Blur

D-13

They were big in the mid-late '90s. I had an album but never listened to it. One track they always played at Manchester Storm Ice-hockey home matches, but can't remember what it was called. Quite heavy in parts.." something song" or something laugh.gif - edit "Song 2"

Oasis always overshadowed them yes.gif and of course are much better.

Edited by rickyrob

I have seen some great shows in my life, Blur being no exception. I enjoy most of their schtuff. I was sort of mupset when they swapped to indie [self titled] as I really dug the droopy pop-ness of it all, but 13 is really hip and drifty, BTW - Who likes Rory G these days??? rofl3.gif , I was laughing pretty hard. I still have the Top Priority vinyl in my collection, man that old dam strat! smile.gif peace FREDEJ

QUOTE (mars_volta @ Jul 30 2007, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 30 2007, 06:49 AM)
Oasis always overshadowed them  yes.gif  and of course are much better.

you mean those two sniveling blokes that constantly fight and want to be the beatles?

Saw a film about that era of British Music not too long ago...lots of good music came out of that time in England...post-Thatcher, anti-American hegenomy-neo-English nationalism...

What's the Story Morning Glory is a great album....totally defines the time in which it was released....although I must say I do like Pulp's Common People and Blur's Song 2.

QUOTE (mars_volta @ Jul 31 2007, 03:32 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 30 2007, 06:49 AM)
Oasis always overshadowed them  yes.gif  and of course are much better.

you mean those two sniveling blokes that constantly fight and want to be the beatles?

Oh yes. But they have only been influenced by the Beatles, just like most bands are influenced by other bands. They will never WANT to be them.

I only said that they are better than Blur, which is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it tongue.gif

You really have to be a Mancunian to understand them best. I used to walk past their house every day going to school, when they were still in their nappies.

Edited by rickyrob