gif

Thanks CeeJ, I just fell woke up from being put into a coma from dinner, so I'll be up a little late tonight, good thing there's hockey on!

No seizures today, or needle sticks!!! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/woohoo.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/thawwhug.gif Glad no seizures today Drum. Good news indeed. trink39.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 23 2008, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 22 2008, 08:59 PM)

hug2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/thawwhug.gif Glad no seizures today Drum. Good news indeed. trink39.gif

Thanx Sunny. wink.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 23 2008, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (joanneeeeee @ Jan 23 2008, 03:41 PM)
Thoughts and prayers to you D!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/joanneeee/glitters/thred_rose2.jpg

Thanks joanneeeeee!!! trink39.gif

Hey, any time!

Hope your night is good schla03.gif

trink39.gif

My boss had a siezure on the job site years ago. It was kinda scarey cuz I didn't know what to do. I called his wife and she came and got him. She said I did the rite thing. He was fine after that (that I know of)

QUOTE (missionman @ Jan 23 2008, 09:40 PM)
My boss had a siezure on the job site years ago. It was kinda scarey cuz I didn't know what to do. I called his wife and she came and got him. She said I did the rite thing. He was fine after that (that I know of)

Most of the time, I wind up in the back of an ambulance, rushed to the hospital only for some Dr to tell me I just had a seizure. After that, I wind up with $3-$4000.00 in bills just to have some Dr tell me I just had a seizure. I must have over $100,000 in unpaid bills that are never going to get paid. I wish someone would just call to have me picked up, but most employers don't allow that. If you have a seizure on the job, it's normally company policy to call an ambulance weather you have insurance or not.

My boss owned the company and the next day he said that WAS the policy. That's why his wife said I did the rite thing by calling HER.

It was a fence company and we (just me and him) were installing a fence at an old abandoned factory with nobody else around. That's why I was so scared. If I would have called 911 I wasn't sure how to explain how to get to where we were. She knew how to get there. At the time I was freaking out. It was just a weird thing for a 19yr. old kid (at the time) to handle.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 24 2008, 07:34 AM)
bekloppt.gif

Just wanted to know if you got any good schla03.gif ?

Hope that you are feeling well.

hug2.gif

I did get some sleep last night. I'm trying to get my sleep schedule back in time, I've been staying up all night, and sleeping all day, makes it difficult when I have an early appointment. Maybe I just need to shut this stupid thing off and just go to bed.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 24 2008, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 24 2008, 07:34 AM)
bekloppt.gif

Just wanted to know if you got any good schla03.gif ?

Hope that you are feeling well.

hug2.gif

I did get some sleep last night. I'm trying to get my sleep schedule back in time, I've been staying up all night, and sleeping all day, makes it difficult when I have an early appointment. Maybe I just need to shut this stupid thing off and just go to bed.

yeah, sometimes this thing can steal your time away. Before you know it - it's dawn and you haven't been to bed. comp26.gif